urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

Well wasn’t a complete dud but still been really disappointing. Really good matchup next week against Oakland, but starting to think I’d rather go with D Jax over him 

4 hours ago, dorwell said:

Received a fumble on the lateral at the end.

That BS and the negative .1 for a QB kneel down drive me nuts.

3 hours ago, bigblue592 said:

Well wasn’t a complete dud but still been really disappointing. Really good matchup next week against Oakland, but starting to think I’d rather go with D Jax over him 

This one didnt age well

• Haha 1

7 targets, not including 2 passes called back for OPI (1 of which was a TD). Also Kirk missed him by about a yard on what could’ve been another TD.

13 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

He had a TD taken back on a penalty.  Coulda been a 2 TD game 

A 95 yard TD pass, saw it on my phone and was thrilled only to check back later and see it erased.    

• Like 1

Just now, chief79 said:

A 95 yard TD pass, saw it on my phone and was thrilled only to check back later and see it erased.    

no it was like a 2 yarder actually. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

no it was like a 2 yarder actually. 

Oh, on the ESPN gamecast it popped up as a 95 yarder.  Oh well, either one would of probably helped me from losing this week.  

Just now, chief79 said:

Oh, on the ESPN gamecast it popped up as a 95 yarder.  Oh well, either one would of probably helped me from losing this week.  

yea it was a dumb offensive pass interference challenge that wasn't originally called but Green Bay challenged and actually won. It wasn't even OPI on Diggs, think the penalty was on Cook. These challenged interference calls are terrible. 

• Thanks 1

I'm buying wherever I can. Sending trade offers out for the keeper leagues where I don't already own this guy. Yes MIN offense will be based around the run but Diggs is too good to not get his. He will get his TDs this year.

1 minute ago, Big Nate said:

I'm buying wherever I can. Sending trade offers out for the keeper leagues where I don't already own this guy. Yes MIN offense will be based around the run but Diggs is too good to not get his. He will get his TDs this year.

I want this kind of optimism... where do I buy it?

• Haha 1

Diggs is prime Djax this year IMO (obv not same player but boom bust type)

at any moment he can win you a week (see that 95 yard TD called back)

and some weeks he will lay a solid 4 points, but as a WR2 if drafted as such, not a bad spot to be in at all

[...]

The fantasy gods can be cruel. Sometimes you lose a much-needed TD on a nonsense OPI review. What should have been a top-10, 2-TD game turned into a barely-acceptable fantasy performance. His stock is about as low as it's going to get. I don't think Cook can stay healthy and Diggs isn't going to have TDs taken off the board and throw stupid laterals in every game. You can probably get him for pennies on the dollar right now.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

8 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Diggs is prime Djax this year IMO (obv not same player but boom bust type)

at any moment he can win you a week (see that 2 yard TD called back)

and some weeks he will lay a solid 4 points, but as a WR2 if drafted as such, not a bad spot to be in at all

FTFY

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I want this kind of optimism... where do I buy it?

Here's the reality, we are only in week 2. He has 17 TDs total the past 2 years. As the season goes on I think Diggs will be fine.  He had another play where he got behind his defender but the QB put a little too much on it and sailed it high.  A little better pass and that's a TD.

I'm buying as I believe in Diggs talent. His an amazing route runner and easily get separation against his defender.

33 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

yea it was a dumb offensive pass interference challenge that wasn't originally called but Green Bay challenged and actually won. It wasn't even OPI on Diggs, think the penalty was on Cook. These challenged interference calls are terrible. 

Don't get me started on the rule. It is absolutely horrendous. I can't even enjoy clear cut TDs anymore because of some BS ticky tack challenge incoming. There has been absolutely no consistency in the calls and any challenge is a 50/50 no matter how obvious it may seem to the observer. Just wait until late in the game on a hail mary a team gets called for defense PI because "technically" it is PI but teams have been pushing on hail marys since the existence of football. 

There's 1-2 games a year where there is a clear cut PI robbing a team. Now those 1-2 games are going to ruin the other 250.

I think it's too early to bail on him.  That last game was bizarre with the OPI and the fumble.  He still got 7 targets and they were playing a really tough D.

Minnesota has established a dominant run game, and this should open up the pass.  Defenses will start selling out to stop Cook.  Should be better stats coming.  Even if the volume isn't great, the quality of targets will be better because they have to bring their safeties in to stop the run.

Diggs had one TD that counted, one TD that got called back, and one TD that should have been but for a Kirk Cousins overthrow.

And people are thinking about giving up on this guy?

• Like 1