DerrickHenrysCleats

Mark Ingram 2019 Outlook

Feel like he'll finish around 100 and a TD.

Would not at all be surprised if Lamar has about 75 and a TD as well. 

Edited by jonasdash

A bit nervous about him but don’t have other options. On the plus side, he should get some run as Pats focus on preventing big/long plays. 

1 hour ago, The Answer said:

How are you feeling about starting Ingram this week??

I feel like punching harbug in the face and when he comes to, stomping on his head and then telling the OC, you are next if you keep taking Ingram out on 2nd down after he gains 5-6 yards.

1 hour ago, The Answer said:

How are you feeling about starting Ingram this week??

Should be a big game for him. Ravens are one of the few teams that know you can’t out-scheme the patriots. Just gotta hit them in the mouth. 120 yards and a touchdown. 

I just traded for Ingram, does edwards normally get more red zone series? Anyways good game against the number 1 defense, but could have had a monster day. 

Not sure how I feel about Ingram. If Baltimore would commit to him more he’d a RB1, but they rotate their backs so much he is kind of a TD dependent RB2. He rarely plays an entire drive, and rarely stays on the field for more than three consecutive snaps. My guess is he gets about 50% of the snaps, not to mention he is technically the second RB behind Jackson. He might be a nice sell high if he can have a nice game against Cincinnati. I just don’t like RBs who play so little and aren’t a guarantee for getting the carries near the goal line. Ingram seemed to be dominating the backfield more early in the season, now this is looking like more of a committee than I wanted. I understand he had a nice game, but I just don’t want to deal with the weekly concerns of him splitting work.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

9 carries in a VERY favorable game script.  Screw Lamar Jackson.

the 2 defensive TDs really screwed Ingram 

Like I said in my post a few above, he is the top RB on the best running team but he has so many pieces stacked against him. For one, Jackson gets most of the rushing yards and he is a committee. On top of that they have now played in at least a few games where they were up so much he got pulled early.

Ingram should pay off in the playoffs. Ravens chasing home field advantage and games at end of season will require more Ingram.

Limited usage thus far is to keep Ingram fresh for the stretch run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ingram should pay off in the playoffs. Ravens chasing home field advantage and games at end of season will require more Ingram.

Limited usage thus far is to keep Ingram fresh for the stretch run.

Guess they don't need to keep their QB healthy for the playoffs.  Get him as many hits as possible.

Ingram kind of feels like the high floor but low ceiling type of guy. You can pretty much pencial him in for around 50-75 yards from scrimmage and then it comes down to a TD or not. I'm comfortable rolling him out there most weeks at my flex, but he doesn't have the upside because of the committee he is in. I'm not sure we will ever see a game where he gets 20+ touches. If he did, he would easily be a RB1. You can't bench the guy, but you have to think they could get so much more out of him.

8 pernts in the first qtr 👍

ONE pernt thru the final three 🤔

i'm starting to see that "favorable" game scripts actually work to his detriment, in a way ... when a real palooka is across the sidelines, well, we see ish like yesterday ... defense scores, cue in the rack rather early, ceding snaps, etc 

his best game, yardage wise, was vs the Pats - and his best game, magick foosball wise, was @ K.C. - two teams where the RatBoids had to keep pedal to metal. 

but vs these tomato cans? meh ... gotta get it early and often, lest the D and Lamar just frolic away wif all the goodies. 

two games vs dër Büngles this year has yielded 24 points combined - not horrible, but the table shoulda been set for much more, amirite?

his two blowup games (Miami/KC) are keeping him afloat as per low rb1, high rb2 rankings, but ... hard to RONCO (set and forget) this cat with extreme confidence. 

meh. 

🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

8 pernts in the first qtr 👍

ONE pernt thru the final three 🤔

i'm starting to see that "favorable" game scripts actually work to his detriment, in a way ... when a real palooka is across the sidelines, well, we see ish like yesterday ... defense scores, cue in the rack rather early, ceding snaps, etc 

his best game, yardage wise, was vs the Pats - and his best game, magick foosball wise, was @ K.C. - two teams where the RatBoids had to keep pedal to metal. 

but vs these tomato cans? meh ... gotta get it early and often, lest the D and Lamar just frolic away wif all the goodies. 

two games vs dër Büngles this year has yielded 24 points combined - not horrible, but the table shoulda been set for much more, amirite?

his two blowup games (Miami/KC) are keeping him afloat as per low rb1, high rb2 rankings, but ... hard to RONCO (set and forget) this cat with extreme confidence. 

meh. 

🤷‍♂️

Texans, Rams, 49'ers next 3 opponents.

