Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, mjb said:

Unfortunately Juju isn't trade worthy, I tried.😭, Great player, horrible fantasy situation.

Have you looked at the Steelers schedule? Talk about the ultimate buy low candidate. You could get a guy who was drafted at 2nd round value for a middling fantasy player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This feels like the "get right" game. The Dolphins allow multiple TD's through the air weekly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This feels like the "get right" game. The Dolphins allow multiple TD's through the air weekly. 

Sure hope so

Just now, Mmiller186 said:

Just popped up with a Q tag in yahoo.... what's going on?

The part of practice at that was open to the media no one saw him.  From OC Fichtner, "I don't know about the injury, but I know that we've all kind of had the sniffles and the cold stuff gong on, me included.  I wouldn't speak on the injury aspect of it."

Not good.

• Thanks 1

Don't really care about his questionable tag.  Might be better off playing somebody like Stills anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Just popped up with a Q tag in yahoo.... what's going on?

May be nursing injury or illness

Smith-Schuster didn't look to be involved in the portion of Thursday's practice that was open to the media, Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com reports. "I don't know about the injury, but I know that we've all kind of the sniffles and the cold stuff going on, me included. I wouldn't speak on the injury aspect of it," offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner said, when asked if a health-related reason was behind Smith-Schuster's lack of activity.

55 minutes ago, street sharks said:

It's Thursday, which is basically Wednesday for Monday night games. I wouldn't worry about it

Well When your only other option at wide receiver plays tonight, Thursday you do worry about it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tatddy said:

Well When your only other option at wide receiver plays tonight, Thursday you do worry about it

Whatever I'm not forcing a lineup decision tonight because JuJu might have the flu. He should still be able to put up numbers against the stinking Dolphins 4 days after being "sick". 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:55 PM, mjb said:

Unfortunately Juju isn't trade worthy, I tried.😭, Great player, horrible fantasy situation.

Yup. Ended up throwing him in as a freebie, currently doing the same with Watkins. Keep them or trade them for roster space to stream.

• Thanks 1

[Posts removed.  What you need to win your weekly fantasy matchup is not relevant  to JuJu's fantasy outlook.]

[...]

Here's the thing. They play Miami. Miami has an awful secondary, so these dink and dunks that will be there, even if the Steelers go (and they will, imo) run heavy, will likely be completed with a chance for YAC. That's Juju's game. I can see him housing a short pass from 40+ out and making his fantasy day. On top of that, I think Tomlin knows if they really want to compete down the stretch, they're going to need a functional passing game. This is the perfect time to kick the wheels on that - off the bye, sad opponent, MNF. It's very likely Rudolph gets 200-250 and 2 scores...let's just hope a nice chunk of that is Juju.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted CSB
  • Like 3

Welp if you’re starting Juju as a flex, X Howard is in fact active. Historically he doesn’t play in the slot. Biggest problem of course QB. Ceiling maybe 6/80/1🤷‍♂️

I give it about a 5% chance that Rudolph can hit Juju for a couple TD’s tonight...too optimistic? 😄

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Welp if you’re starting Juju as a flex, X Howard is in fact active. Historically he doesn’t play in the slot. Biggest problem of course QB. Ceiling maybe 6/80/1🤷‍♂️

I hope you're right in that Xavien Howard doesn't travel to the slot. He's a very talented corner from what I've seen/read in the past. 

I think we all needed this game from him, so bad. Now let’s sell high lol. All together now. 

• Like 2

Howard out, Juju TD, ceiling!👍

Yeah I wish this gave me more confidence to keep him in my lineup going forward, but I gotta remind myself this is the worst team in the league lol

Obviously try to sell if you can

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Yeah I wish this gave me more confidence to keep him in my lineup going forward, but I gotta remind myself this is the worst team in the league lol

Obviously try to sell if you can

His touchdown was nasty. I agree though. This offense is tough and the volume will be low. 

5/103/1

Pretty much ceiling but great catch on the touchdown. Now got to decide to trade or hold him. Without Big Ben, it’s a real struggle. 9 targets good to see. WR2/3 and a prayer.

• Like 1

The only plus I see going forward is that the Steelers have finally figured out to put Juju in the slot to keep #1 CB’s off him. He’s got the best hands on the team, so they should be running him on the high-percentage throws like they did with AB. Washington & Johnson are fast but don’t have the experience in route-running like Juju has