DerrickHenrysCleats

Mark Ingram 2019 Outlook

Picked 8/12 in a 12 team snake draft, took him in the 4th as my RB2 to pair with Fournette. 7th is stupid late, 5th is a steal.

Ingram has become a ridiculous value at ADP. The only downside is Ingram getting hurt (inherent risk with any football player) or the Ravens opting to deploy a messy RBBC. 

Ingram's been around for 8 seasons and will be 30 at the end of this regular season, but he hasn't been overworked and is coming off an especially light workload (138 carries) in 2018 due to a 4 game suspension and the emergence of Kamara. 

In the three seasons Ingram has received 200+ carries, here were his statlines:

2014: 226 carries, 964 rushing yards (4.3 YPC), 9 TDs. 29 receptions, 145 receiving yards.

2016: 205 carries, 1,043 rushing yards (5.1 YPC), 6 TDs. 46 receptions, 319 receiving yards, 4 TDs.

2017: 230 carries, 1,124 rushing yards (4.9 YPC), 12 TDs. 58 receptions, 416 receiving yards. 

Average: 220 carries, 1,044 rushing yards, 9 TDs. 44 receptions, 293 receiving yards, 1 TD. 

I don't know if we can expect a lot of checkdowns from Lamar Jackson, but i think 200 carries is the floor for Ingram if he remains healthy, and considering the running lanes Jackson is likely to open up that should be enough to put him in range of 1,000 rushing yards as a floor as well. Remember that 200 carries comes out to 12.5 carries per week.. so even if you expect a RBBC, 200 carries is not a stretch. This team is almost sure to lead the league in rushing attempts.

When you consider the upside, which is that the Ravens make Ingram a true bellcow and give him close to 20 carries every week, you'd be looking at a likely RB1 on volume alone. 

Edited by mjb03003
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Not loving all this committee and hot hand approach talk 

I wouldn’t buy into that too much. Baltimore will be a run heavy offense and like mentioned above should be amongst the highest in the league in rushing attempts. Even if those guys mix in a little bit, Ingram should still be a lock for 15-18 touches weekly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

I wouldn’t buy into that too much. Baltimore will be a run heavy offense and like mentioned above should be amongst the highest in the league in rushing attempts. Even if those guys mix in a little bit, Ingram should still be a lock for 15-18 touches weekly.

Exactly and if you X that 15-18 touches weekly your got a nice rb2 possible low end rb1 best case , worst case low end rb2, I’m expecting the middle rb2 but the Lamar lead option is going to open it up for Ingram big time and he loves running between the tackles on the right side with the ravens for that beastly RG Yanda 😍😍😍

• Like 2

people got him in the 5th and 7th rounds? He was gone by the 3rd in both drafts i took part in. Definitely a STEAL for 5th and beyond regardless of how you think the RBBC talk will play out

100 yards a week, 3 catches for 30, and a half td... for half ppr... 17.5 points. End of 4th I took it and will. All day long. My third RB and loving it. 

Targeted him in every draft and missed him in every one due to draft positioning (he went 2nd round in my 14 team keeper league) or pay at least $42 for him in my auction league.  So I did the next best thing and managed to get Justice Hill in both for pennies.   Hoping to a great season though!

Edited by jonasdash

On 8/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, Brye said:

Where everyone taking this cat? I got him in the early 5th I picked him over David mont and Carson, might regret taking him over Carson maybe not 

Carson went rd 3 in my draft.. Would have taken him over Ingram (The heaviest run unit in the NFL, plus Penny is no threat)...

You can count your victory having taken this cat over DMont.

I took Ingram at #49, so middling to late 4th, as my RB2

Edited by Szer0

11 hours ago, Guwop said:

people got him in the 5th and 7th rounds? He was gone by the 3rd in both drafts i took part in. Definitely a STEAL for 5th and beyond regardless of how you think the RBBC talk will play out

He was going pick 46 ADP in NFC over the past 6 days which was 196 drafts. If you drafted early he was going higher but he gad literally no buzz about him while other RBs like D.Mont/Carson/Sony gained alot of buzz. 

I like him took him in one league hes kind of a boring pick. I think he should be a solid rb2 for us. 

23 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Who’s the better cuff/2nd committee member between Justice and Gus? 

