urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

20 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Go check out week 3 and see who got the TDs on another run heavy team vs Washington. We all know this is going to be a Dalvin Cook and WR2 game. 

What kind of stats do you think Cousins will put up?  Consider that the Washington secondary is terrible and Cousins has put up ginormous stats the past 2 weeks. 

Of that projection, how much do you think Diggs will get, given he's not sharing with Thielen?

If you're being reasonable, this projects as a pretty good game for Diggs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

That's a good stat.  Still not enough for me to sit Diggs, but thanks for posting.

Negative: Thursday night games aren't known for having high scores on average. 

Negative: WAS is just as bad against the run as the pass and Cook will be roaming free and feed early and often.

Negative: MIN D will keep the score low so no need for Cousins to be passing much. 

Positive: Uhh, Cousins revenge game maybe? There's that I guess.

39 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Negative: Thursday night games aren't known for having high scores on average. 

Negative: WAS is just as bad against the run as the pass and Cook will be roaming free and feed early and often.

Negative: MIN D will keep the score low so no need for Cousins to be passing much. 

Positive: Uhh, Cousins revenge game maybe? There's that I guess.

I'm not expecting a big game for Diggs, but an obvious positive is that he's far and away the #1 target and should command a huge share of the targets with Thielen out. 

Diggs also has traditionally excelled in prime-time games.

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Let me provide some context. Here is the #1 WRs the Redskins have played:

Pettis, Parker, Edelman (8, 110, 1), Shepard, Robinson, Cooper (4, 44, 1), and Jeffery.

They played 2 #1s worth a damn. I had to google the depth chart on a few teams because I have absolutely zero idea who their number one is. One of the two lit them up and the other one put up a respectable fantasy stat line. 

• Like 3

I think benching him might be getting cute. Be different if thielen wasn't out, but I've got to believe he gets a decent workload w a few deep shots. 

Digging into that guys article on Rotoworld, Quinton Dunbar on the Skins is PFF’s #1 CB so far this year. However he is for the most part a stationary DB.

4 hours ago, jkendrick2 said:

With theilen out, anyone think Washington will load the box against cook? Hoping it opens up the play action for diggs.

That's the hope, but I have no idea what they will decide to do. They have that CB who will probably cover Diggs, maybe they think that will be enough to stop the passing game.  This Vikings offense looks like they've realized they have to have a more dynamic strategy than they did their first couple weeks.  I think tonight will be the real test if they figured it out, or were just greasing the squeaky WR wheels...

16 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Seems out of context.

Is Edelman a "1" or a "2?"

Does it matter since Quinton Dunbar is the one playing well and isn't a shadow corner?

Since Diggs has had 100 yards receiving in 3 out of the past four games and Theilen is out wouldn't it make sense to find ways to get him open?

What types of moves do guys like Amari Cooper and Alshon Jeffrey use to get open?  Is Diggs the same type of receiver?  What were the other options for the Cowboys and Eagles in those games?

I agree with you that it may not be a volume play if the Vikings go up big early as expected and run the ball a ton.  But Diggs got his huge play when the game was out of hand last week.

I think you're trying really hard to sell yourself a narrative here.  It may turn out that way, but I don't think you're acknowledging the big glaring reason why it won't - Diggs has been flaming hot and the Redskins on the whole stink at covering guys.

Starting him in one league and going against him in another. So i feel a bit confused about the situation. 😩My guess he has a good but not great game. Benching him though is stupid. It's an easy matchup with the thielen out. He's going to get targets, it's just a question if he capitalizes on it.

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Seems out of context.

Is Edelman a "1" or a "2?"

Does it matter since Quinton Dunbar is the one playing well and isn't a shadow corner?

Since Diggs has had 100 yards receiving in 3 out of the past four games and Theilen is out wouldn't it make sense to find ways to get him open?

What types of moves do guys like Amari Cooper and Alshon Jeffrey use to get open?  Is Diggs the same type of receiver?  What were the other options for the Cowboys and Eagles in those games?

I agree with you that it may not be a volume play if the Vikings go up big early as expected and run the ball a ton.  But Diggs got his huge play when the game was out of hand last week.

I think you're trying really hard to sell yourself a narrative here.  It may turn out that way, but I don't think you're acknowledging the big glaring reason why it won't - Diggs has been flaming hot and the Redskins on the whole stink at covering guys.

From what I've seen in previous years and even in this years to maybe a little lesser extent, is it's not a WR1 and WR2 thing in Minnesota.  Thielen is WR1a and Diggs is WR1b.  It's hard to say if Thielen is actually even a better receiver than Diggs but he is used more like the WR1.  With Theielen out, Diggs can preform just like a WR1 for Minnesota.  I agree with you, Diggs can step in and preform big tonight.  The real question is what is the Vikings game script going to be.  That is what will hurt Diggs, not Redskins Defense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

From what I've seen in previous years and even in this years to maybe a little lesser extent, is it's not a WR1 and WR2 thing in Minnesota.  Thielen is WR1a and Diggs is WR1b.  It's hard to say if Thielen is actually even a better receiver than Diggs but he is used more like the WR1.  With Theielen out, Diggs can preform just like a WR1 for Minnesota.  I agree with you, Diggs can step in and preform big tonight.  The real question is what is the Vikings game script going to be.  That is what will hurt Diggs, not Redskins Defense.

Sure.

We all saw what happened the first month of the season.  It can obviously go that way again tonight.

But this DVOA vs #1 or #2 receivers is pretty thin.

• Like 1

Going into tonight with low expectations, that way i can accept it if it happens, and pleasantly surprised if he does well. 

WR1 rest of the way.  Schedule is really good and he's doing a ton of damage with not even that many targets.

The run game put so much pressure on the D that the pass is open.  They really should have had 2-3 more TDs tonight.  Just awful penalties in the red zone on multiple drives.

Are we ready to stop doubting this cat now?

Imagine benching Diggs against the Redskins.

Who would do that? No one I hope...

• Like 2