DerrickHenrysCleats

Mark Ingram 2019 Outlook

On 3/16/2019 at 2:17 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Wanna see what Mark Ingram will look like in a Ravens uniform?

Ingram is a bit bigger than rice though. 

30 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah, he is a little bit stiffer in the hips than Ray rice was too. Not identical twins but their running styles are similar, smaller, compact guys who run violently and shed tacklers with a low center of gravity. 

Ingram is gonna look good in the purple and black. I hope he gets #22

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

And about 5 years older than the last time Rice was good.

52 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

And about 5 years older than the last time Rice was good.

With a lot of tread left on his tires due to Sean Peyton's sporadic use of him.

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

True, but sporadic usage doesn’t slow down the aging process of the body as a whole. His tires might have some decent tread left, but the hour meter on his engine, transmission, and suspension, reflect that of a 29 year old RB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

True, but sporadic usage doesn’t slow down the aging process of the body as a whole. His tires might have some decent tread left, but the hour meter on his engine, transmission, and suspension, reflect that of a 29 year old RB. 

Sooooooooooooooo, your saying he is good to go as a high end RB2 for 2019?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sooooooooooooooo, your saying he is good to go as a high end RB2 for 2019?

I’m saying he’s a 29 year old RB regardless of how much tread is on his tires. Just like a 29 year old truck is 29 years old regardless of the tread on its tires.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

8 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’m saying he’s a 29 year old RB regardless of how much tread is on his tires. Just like a 29 year old truck is 29 years old regardless of the tread on its tires.

That's cool, thanks for pointing that out.

I think that will have 0 impact on his 2019 status or even his 2020 status.

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yes, but not 5 years worth.

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Yes, but not 5 years worth.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Ingram signed a 3 year deal. I believe he can play those 3 years at a high level and return consistent high end  RB2 type numbers for those 3 years, after that contract is up then I'd re-evaluate.

• Like 1

Surprised there is a fair amount of Ingram hate.  He is a complete back that has been under-utilized.  Sure, he is one year removed from "peak" RB years (23-28), but I would argue his inconsistent usage still puts him at the end of his prime.  The main question for me is the competency of the QB to keep defenses a bit honest.  Will Lamar check down to Ingram when in trouble or will he look to run?  The answer to that question might have the biggest impact on Ingram's fantasy value.

• Like 5

Could end up being another Michael Turner. 2-3 years of elite production and then falls off a cliff production-wise.

16 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I think the mileage also has an impact too....

a 29 year old truck with 50k miles is in better shape than a 29 year old truck with 100k miles

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I think the mileage also has an impact too....

a 29 year old truck with 50k miles is in better shape than a 29 year old truck with 100k miles

Not necessarily. A vehicle used regularly is typically more reliable than one that just sits around and rots. 

Just now, lolcopter said:

Not necessarily. A vehicle used regularly is typically more reliable than one that just sits around and rots. 

Well, yeah if you leave it in your backyard rotting of course.

we are talking about a truck that gets driven 3 days a week instead of 5

• Like 1

Greg Roman as offensive coordinator:

2011 San Francisco: 498 Rushing Attempts (3rd); 2,044 Rushing yards (8th)

2012 San Francisco: 492 Rushing Attempts (7th); 2,491 Rushing Yards (4th)

2013 San Francisco: 505 Rushing Attempts (3rd); 2,201 Rushing Yards (3rd)

2014 San Francisco: 470 Rushing Attempts (9th); 2,176 Rushing Yards (4th)

2015 Buffalo Bills: 509 Rushing Attempts (2nd); 2,432 Yards (1st)

2016 Buffalo Bills: 492 Rushing Attempts (2nd); 2,630 Rushing Yards (1st)

He has designed run heavy offenses throughout his career, with mobile/dual threat type QBs such as Kaep and Tyrod.  I see no reason to expect anything less than the Ravens to be top 5-10 in rushing attempts and top 5-10 in rushing yards, with a ceiling for the best running attack in the league.  Ingram has never been the "horse" in New Orleans either, so we're not talking about a 30 year old RB with significant tread on the tires.  

Additionally, during Roman's OC years, the lead RB (Gore, McCoy) saw between 30-50 targets so I think we can expect some passing game work for Ingram as well.  Especially if Jackson doesn't improve as a passer, I imagine the OC will design some easier type of completions to the RB.

