Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

JuJu is game script dependent:

With Steelers lead at halftime: 7.7 HPPR PPG

With Steelers behind at halftime: 11.9 HPPR PPG

 

I think this year JuJu is hurt by the emergence of the Steelers defense. Once they get a lead they take the ball out of Masons hands, run down the clock and end the game, which they've generally been able to do oitside of the Ravens and Seahawks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, genya said:

JuJu is game script dependent:

With Steelers lead at halftime: 7.7 HPPR PPG

With Steelers behind at halftime: 11.9 HPPR PPG

 

I think this year JuJu is hurt by the emergence of the Steelers defense. Once they get a lead they take the ball out of Masons hands, run down the clock and end the game, which they've generally been able to do oitside of the Ravens and Seahawks.

Yup and it’s not like he’s getting quality targets from Big Ben to support him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I drafted JuJu with the first pick of round 2, then "stacked" him with Roethlisberger later in the draft. That injury feels like it's taken down two fantasy players. Painful.
I still believe in his talent though, I think of him as a cross-your-fingers WR2 with the potential to put up 3 point duds like last week. But WR2 may be optimistic... does he hold more fantasy value than someone like D.J. Moore at this point? Yikes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Nah, Ramsey doesn't roll to the slot ever and JuJu has been running 65%+ of his routes from there.

Roby- Coleman is the Rams slot guy and he's been pretty good. That being said knowing how this all works with all signs pointing to a poor day from Juju due to QB, targets, matchup, etc. He'll probably go off for 100+ and a TD

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Roby- Coleman is the Rams slot guy and he's been pretty good. That being said knowing how this all works with all signs pointing to a poor day from Juju due to QB, targets, matchup, etc. He'll probably go off for 100+ and a TD

Yeah man, simply because he's a really good player as well.

A solid outside bet for a monstrous rac TD or to be open a lot on short/intermediate routes and see a lot of volume because of it.

I'm gonna play him in a deep league, I'm gonna bench him in a shallow league where my options are Adams, Pascal and J Brown. In truth I wouldn't mind slotting him in for Pascal or Brown as I feel like any combination of the four would give me a strong enough floor to gamble on a boom/bust type.

That's how I'd play Juju this week if I were others. Do you need the floor or can you afford to gamble on the ceiling?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

Yeah man, simply because he's a really good player as well.

A solid outside bet for a monstrous rac TD or to be open a lot on short/intermediate routes and see a lot of volume because of it.

I'm gonna play him in a deep league, I'm gonna bench him in a shallow league where my options are Adams, Pascal and J Brown. In truth I wouldn't mind slotting him in for Pascal or Brown as I feel like any combination of the four would give me a strong enough floor to gamble on a boom/bust type.

That's how I'd play Juju this week if I were others. Do you need the floor or can you afford to gamble on the ceiling?

He is a talented player, just not a fan of Rudolph has he spends all game checking down to the RBs. Like you said though given his talent and ability he could break a big one or end up like last week, all about if you can handle the risk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a 4th reason to not play juju!

1) QB/situation

2) bad matchup

3) other safer options

4) risk of missing time or not being his best self

Hes still worth a throw in if you don’t have a Pascal or Parker or have bye issues because he can still make great plays and the Rams should score a bit and force the Steelers to play offense, but this has the looks of an ugly game imo. I don’t want any pieces except Kupp and the RBs and Dst/Ks

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, aapox said:

Looks like a 4th reason to not play juju!

1) QB/situation

2) bad matchup

3) other safer options

4) risk of missing time or not being his best self

Hes still worth a throw in if you don’t have a Pascal or Parker or have bye issues because he can still make great plays and the Rams should score a bit and force the Steelers to play offense, but this has the looks of an ugly game imo. I don’t want any pieces except Kupp and the RBs and Dst/Ks

Whole situation is a dumpster 🔥..Rudolph #1 reason to sit.💀

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Hate to say, but I'm thinking about benching him for the first time this season.  Boom or bust low end WR3 against LA.  In my case, I would be going with Golden Tate instead.

That would be a no-brainer for me.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Hate to say, but I'm thinking about benching him for the first time this season.  Boom or bust low end WR3 against LA.  In my case, I would be going with Golden Tate instead.

Made the same decision yesterday 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

When and where is he going to do anything - against anyone? He has his built-in toe excuse now - see you next year.

 

That might be going too far.  He has had some decent games, not draft value, but WR2 range.  He could still have value, just not this week.  After the Rams, the Steelers have a nice schedule which is why their defense is a hot commodity.  JuJu could be back in WR2 land for the next few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a new injury and there are no reports of an aggravation. Likely just some extra rest and they had to list something. I completely understand why people are deuces...I simply have no alternatives with my lone share being a 16 teamer and Fuller still down. Though I am optimistic his talents will still produce better than what is now being expected. 

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This is not a new injury and there are no reports of an aggravation. Likely just some extra rest and they had to list something. I completely understand why people are deuces...I simply have no alternatives with my lone share being a 16 teamer and Fuller still down. Though I am optimistic his talents will still produce better than what is now being expected. 

I hope so. A lot of the times even when I sit a player for a bad matchup or tough circumstances I want to see how they do as a confidence meter moving forward. Hopefully he gets some good production for your game. It’s just hard not to be scared after last week,  but the rams have given up some WR production so it’s possible he has a good game. Plus, he’s juju, he got game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...