Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

Just now, Chippa said:

I honestly see him producing like Lockett ROS if Rudolph stays healthy. I dont think that's a hot take at all

I don't know about that.  I hope that JuJu sees more consistent targets than Lockett. 

But if your point is that they may put up similar fantasy numbers, I don't disagree.  I was just being a little sarcastic with my "stick in the eye" comment.

Probably more to do with the current state of my teams than anything else.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I don't know about that.  I hope that JuJu sees more consistent targets than Lockett. 

But if your point is that they may put up similar fantasy numbers, I don't disagree.  I was just being a little sarcastic with my "stick in the eye" comment.

Probably more to do with the current state of my teams than anything else.

tis my point

• Like 1
3 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

If he cant do anything against mia off a bye it's the final nail in the coffin

I’m worried that they’ll just run it down their throat like they did against bad running defenses Cinci and LAC but maybe they’ll use it as a chance to kick the tires on the passing game too. Unfortunately the Rams game soon after that was looking decent is now a sure sit for him with ramsey there. 

16 minutes ago, altmin said:

Let's not be hasty in shutting down options. What kind of stick are we talking about here?

Like a sharp stick with ghost pepper sauce on it.  Rudolph back is way better than that.  Or a weenie.  I might rather have the ghost pepper stick in my eye than a weenie.

In any event, I prefer to have the Steeler’s 2nd string QB back throwing to JuJu than either of those kinds of sticks.

I guess if there was some kind of magic spear that would give me unlimited wishes when it pierced my eye...I’d take that.  

Obviously it’s a complex question and very subjective.  

• Haha 2

Honest thoughts about this guy ROS as well as future/dynasty thoughts. I've never owned JuJu and haven't followed him much but have a very enticing offer to acquire him.

Looking at things he's still super young at 22. Some red flags for this year are: he only received 4 targets in 2 games, and his max is 8. QB carousel due to injuries.  Honestly don't know what the "norm" for him is and if he will consistently get 7-8 targets minimum each game.  We are seeing some of the top WRs get 10+ targets each game. Fantasy pros has him as #12 on their rankings for PPR Dynasty.  I assume that hasn't been updated lately but sure shows what people initially think of him long term, at least potential.  Is it worth acquiring JuJu in a dynasty league in hopes he can truly be a top WR in this league?  Can he get there? So many people want instant gratification and are unwilling to wait for it (see impatient Cook owners who gave up too early).

I haven't decided if this guy can be an elite WR1 on his team year in and year out. Maybe it is too early in his career to make that determination.... 

16 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Honest thoughts about this guy ROS as well as future/dynasty thoughts. I've never owned JuJu and haven't followed him much but have a very enticing offer to acquire him.

Looking at things he's still super young at 22. Some red flags for this year are: he only received 4 targets in 2 games, and his max is 8. QB carousel due to injuries.  Honestly don't know what the "norm" for him is and if he will consistently get 7-8 targets minimum each game.  We are seeing some of the top WRs get 10+ targets each game. Fantasy pros has him as #12 on their rankings for PPR Dynasty.  I assume that hasn't been updated lately but sure shows what people initially think of him long term, at least potential.  Is it worth acquiring JuJu in a dynasty league in hopes he can truly be a top WR in this league?  Can he get there? So many people want instant gratification and are unwilling to wait for it (see impatient Cook owners who gave up too early).

I haven't decided if this guy can be an elite WR1 on his team year in and year out. Maybe it is too early in his career to make that determination.... 

That's been the major question and this should have been the season to answer it one way or the other.  Unfortunately, Big Ben getting hurt means we won't see him with a starting QB until next season.   Personally, I don't think he is an elite WR like Hopkins, Jones, etc. 

20 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

He is extremely talented and has taken everything that came his way in stride. The only big question marks for him alone are: can he produce as the teams #1 without a reliable second option and can he produce versus cornerback jamming. I have no doubts that he will overcome both of these obstacles, but I have serious doubts about his ability to produce with a sub-par QB and not getting the ball his way.

It's honestly looking like a lost year for Juju, but Ben will be back next year. Unfortunately, he may not stay healthy and he may not play much, or at all, after that. Still, JuJu is super talented and super young, too. He is on pace to be a hall of fame level player even with this hiccup. This is the lowest he will probably ever be in his career. I would take any reasonable steps possible to acquire him in dynasty.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Next week is gonna be the real Juju this season.

1) Rudolph should be back

2) Going against MIA

3) Had the bye week to plan

His schedule this season has actually been rough.

If he doesn’t go 100+ yards week 8, he is really done this year

On the contrary, I'm worried they're just going to pound the ball like they did against Cincinnati. I doubt the Dolphins are going to give them a reason to have to pass the ball

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

On the contrary, I'm worried they're just going to pound the ball like they did against Cincinnati. I doubt the Dolphins are going to give them a reason to have to pass the ball

I'm so caught between these two lines of thought...ugh. I do think it's somewhere in the middle. They will throw and take shots against Miami just knowing they will need to be actively working on their passing game as better teams come along. They didn't against Cinci because they were desperate for a win. Or so I like to tell myself.....

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, aapox said:

I'm so caught between these two lines of thought...ugh. I do think it's somewhere in the middle. They will throw and take shots against Miami just knowing they will need to be actively working on their passing game as better teams come along. They didn't against Cinci because they were desperate for a win. Or so I like to tell myself.....

You’d think if they went up early they’d keep passing just to get the real reps in, i agreeI agree

I really hope we see some potential out of his fantasy outlook this week against Miami.  We all know he is a great receiver but his situation this year has just destroyed his value.  I just want to see signs of life out of this man this week, doesn't even need to have a big fantasy game.  Just something for me to hope for. Please.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

I really hope we see some potential out of his fantasy outlook this week against Miami.  We all know he is a great receiver but his situation this year has just destroyed his value.  I just want to see signs of life out of this man this week, doesn't even need to have a big fantasy game.  Just something for me to hope for. Please.

Agreed. Juju is one of my favorite players but even I am debating selling him before this week with that big 17 points projected on Yahoo! for my league format.

20 minutes ago, aapox said:

Agreed. Juju is one of my favorite players but even I am debating selling him before this week with that big 17 points projected on Yahoo! for my league format.

You see how he has reacted to his usage? Telling the coach to run the ball more when they were winning week 6, he just bought all his teammates nice headphones.  Dude is a total class act.

1 minute ago, fullonchubb said:

You see how he has reacted to his usage? Telling the coach to run the ball more when they were winning week 6, he just bought all his teammates nice headphones.  Dude is a total class act.

Yep. And this: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/04/juju-smith-schuster-prom-pittsburgh-steelers-fan And the bike thing. I love Juju so much.

2 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

Wow I actually can't believe how awesome this dude is. Thanks for sharing that.

This guy is so solid. Great athlete with a great attitude - can't get better than that

I really hope he makes it far in his professional career!

2 hours ago, tatddy said:

If you don’t start JuJu against the Dolphins then you might as well just sell as low as possible right now. 

Locked and loaded this week hoping for 2 weeks worth of production. 

Unfortunately Juju isn't trade worthy, I tried.😭, Great player, horrible fantasy situation.