thebadferret

Kerryon Johnson 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, atrium said:

This guy is incapable of having a good fantasy day, even when he has a pretty decent real life football game. Zero ceiling here, at least he has a decent floor but the seeming lack of upside blows

🙄

🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, dashoe said:

🙄

🤣

If he doesn't drop 25+ each week he can get the hell off my team

*tips fedora*

• Haha 2

How is it a good fantasy day to drop 14 when he's regularly projected to drop 14? That's not a good fantasy day, that's an average fantasy day. Like I said, his yards on the field look legit, and he passes the eye test. I just hate how he is sometimes used on that team. 

His ceiling so far is 15, a number he's regularly projected for. Sue me for wanting a blowup week every once in a while.

Edited by atrium
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, atrium said:

Sue me for wanting a blowup week every once in a while.

26 carries, 3 targets, and multiple goalline opportunities on a decent team at a 3rd round price tag.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, atrium said:

How is it a good fantasy day to drop 14 when he's regularly projected to drop 14? That's not a good fantasy day, that's an average fantasy day. Like I said, his yards on the field look legit, and he passes the eye test. I just hate how he is sometimes used on that team. 

His ceiling so far is 15, a number he's regularly projected for. Sue me for wanting a blowup week every once in a while.

I thought today was great. Man you have high standards. We could of gotten like a 5 spot

16 minutes ago, sSektor said:

26 carries, 3 targets, and multiple goalline opportunities on a decent team at a 3rd round price tag.

That didn't translate to a blowup week in fantasy. It bodes well for his future, but some of us need those fantasy points now.

1 minute ago, atrium said:

That didn't translate to a blowup week in fantasy. It bodes well for his future, but some of us need those fantasy points now.

You having a bad season so far doesn't change the fact Kerryon is an RB1 lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, atrium said:

How is his usage bad at all?  He got multiple goalline opportunities but didnt convert.  It happens, the opportunity is there.

His now bellcow usage + his talent gives him immense upside the rest of the season.

Looks good! Can't keep stacking that box forever. Stafford is looking decent, WR's are making plays, Johnson's stock is pointing up!

21 hours ago, atrium said:

This guy is incapable of having a good fantasy day, even when he has a pretty decent real life football game. Zero ceiling here, at least he has a decent floor but the seeming lack of upside blows

Are you drunk bro?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

How is his usage bad at all?  He got multiple goalline opportunities but didnt convert.  It happens, the opportunity is there.

His now bellcow usage + his talent gives him immense upside the rest of the season.

Agree.

I was down on Kerryon the first couple weeks but he's shown he's a true 3 down RB for the Lions.  There are't many of those guys around the league.  And also not many RB's that will get 20-25 touches every week.  One of these weeks he's gonna pop in a couple TD's and people will really sit up and start taking notice.

The only real downer for me is knowing he's gonna play the tough Bears defense in Weeks 10 & 13 and the Vikes in Weeks 7 & 14.  And really not in love with that Week 14 matchup in Minny for playoffs Week 1.  

I'll probably shop Kerryon around but he's another guy that might be a little tough to move just because he doesn't have the name recognition and I see quite a bit of value in him. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

What’s that sound? Moo mooo moo..that’s the sound of a bell cow name Kerryon 

DING......DING......DING.  That's the sound of the cowbell around Kerryon's neck as he walks into practice

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sSektor said:

You having a bad season so far doesn't change the fact Kerryon is an RB1 lol

Huh? In a 0.5 PPR he’s RB19 although just 3.90 points separate him from the RB12 (Mack).

20 hours ago, sSektor said:

If he doesn't drop 25+ each week he can get the hell off my team

*tips fedora*

I've never been able to understand people who settle for mediocrity 

50 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Huh? In a 0.5 PPR he’s RB19 although just 3.90 points separate him from the RB12 (Mack).

Were trying to predict what he’s going to do from this point forward

1. He’s been receiving bellcow usage post CJA

2. Talent is there, exemplified by the eye test and draft capital 

3. The offense looks pretty solid this year

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

18 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Were trying to predict what he’s going to do from this point forward

1. He’s been receiving bellcow usage post CJA

2. Talent is there, exemplified by the eye test and draft capital 

3. The offense looks pretty solid this year

Imagine basing a players value entirely on point total in the first 4 weeks.

29 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Imagine basing a players value entirely on point total in the first 4 weeks.

Lol.

He is firmly behind the following:

Kamara, Zeke, Chubb, CMC, Cook, Fournette, DJ, Ingram, LeVeon, Gurley, D Henry, MG3, and Aaron Jones

He is likely behind the following in value if you were to try to trade 1 for 1:

Mixon & Conner

He is likely ahead of the following 1 for 1:

Carson, Jacobs, Freeman

So he’s not produced through 4 weeks as an RB1 and is outvalued by 15 other RBs.

I am as avid a Kerryon Johnson fan but he is not an RB1 yet because of one week of RB1 usage that didn’t even lead to RB1 production.

Edited by Ruut6

4 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Lol.

He is firmly behind the following:

Kamara, Zeke, Chubb, CMC, Cook, Fournette, DJ, Ingram, LeVeon, Gurley, D Henry, MG3, and Aaron Jones

He is likely behind the following in value if you were to try to trade 1 for 1:

Mixon & Conner

He is likely ahead of the following 1 for 1:

Carson, Jacobs, Freeman

So he’s not produced through 4 weeks as an RB1 and is outvalued by 15 other RBs.

I am as avid a Kerryon Johnson fan but he is not an RB1 yet because of one week of RB1 usage that didn’t even lead to RB1 production.

That’s a fair point. He’s probably best regarded as an RB2 in PPR with RB1 upside. 

6 hours ago, tts42572 said:

One of these weeks he's gonna pop in a couple TD's and people will really sit up and start taking notice.

Let's hope a few of them are on his coaching staff.

just acquired him, looking forward to next week

Edited by whadeeb
  • Like 1

If he gets a TD, he should get the rest needed to bring me home. Without it, it'll take several receptions. 

[Posts removed.  If you want to talk about what you need for your fantasy matchup, do that here.]