DerrickHenrysCleats

Mark Ingram 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't think he fits on Chiefs. I could see Jets or Raiders. 

Pass blocking RB who catches and runs between the tackles.

Way, way better than Damian williams

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah...who needs that-??

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He would fit best in SEA but that will never happen and the texans could definitely use his skill set but would probably under used him

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He would fit best in SEA but that will never happen and the texans could definitely use his skill set but would probably under used him

If SEA spends resources on another RB i'll bash my head into a wall. Plus, they don't really need him. Carson looked good and Penny came on late.

Anyways, I wouldn't be shocked if he stays in NO. They like the combo they have. However, the more likely option is that he will want too much money and NO won't see it as worth it for a second RB. The best spot to land would likely be the Texans. The line is bad but the offense is still solid with Watson. Bucs would be great as well but they don't really have money and Barber isn't as terrible as some people seem to believe. i don't trust any player from Miami. They need a new QB and i'm not a fan of players on terrible offenses. 

It all depends on his ADP and where he lands in terms of his worth. However, I highly doubt I will own him. I already feel like he is going to be a bust. He is going to be almost 30 and that is never good for a back. 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I know people will disagree and or flat out laugh at this, but Williams has looked better with KC than Ingram has with the Saints this year. And the offenses are both explosive so that could be considered a virtual wash. Ingram plays much smaller than his size, yet isn't nimble nor fast. Williams runs with more power, is faster and more agile, and is at least as good of a pass catcher. Williams would outproduce Ingram in KC's offense.

• Haha 1

Stats calculated over a full season:

Williams - 1280 total yards, 5.1 YPC, 67 catches, 19 TDs.

Ingram - 1087 total yards, 4.7 YPC, 28 catches, 9 TDs.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I know people will disagree and or flat out laugh at this, but Williams has looked better with KC than Ingram has with the Saints this year. And the offenses are both explosive so that could be considered a virtual wash. Ingram plays much smaller than his size, yet isn't nimble nor fast. Williams runs with more power, is faster and more agile, and is at least as good of a pass catcher. Williams would outproduce Ingram in KC's offense.

It would be a mistake for the Chiefs to be satisfied with a Williams-Ware combo in 2019.

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

It would be a mistake for the Chiefs to be satisfied with a Williams-Ware combo in 2019.

Agreed. I think they'll use a mid-round pick on a RB. My point was simply that I wouldn't throw big money at Ingram if I were them.

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Agreed. I think they'll use a mid-round pick on a RB. My point was simply that I wouldn't throw big money at Ingram if I were them.

It will not take big $...they should do both.

Could he go to TB? B.A loves a workhorse that can catch. I don't see Barber or Jones being that in TB.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dylanj said:

Could he go to TB? B.A loves a workhorse that can catch. I don't see Barber or Jones being that in TB.

That would be a good landing spot for him. I don't think he's quite as good as his stats suggest, and he looks like hot garbage compared to Kamara, but needless to say that really isn't a fair comparison.

• Like 1

I would have extended him two years to keep Kamara fresh and have solid back up in the event Kamara gets hurt. Then let him walk when you have to resign Kamara to real money. Draft someone this year that can be a back up for Kamara 3 seasons from now. 

The fact they didn't extend Ingram when he had no leverage makes me think New Orleans isn't interested in keeping him. Remember he was asking for an extension this past summer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dylanj said:

Cap space problems...they'll draft a couple rookies.

(though a quick cut of JPP & DJax would free up 24m.)

Edited by psygolf

14 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Cap space problems...they'll draft a couple rookies.

(though a quick cut of JPP & DJax would free up 24m.)

Ahh, gotcha. I think the Raiders are my next best guess.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:40 AM, oliminator123 said:

Don't think he fits on Chiefs. I could see Jets or Raiders. 

Too young for the Jets now.

I have a feeling he resigns in NO 

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Too young for the Jets now.

I have a feeling he resigns in NO 

Realistically he commands north of 6, probably at least 8, good market 10. You think he will try for less than 10 with the agents the way they are? So who has 10? New Orleans doesn't if they want Thomas resigned and want to remain contender. My guess is he chooses a decent team at about 8, where he can contend. Hello Houston Texans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Hello Houston Texans. 

The Texans are also mentioned as a landing spot for Bell. Given that they have the cap space (but also need some other upgrades), I think they need to think about both of them, and then of course there is Kareem Hunt.

All I'm saying: yes, that could happen, but the Texans are a fairly popular landing spot.

Realistically he commands north of 6, probably at least 8, good market 10. You think he will try for less than 10 with the agents the way they are? So who has 10? New Orleans doesn't if they want Thomas resigned and want to remain contender. My guess is he chooses a decent team at about 8, where he can contend. Hello Houston Texans. 

29 year old RB who just came off a 6 game season?

And to try for 10 million a year? Theres only 3 averaging more than 10 mill a year now. 

He might get a top heavy contract where he gets 6 or 8 mill for a year or 2

Just now, bhawks489 said:

29 year old RB who just came off a 6 game season?

And to try for 10 million a year? Theres only 3 averaging more than 10 mill a year now. 

He might get a top heavy contract where he gets 6 or 8 mill for a year or 2

He's been timeshare his whole career. Effectively he's 26.5 years old. 

He's been timeshare his whole career. Effectively he's 26.5 years old. 

He's 29 according to wikipedia