thebadferret

Kerryon Johnson 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, atrium said:

Rock solid RB1 ROS. 🙃

If I can get rock solid RB3 out of him this rest of the season I'll be happy.  He's my RB4. 

From Schefter: Lions’ RB Kerryon Johnson is expected to miss “some time” with a knee injury, per source. For now, Johnson will be called week to week.

Sigh.... I already can smell 3 weeks absence, just my gut feeling and then he will be back not 100% and delivering rb3 value....

He's actually gonna miss his best matchup of the season in what is the biggest must win week of my season.

I hate this guy and will never draft him again. What a bust of a pick.

Great buy low if you are looking good for the playoffs. Listen to all the disappointment in here, you can get him cheap. He's my RB3 and I'll roll with Carlos Hyde as my RB3 till he's back.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

Great buy low if you are looking good for the playoffs. Listen to all the disappointment in here, you can get him cheap. He's my RB3 and I'll roll with Carlos Hyde as my RB3 till he's back.

poor advice

People acting victorious after someone gets a multi-week injury.

Lmao

He had 100 yards or a Touchdown in each of his last three games and was already on pace for 100 yards in the last game. Odds are with the level of scoring in that game he would have got there. Please drop. Week 15 at home for Tampa will be a points explosion in the middle of the playoffs.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

People acting victorious after someone gets a multi-week injury.

Lmao

He had 100 yards or a Touchdown in each of his last three games and was already on pace for 100 yards in the last game. Odds are with the level of scoring in that game he would have got there. Please drop. Week 15 at home for Tampa will be a points explosion in the middle of the playoffs.

week 15? It’s week 8...

2 minutes ago, chargahs said:

week 15? It’s week 8...

2 weeks from now is week 10... Week 11 after that...

huh? Is he not going to be on the Lions in the playoffs? Do we not look at these schedules anymore? He is a starting RB on an offense that scores. He will be back at some point we assume from this prognosis, and week to week to me sounds like 2-4 weeks at most. It's an injury, not a reflection of his play on the season. If you took him as an RB1 you were tripping in the worst way but thats a boogie man that isn't to present. I'm guessing people got pissy because they thought they were getting some hyped up Dalvin Cook situation. Was never going to be.

• Like 1

This is what this guy does. He's a super talented RB but he will kill you with the injuries. 

He's had a knee injury in two college seasons. Then he got a knee injury last year after 150 touches. This year he got a knee injury after 101 touches. 

If he had his talent on the Rams, Chiefs, 9ers, Packers, then hell yeah he'd be worth the risk and the missed games. But he's on the Lions and sometimes they're not effective in the run game. It really makes you have to worry about what role you'd allow him to play in your team-building strategy in the future. Dude wasn't even a top 20-back and he was getting the most valuable work in his backfield. It stinks because he has the talent, but there are things that always seem to be going against him. 

As far as this year goes, let's just hope he returns healthy and is able to produce down the stretch with no setbacks. 

16 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

From Schefter: Lions’ RB Kerryon Johnson is expected to miss “some time” with a knee injury, per source. For now, Johnson will be called week to week.

Saw this pregame last night but also read the quote on ESPN that Patricia talked to Johnson and he said he was "fine." 

"Fine" doesn't seem like a multi week injury but this could just be wishful thinking.

Any DET homies have any more detail on the injury?

10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Saw this pregame last night but also read the quote on ESPN that Patricia talked to Johnson and he said he was "fine." 

"Fine" doesn't seem like a multi week injury but this could just be wishful thinking.

Any DET homies have any more detail on the injury?

I still think it's an MCL sprain which is typically a 1-2 week recovery. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

This is what this guy does. He's a super talented RB but he will kill you with the injuries. 

He's had a knee injury in two college seasons. Then he got a knee injury last year after 150 touches. This year he got a knee injury after 101 touches. 

If he had his talent on the Rams, Chiefs, 9ers, Packers, then hell yeah he'd be worth the risk and the missed games. But he's on the Lions and sometimes they're not effective in the run game. It really makes you have to worry about what role you'd allow him to play in your team-building strategy in the future. Dude wasn't even a top 20-back and he was getting the most valuable work in his backfield. It stinks because he has the talent, but there are things that always seem to be going against him. 

As far as this year goes, let's just hope he returns healthy and is able to produce down the stretch with no setbacks. 

did you avoid Fournette and Cook too?

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

did you avoid Fournette and Cook too?

1. I didn't avoid KJ, I kept him

2. Dalvin Cook's situation is much better than KJ's and he's a better, more explosive back. 

3. KJ's injury history makes Fournette and Dalvin look like Lou Gehrig. 

• Like 1

I'll say it again... This is the buy low window. and low could be dirt cheap if the owner is fed up or losing. You aren't keeping up if you think Kerryon was someone people would drop sans injury...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, elcapitan449 said:

Yahoo just updated to IR?  Whats the injury still havent heard

Knee Surgery today.