Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

I’m not gonna lie I thought he had turned the corner last week. Besides there defense, I don’t understand how the Steelers are able to win games like this. Their offense is extremely one dimensional. Every play happens within the first 10 yards. I feel like they’ll need juju to take the top off every now and then. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

I’m not gonna lie I thought he had turned the corner last week. Besides there defense, I don’t understand how the Steelers are able to win games like this. Their offense is extremely one dimensional. Every play happens within the first 10 yards. I feel like they’ll need juju to take the top off every now and then. 

Honestly kudos to them for making it work. First of all they have a really good offensive line so that helps chip away yards. Second of all, their defense is really good so they don’t have as much urgency or need to score because they’re in most games. 

I think the other part of it is Indy traditionally plays a safer zone D where they’ll give you that and they don’t want to give up big plays. 

Unfortunately this floor is jujus new reality. Welcome to the boom bust WR3 world. I love juju more than most but WR2 ain’t there unless he goes on a somewhat consistent run the next few games. Gonna be tough against Ramsey and RobyColeman. 

10 minutes ago, aapox said:

Honestly kudos to them for making it work. First of all they have a really good offensive line so that helps chip away yards. Second of all, their defense is really good so they don’t have as much urgency or need to score because they’re in most games. 

I think the other part of it is Indy traditionally plays a safer zone D where they’ll give you that and they don’t want to give up big plays. 

Unfortunately this floor is jujus new reality. Welcome to the boom bust WR3 world. I love juju more than most but WR2 ain’t there unless he goes on a somewhat consistent run the next few games. Gonna be tough against Ramsey and RobyColeman. 

I feel better about similar wr2/3 guys like Calvin Ridley or micheal Gallup going forward which makes me think he’s droppable for better upside picks like a defense or handcuff.

With those corners covering him I feel like the staff is probably telling Mason to avoid throwing it to him this weak. Do they use him as a decoy against the rams?

Edited by Jrt80
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if they use him as a decoy but he certainly won’t be their first option to move the ball. Unfortunately I think the Steelers D is good enough to hold the rams in shouting distance so they won’t feel the need to throw and if I’m the rams I’m shadowing juju with Ramsey. I’m trying to get pascal or another upside flier to play with the rest of my WRs except 1 on Bye.

7 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Only need 4 yards per down to never lose the ball. Sucks for deep threats though. So depressing.

52 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Yea I’m benching him this week for Parker. Jalen is gonna shadow JuJu and i have no faith in Rudolph to get the ball to him

does Jalen play the slot?   They have been using JuJu in the slot more and more recently.  

The only way JuJu will beast is if Pitt is down double digits. Even then he still has to rely on a lame duck QB. I’m considering dropping him in the hopes I play against him and he has his typical game this year. He has the lowest floor for a supposedly elite WR.

• Haha 1

I have no faith/trust anymore with Captain check down, easier match ups may be a problem even more since they can just run the ball or dumpoff to RB's. I am thinking of dropping him for a better upside receiver [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

I have no faith/trust anymore with Captain check down, easier match ups may be a problem even more since they can just run the ball or dumpoff to RB's. I am thinking of dropping him for a better upside receiver [...]

JuJu is still a WR3 Rest of Season and he will have better games. He should not be dropped in any league 10 teams or more unless the rosters are shallow. Honestly, a lot of the WRs in his territory have the same floor.

4 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Ahh all faith lost in fantasy circles=75 yard td this week. 

I hear that! They need to feed him, he can do a lot of damage with the shorter routes. You look at his TDs and they are 100% all him making plays.

Game script should be there this week, at least.

2 hours ago, aapox said:

JuJu is still a WR3 Rest of Season and he will have better games. He should not be dropped in any league 10 teams or more unless the rosters are shallow. Honestly, a lot of the WRs in his territory have the same floor.

I'm thinking of dropping for Crowder, who at least seems to be the lone receiving beneficiary in that offense. I just can't trust Juju because the Steelers seem intent on keeping Rudolph out of trouble by running the ball

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

I'm thinking of dropping for Crowder, who at least seems to be the lone receiving beneficiary in that offense. I just can't trust Juju because the Steelers seem intent on keeping Rudolph out of trouble by running the ball

This is fair, especially in PPR or half, but then you're trusting a Jets guy which also seems scary. Crowder had a great game last week but before that he only had 5 targets and little production 2 weeks in a row. I wouldn't hate the move. You gotta go with who you think will produce. I'll still take Juju after this week when the schedule opens up.

4 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

You obviously don't want any Steelers games.  Rudolph goes deep quite a bit.  

14 minutes ago, aapox said:

This is fair, especially in PPR or half, but then you're trusting a Jets guy which also seems scary. Crowder had a great game last week but before that he only had 5 targets and little production 2 weeks in a row. I wouldn't hate the move. You gotta go with who you think will produce. I'll still take Juju after this week when the schedule opens up.

It's worth noting that in those two down weeks they were against NE and JAX. Thankfully he won't face any defense as good as them for the rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, street sharks said:

It's worth noting that in those two down weeks they were against NE and JAX. Thankfully he won't face any defense as good as them for the rest of the season.

Yeah, his schedule is great. Baltimore week 15 is bad news though. They're healthy and will be fresh while their offense dominates time of possession. But Juju had, I think, Buffalo week 15? So just as bad.

Looking at my roster and point totals in 1/2 PPR. Will fuller still has more points than Juju and hasn't suited up in Weeks. AJ Brown has 5 points less and I picked him off the scrap pile for free a few weeks back as opposed to a round 2 pick.

Once again he is being ranked in the teens for the week by nearly every "expert" out there. Feels like they just don't look at reality, are too lazy to change their lists or they feel like Charlie Brown and trusting Lucy that this time it will be different.

I just don't think I can start him this week. I'd be less frustrated by seeing points on the bench from him, than watching any other WR on my roster rack them up down there if another dud happens after I start him.

Edited by altmin
1 hour ago, altmin said:

Looking at my roster and point totals in 1/2 PPR. Will fuller still has more points than Juju and hasn't suited up in Weeks. AJ Brown has 5 points less and I picked him off the scrap pile for free a few weeks back as opposed to a round 2 pick.

Once again he is being ranked in the teens for the week by nearly every "expert" out there. Feels like they just don't look at reality, are too lazy to change their lists or they feel like Charlie Brown and trusting Lucy that this time it will be different.

I just don't think I can start him this week. I'd be less frustrated by seeing points on the bench from him, than watching any other WR on my roster rack them up down there if another dud happens after I start him.

Starting John Brown, Allen Robinson, and Devin Singletary in the FLEX over him.