Ingram gets rested in the easy wins

If the game is close I think Ingram gets more usage. I'll be starting the next 3 weeks for sure.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, LionKid90 said:

Ingram kind of feels like the high floor but low ceiling type of guy. You can pretty much pencial him in for around 50-75 yards from scrimmage and then it comes down to a TD or not. I'm comfortable rolling him out there most weeks at my flex, but he doesn't have the upside because of the committee he is in. I'm not sure we will ever see a game where he gets 20+ touches. If he did, he would easily be a RB1. You can't bench the guy, but you have to think they could get so much more out of him.

So weird. I keep seeing this "Ingram is a flex" take. He is RB11 in my 12 team PPR league (1 point per reception, 10pt bonus 100 yards rushing/receiving) for a grand total of.. 14 receptions on the year. That makes him an RB1 with about half the receptions of most everyone ahead of him and many behind him.

Admittedly I drafted WR/TE/WR to start. So happy to have grabbed his production where I got it. But there simply aren't enough RBs producing better than him to call him a flex in whatever format.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, LionKid90 said:

For what it's worth, this perfectly describes Marlon Mack (minus the 20 touch comment) and at this point in the season, I would much rather take Ingram over Mack.

Edited by WaiverLooter

8 hours ago, tschwicht said:

So weird. I keep seeing this "Ingram is a flex" take. He is RB11 in my 12 team PPR league (1 point per reception, 10pt bonus 100 yards rushing/receiving) for a grand total of.. 14 receptions on the year. That makes him an RB1 with about half the receptions of most everyone ahead of him and many behind him.

Admittedly I drafted WR/TE/WR to start. So happy to have grabbed his production where I got it. But there simply aren't enough RBs producing better than him to call him a flex in whatever format.

I hate to be the guy that says, “if you take away his best game...” But if you take away his game against KC and Miami, he has scored between 7 and 14 points in standard. He is very consistent. He isn’t getting you big games, but he isn’t hurting you either. Just look at his game log, his points in standard since week 4 is, 8, 10, 13, 5, 12, 9. He likely isn’t losing you games, but he probably isn’t winning you games. I’m not complaining about him because he’s been real solid, I just feel like we could be getting so much more from him.

39 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I hate to be the guy that says, “if you take away his best game...” But if you take away his game against KC and Miami, he has scored between 7 and 14 points in standard. He is very consistent. He isn’t getting you big games, but he isn’t hurting you either. Just look at his game log, his points in standard since week 4 is, 8, 10, 13, 5, 12, 9. He likely isn’t losing you games, but he probably isn’t winning you games. I’m not complaining about him because he’s been real solid, I just feel like we could be getting so much more from him.

Edited by Randy Gradishar

On 11/11/2019 at 2:12 AM, babyfaceassasin said:

He has the Ingram role from last year as Lamar is Kamara w/out the receptions

fixed 👍

On 11/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, Bastardo! said:

Guess they don't need to keep their QB healthy for the playoffs.  Get him as many hits as possible.

this is the one that one would think flips eventually, no?  problem is, the kid is playing out his cotdamn mind - how do they "rein him in" for the stretch run/playoffs without compromiding his edge? also of note, he did bulk up for this season, all the better to help absorb the constant pounding - now he's looking more Cam than RGIII or Vick, know what i'm sayin'?  so, yeah, i agree that they would look to scale back his exposure to the many hits, but ya just know HarBags isn't one to coach scared/cautious, and Lamar sure as frick doesn't strike me as one to alter what he does best.  this has been the most remarkable season - ya just can't tweak that attack to skew any other way, regardless of how it will help keep the centerpiece fresh and healthy.  it's balls to the walls, forthwith. 

On 11/11/2019 at 6:32 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Texans, Rams, 49'ers next 3 opponents.

Ingram gets rested in the easy wins

If the game is close I think Ingram gets more usage. I'll be starting the next 3 weeks for sure.

can certainly see an uptick in Ingram usage for this upcoming stretch, yes.  two very tough run defenses (Houston/SF), and who knows which effin' Rams team shows up ... but i gots a feeling Philips is gonna have some surprises for the RatBoids. floor of 15 touches in each for Ingram, imo 👍

8 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

For what it's worth, this perfectly describes Marlon Mack (minus the 20 touch comment) and at this point in the season, I would much rather take Ingram over Mack.

🤔

ok, when put in this context, it works ... and i totally agree about Ingram >> Mack - i love hitching a ride on the Lamar led train, but, man ... we need to move from steerage up to the dining car 🚈 we hangry up in here - let's eat!

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

118 total yards and 2 TDs on the road against the rams.

Top 10 RB so far...

Lamar is playing out his cotdamn mind, they are legit unstoppable - awesome to be along for a big piece of this unprecedented ride

Image result for counting money gif

• Like 2

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—

It's Mark Ingram running wild, Quoteth the Raven, Nevermore.
  • Thanks 1