I will be thrilled if I can get Ingram as my RB2 in the coming draft.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

He has designed run heavy offenses throughout his career, with mobile/dual threat type QBs such as Kaep and Tyrod.  I see no reason to expect anything less than the Ravens to be top 5-10 in rushing attempts and top 5-10 in rushing yards, with a ceiling for the best running attack in the league.  Ingram has never been the "horse" in New Orleans either, so we're not talking about a 30 year old RB with significant tread on the tires.  

Additionally, during Roman's OC years, the lead RB (Gore, McCoy) saw between 30-50 targets so I think we can expect some passing game work for Ingram as well.  Especially if Jackson doesn't improve as a passer, I imagine the OC will design some easier type of completions to the RB.

I will be thrilled if I can get Ingram as my RB2 in the coming draft.

this why I'm all in on Lamar 100yds on the ground 25passes a game  with a TD pass or 2. 

18 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Supplementing this: (PPR Finishes)

2011- Frank Gore is RB17 overall, 299 touches

2012- Gore RB10, 286 touches

2013- Gore RB18. 292 touches

2014- Gore RB21, 266 touches

2015- McCoy RB19 overall (missed 4 games, RB12 in PPG), 255 touches

2016- McCoy RB4 (Roman was fired early in the season though), 284 touches

They committed heavily to one back, every season.  Gore could've been used more in the passing game, but they didnt really have a goal line back in either offense.   McCoy did lose some TD's, but Karlos Williams and Gillislee weren't goal line backs, they just had some better luck.     

Ingram looks to be a very safe floor RB2.  250 touches at least, decent offensive line.   As long as Jackson can somewhat threaten the pass, they'll be fine.   

19 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Well, yeah if you leave it in your backyard rotting of course.

we are talking about a truck that gets driven 3 days a week instead of 5

What types of roads are they driven on? Is one in Arizona vs. Snow climate with salt and moisture? How often is the oil changed in each truck?

Lol, just kidding. :D

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, WEIL3R said:

Surprised there is a fair amount of Ingram hate.  He is a complete back that has been under-utilized.  Sure, he is one year removed from "peak" RB years (23-28), but I would argue his inconsistent usage still puts him at the end of his prime.  The main question for me is the competency of the QB to keep defenses a bit honest.  Will Lamar check down to Ingram when in trouble or will he look to run?  The answer to that question might have the biggest impact on Ingram's fantasy value.

You shouldn't be. Ingram has never stayed healthy when given bellcow usage. He proved that year after year in NO until they realized he's best used in a platoon. Of course it helped having a top-8 all time QB and the leagues best OL, but he's a complete RB "when healthy". 

His reception upside is capped in BAL by their scheme (Roman has never thrown to RBs), so he's going to be a TD dependent RB2 with a low end RB1 floor -- IF he actually can hold up with a bellcow workload, something he's never been able to do in the NFL.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

You shouldn't be. Ingram has never stayed healthy when given bellcow usage. He proved that year after year in NO until they realized he's best used in a platoon. Of course it helped having a top-8 all time QB and the leagues best OL, but he's a complete RB "when healthy". 

His reception upside is capped in BAL by their scheme (Roman has never thrown to RBs), so he's going to be a TD dependent RB2 with a low end RB1 floor -- IF he actually can hold up with a bellcow workload, something he's never been able to do in the NFL.

This is just wrong.

Ingram has never been given an opportunity to start by sean Peyton. He had 1 shoulder injury in November 2015 that cost him some games but other than that has been mostly healthy, no lower body injuries.

Ingram easily could have handled a larger workload in NO but that's not how Sean Peyton runs his offense not cause Ingram is injury prone.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This is just wrong.

Ingram has never been given an opportunity to start by sean Peyton. He had 1 shoulder injury in November 2015 that cost him some games but other than that has been mostly healthy, no lower body injuries.

Ingram easily could have handled a larger workload in NO but that's not how Sean Peyton runs his offense not cause Ingram is injury prone.

Ingram was in the league long before 2015 and was regularly missing time annually before then. You should rely on facts instead of your Alabama bias. He's missed AT LEAST 3 games in 5 of his 8 seasons. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Ingram was in the league long before 2015 and was regularly missing time annually before then. You should rely on facts instead of your Alabama bias. He's missed AT LEAST 3 games in 5 of his 8 seasons. 

Lol, every RB gets dinged occassionly doesn't make them injury prone. 

Ingram has 4 season of playing every game for which he was eligible. He has 4 seasons of missing some games but he has never played less than 10 games in a season.

Ingram has played in 106 of 124 total eligible games in his career and hasn't missed a game due to injury in over 3 of the most recent seasons.

Shirley you can't be serious?