Gus. Gus has standalone value. Hill is a change of pace, big hitter weapon in the offense. Gus is an actual mainstay in the offense. He was already a multi-week bellcow with great success there.

Great matchup this week, but the extreme heat probably means he's going to get a spelled a lot, which caps his ceiling, I think.

7 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

He was going pick 46 ADP in NFC over the past 6 days which was 196 drafts. If you drafted early he was going higher but he gad literally no buzz about him while other RBs like D.Mont/Carson/Sony gained alot of buzz. 

I like him took him in one league hes kind of a boring pick. I think he should be a solid rb2 for us. 

I got him at 48. I think that's about right. He was the last guy I felt pretty comfortable with as my RB2. As great as these matchups are to start the year we should know pretty quick how it's going to go.

28 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I got him at 48. I think that's about right. He was the last guy I felt pretty comfortable with as my RB2. As great as these matchups are to start the year we should know pretty quick how it's going to go.

I took him at 41 and was catching s--- from league mates for taking him over David Montgomery.. They aren't chirping today that's for sure.

8 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

I took him at 41 and was catching s--- from league mates for taking him over David Montgomery.. They aren't chirping today that's for sure.

Wow you guys got him late. I had to use the 33 overall pick. 9th pick in the 3rd round. My 12 team full ppr league still goes hard after rbs and he's a guy I wanted. Went 2 picks after Carson. Guys after him are james white, Monty, Lindsay, Henry, Duke, mack and D Williams (who I also took).. So I may have left a wr or 2 on the board at this spot but Ingram is a guy I wanted on my roster this year and I know wrs are easier to find thru the season.. Imo you guys got a good deal (unless ur in 10 teamer then it makes more sense). I'm still a believer that with 200 touches hes gona beast. Gus never seemed like a TD hound so I personally believe Ingram gets alot of goal-to-go work too. 

Edited by Mrmann1

Mark is a fuggin beast. He's got less mileage then he should because of his committed in NO and his suspension last year. He came back and played very well. 

138 carries for 645 yards. 6td

27 targets 21 receptions 170 yards and 1 td. 

He's a well rounded, do it all typa rb. He's powerful and shifty. He can catch, he can block. He's knows how to win from being with the saints and played in high level situations.. He's gona be a huge positive addition for this team. The only thing I even think about worrying about is coming from Brees and MT to lamar and whoever is out there.. Almost impossible to focus on the RB in NO when u have Brees and the receiving weapons he had. People say Lamar helps open lanes up too. I sure hope so. We shall see.. 

The projections are really down on Ingram in the receiving game. I know it's because Lamar's passing attempts are going to way down in comparison to Brees, but hope he's able to carve out a role in the passing game.

Another thing I've thought about is that he could be a nice sell high candidate if he gets off to a great start. He very well could with some weaker defenses to begin the year.

Edited by Benjamin1984

4 hours ago, philnutz said:

Has Ingram ever played in an option offense? He seems more like a straight ahead bruiser.

That is my concern as well.  I don’t know if the differences between the two types of offenses (NO vs Balt) will cause some timing issues with the way Ingram is used to running.  Can the “old” dog be taught new tricks?

Ravens have one of the best OC run game coordinators in Roman.  He runs multiple blocking schemes and formations to confuse defenses.  He does a lot of pulling guards/tackles to open big running lanes.  Those lanes are well defined and don't require a lot of reading where the hole will be.  I would expect Ingram to do very well in this system.  Ingram has always been a good runner but for some reason Payton never really used him a lot.  He's got his shot this year as the lead guy.  I think he's wanted this for a while.  RB2 floor with RB1 upside depending how much work he gets.  

On 9/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, Neauxls said:

(I can't get the quote box 👆👆) to go away... Anyway. Any new thoughts or ideas with Mark and the team? Team looked great although vs dolphins D. He should have had more carries but maybe they were saving him a bit in the blowout I'd guess. Will the snap share/touch count be this close moving forward? He's got alot of value even if he was just the goal line guy but at that point I'd be looking to move him. What chyall think moving forward? 

I loved seeing him get the short TD's and the usage early.  I think he's going to be a very solid RB2/FLEX play all year and at the draft position most of us got him (5th round for me in two leagues), I'm extremely happy about that.