urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Unless I'm mistaken, all we know is that he wasn't at the open part of practice and a Vikings official said he didn't know why.

Not sure who the Vikings official was, but it really could be anything.  The good thing is that they didn't say it was because an injury.  It could be, but that isn't confirmed yet.  Who knows....maybe it was a personal issue and they let him off practice for the day.  Wednesday would be the day for something like that to happen.

I do think if it was because of injury, the Vikings would say that.  Someone would see him in the trainer's room or something.  It sounds like he wasn't even there at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, any trade would be best case scenario for his outlook ros. Hard to see that many situations worse than this one rn

 

Edited by zshenko
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zshenko said:

Honestly, any trade would be best case scenario for his outlook ros. Hard to see any situations worse than this one rn

 

 

It's just odd coming after a 7-108 game. There is no guarantee he gets dealt to a better situation. Kirk Cousins isn't playing well but there there are plenty of worse situations. Teams with a worse record, running QBs, garbage QBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wideopen21 said:

 

It's just odd coming after a 7-108 game. There is no guarantee he gets dealt to a better situation. Kirk Cousins isn't playing well but there there are plenty of worse situations. Teams with a worse record, running QBs, garbage QBs. 

Teams with a worse record, provided they play worse defense and have a worse running game, would almost be invariably better because of volume.

I really don't think catching balls from Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson would be that bad.

It's hard to be more garbage than publicly called out by your receiver after one game and throwing 10 passes in another.

From a fantasy prospective, the Vikings receivers may not be the worst, but they are absolutely the most wasted talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

It's just odd coming after a 7-108 game. There is no guarantee he gets dealt to a better situation. Kirk Cousins isn't playing well but there there are plenty of worse situations. Teams with a worse record, running QBs, garbage QBs. 

Jags and Jets come to mind. Rather him stay in Minny.. Seattle would be interesting spot. They were in on the AB before he signed with Pats

Edited by OrangeCrush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

It's just odd coming after a 7-108 game. There is no guarantee he gets dealt to a better situation. Kirk Cousins isn't playing well but there there are plenty of worse situations. Teams with a worse record, running QBs, garbage QBs. 

Sell high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, herschel said:

Sell high.

I'm buying low.  I got him in one league and looking to acquire him in 2 more. I think it should be doable.  If Diggs gets traded its only up from here.  Go to a team where the QB passes more than 12 times a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Nate said:

I'm buying low.  I got him in one league and looking to acquire him in 2 more. I think it should be doable.  If Diggs gets traded its only up from here.  Go to a team where the QB passes more than 12 times a game.

I think the poster is suggesting the real life team may be "selling high" if there is indeed a trade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This situation with him not being at practice for non-injury reasons is very very interesting. Could be nothing at all, could be they suspended him for following Brady on twitter (El Oh El), could be a personal reason not even related to football or could mean he went into the GM's office and said:

 

Image result for trade me right now slapshot gif"

 

"Trade me right ______ now"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, herschel said:

if by chance he does get traded, he probably wouldnt play this week, correct?

You got me man.  I never could have fathomed a guy could get signed by NE on a Tuesday and him pick up their playbook enough to play a bunch of snaps and catch a TD on Sunday, but here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A trade here would make zero sense.  I agree that stranger things have happened, but I mean really....they are contenders and their pass offense is deficient...and they're going to trade away Diggs?  And to the Pats, who they would likely have to beat if they somehow make it to the Superbowl?  The Vikings fan base would explode.  It's the equivalent of throwing the towel on the season.

We'll find out what happened here but my guess is that Diggs had some very important personal business to attend to, so they let him do it on Wednesday so he could practice Thurs and Friday.  Not sure what that could be that he couldn't do Tuesday, but a trade to the Pats seems so far fetched.

Edited by kp96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kp96 said:

A trade here would make zero sense.  I agree that stranger things have happened, but I mean really....they are contenders and their pass offense is deficient...and they're going to trade away Diggs?  And to the Pats, who they would likely have to beat if they somehow make it to the Superbowl?  The Vikings fan base would explode.  It's the equivalent of throwing the towel on the season.

We'll find out what happened here but my guess is that Diggs had some very important personal business to attend to, so they let him do it on Wednesday so he could practice Thurs and Friday.  Not sure what that could be that he couldn't do Tuesday, but a trade to the Pats seems so far fetched.

This passing situation has gotten a lot of public attention.  Cousins issued a public apology to Theilen.  It's a complete misuse of talent that, in terms of egos, could present a real problem for their huddle and locker room.

There's just not enough volume to support these guys given the running game, defense, and offensive philosophy coupled with the QBs inaccuracy this season.

Best case scenario I think for them would be to get a defensive back that would take their defense from good to great, if there is a trade.

Which leads me to believe we may be seeing Diggs in Jacksonville.  Though I'd prefer NE, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think he’s getting traded there’s a 20 mil cap hit

 

but please god trade him. Anywhere would be better, literally.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion I know, but if you signed on the dotted line and if you are not injured, then go out there and practice and play. Do your job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ginocan said:

Unpopular opinion I know, but if you signed on the dotted line and if you are not injured, then go out there and practice and play. Do your job. 

 

  1. Yeah, unpopular is an understatement. I think there's an inherent understanding with a contract as large as Diggs' that he will be used to his fullest. Maximizing his talent is good for both the team and Diggs, as he looks forward to maintaining the same market value when it's time to sign another contract.
  2.  
  3. I think Thielen and Diggs both have a reason to be unhappy with the direction this Vikes team is headed, after last years' passfest. Wins are wins, but the picture that was originally painted at contract signing is no longer the same.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Unpopular opinion I know, but if you signed on the dotted line and if you are not injured, then go out there and practice and play. Do your job. 

 

Pretty sure that kind of hot take can get you banned on Twitter. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

 

  1. Yeah, unpopular is an understatement. I think there's an inherent understanding with a contract as large as Diggs' that he will be used to his fullest. Maximizing his talent is good for both the team and Diggs, as he looks forward to maintaining the same market value when it's time to sign another contract.
  2.  
  3. I think Thielen and Diggs both have a reason to be unhappy with the direction this Vikes team is headed, after last years' passfest. Wins are wins, but the picture that was originally painted at contract signing is no longer the same.

Vikings are 2-2 and in last place in the division. So it's not like the Zimmer ground and pound method is a clear cut success. 

Now the Vikings have drama to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Pretty sure that kind of hot take can get you banned on Twitter. 

 

This is why I stay off social media. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New England doesn't have any cap space until Antonio Brown's grievance is settled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.