urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

Diggs Does Not Go To The Bench.

Not starting him unless people like the idea of using kirk cousins as a bye week replacement. If you're not comfortable starting cousins I think it's a sign that pass volume is too low.

Detroit feels like a run heavy game. I will continue to bench him but I understand if people like him. He reminds me of 2017 ty hilton.

4 hours ago, ed06288 said:

Not starting him unless people like the idea of using kirk cousins as a bye week replacement. If you're not comfortable starting cousins I think it's a sign that pass volume is too low.

Detroit feels like a run heavy game. I will continue to bench him but I understand if people like him. He reminds me of 2017 ty hilton.

Sorry, I don't agree with your statement/analogy that you have to be comfortable playing Cousins in order to start Diggs.  I started Diggs last week and had no intention of picking up Cousins in any sort of fashion.  You say DET feels like a run heavy game and thats fine but if Diggs can get 7-10 targets in a game he's startable, even if Cousins only throws 20 passes.  There were 2 games this year where Cousins barely threw the ball and that did hurt Diggs and Theilen. Having said that, the last 3 weeks has seen an increase in throws and hopefully its a sign of a more balanced offense.

Things are definitely looking better now than they did at week 3.  I think this offense is just getting started but the coaches need to figure out what is working and can't rely 100% on Cook.  And I say this as a Cook owner in one league.  I'd rather him not be run into the ground this year and have a more balance offense, which seems to be happening the last 3 weeks.

Diggs has done pretty well v. Slay.

18 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Starting with zero confidence. 

Benching with zero confidence.

Do we have any youtube videos of the coach, after a game or practice, stating that they might throw more? You have to figure the chicago game was a lesson learned. But at the same time I'm still hesitant to start him.

Edited by ed06288
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ed06288 said:

Do we have any youtube videos of the coach, after a game or practice, stating that they might throw more? You have to figure the chicago game was a lesson learned. But at the same time I'm still hesitant to start him.

Hesitant to start a WR who just went for 167-3?  Seems like it would be a pretty easy decision tbh.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hesitant to start a WR who just went for 167-3?  Seems like it would be a pretty easy decision tbh.

It is not.

We're talking about a guy who topped 49 yards once before that game, in a run dominant scheme with a lead, playing against a team they will likely have much more success running the ball against than last week.

Absolutely a point chaser game.  That said I may have no choice.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It is not.

We're talking about a guy who topped 49 yards once before that game, in a run dominant scheme with a lead, playing against a team they will likely have much more success running the ball against than last week.

Starting Diggs is never chasing points.  Diggs is simply too good for that.

Chasing points would be starting Jaron Brown after his two-TD game last week.

See the difference?

• Like 1

I believe he is startable in the right matchups but I also feel there is some recency bias going on. I'm under the impression that detroit is terrible against the run so there's that going against diggs this week.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Starting Diggs is never chasing points.  Diggs is simply too good for that.

Chasing points would be starting Jaron Brown after his two-TD game last week.

See the difference?

He's talented, but no amount of talent is going to sway Mike Zimmer away from running the ball in the second half with a double digit lead.

Which looks likely in this game.

I mean pump yourself up however you need to.  But to pretend like Diggs is a no brainer is just burying your head in the sand given the way things have gone this year.

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He's talented, but no amount of talent is going to sway Mike Zimmer away from running the ball in the second half with a double digit lead.

Which looks likely in this game.

I mean pump yourself up however you need to.  But to pretend like Diggs is a no brainer is just burying your head in the sand given the way things have gone this year.

so your logic applies to every WR then.

In defense of Diggs he had 7 targets in weeks 2 and 4 with a respectable score. Throw in the Philly game and he's startable for sure. Plus Zimmer might change his mind and start throwing more. I know the game script was odd in those games but he's definitely better than anything on the waiver wire in 12+ man leagues. 

11 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

so your logic applies to every WR then.

No, just Vikings receivers.

39 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It is not.

He has actually had 7 catches and 100+ yards in the past 2 out of 3 weeks...

Edited by gmoneypm
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, gmoneypm said:

Hes actually had 7 catches and 100+ yards in the past 2 out of 3 weeks...

Against two of the best run defenses in the NFL and one joke of a pass defense.

The Lions just let the Packers run 29 times for 170 yards against them.

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Against two of the best run defenses in the NFL and one joke of a pass defense.

The Lions just let the Packers run 29 times for 170 yards against them.

That’s dalvincooks music

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

That’s dalvincooks music

And maybe an Alexander Mattison bass solo.