dylanj

Dalvin Cook 2019 Outlook

133 carries 615 yards 2 TDs ,
49 targets  40 recs  305 yards   2 TDs

for Dalvin in 2018. Being injury prone, anyone interested next year?

He's borderline DND for me. Talent and production are clearly there in abundance, but the injuries are just too much of a concern. I can't stand having to worry about reading blurbs about my players on here, and with Cook it's a nearly daily occurrence. I just can't see him staying healthy. Of course there's a point in the draft were he to slip where you'd just roll the dice, but it'd be late.

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's borderline DND for me. Talent and production are clearly there in abundance, but the injuries are just too much of a concern. I can't stand having to worry about reading blurbs about my players on here, and with Cook it's a nearly daily occurrence. I just can't see him staying healthy. Of course there's a point in the draft were he to slip where you'd just roll the dice, but it'd be late.

I'm guessing somewhere mid to late 2nd round is where he will be in most drafts.

If (big if) he can put together a whole season, he can produce RB1 #'s at a discount.

7 hours ago, dylanj said:

I'm guessing somewhere mid to late 2nd round is where he will be in most drafts.

If (big if) he can put together a whole season, he can produce RB1 #'s at a discount.

Way too risky IMO. He could end up around the RB5 probably at his absolute ceiling, and we know how low the injury floor would be. I wouldn't even consider him until well into the third round. 

When finally healthy, in the last five games of the year, he averaged 19.5 points per game in PPR formats and 5.7 ypc. If he drops to me in the late second, I’m buying.

Edited by CooL

8 hours ago, dylanj said:

Late second is hardly a discount considering the risk he carries. No thanks. It take him in the 27-35 range ADP wise. That’s when the risk vs reward becomes manageable. 

If you handcuffed Cook with Murray you got RB13 production out of them through wk1-16.

Not what you wanted from a Top10RB (as least from where you drafted him), but if you believe in handcuffing you could have done worse with that pick.

15 hours ago, dylanj said:

He went mid to late 2nd this year.  With the season that he had, there has to be a drop.  I would imagine anywhere between 25-48.

• Like 2

No way I take him until late third round at the earliest because of his injury history,   If you take him in round two you are crazy. Unless Minnesota seriously upgrades the O-line he will struggle.

Post hype sleeper candidate here. I think this guy is an absolute beast. Injury concerns are obvious here, but I'll take that gamble at a 3rd-4th round valuation. Just hope his ADP doesn't start creeping up come draft time. 

Still overrated, still made of glass -- as I've said for the past 2 years. 

/thread

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Still overrated, still made of glass -- as I've said for the past 2 years. 

/thread

No one likes people that say “/thread”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Post hype sleeper candidate here. I think this guy is an absolute beast. Injury concerns are obvious here, but I'll take that gamble at a 3rd-4th round valuation. Just hope his ADP doesn't start creeping up come draft time. 

If he falls to the 4th, I'm all in.

I'd consider heavily in round 3 depending on what I have before that.

55 minutes ago, dylanj said:

If he falls to the 4th, I'm all in.

I'd consider heavily in round 3 depending on what I have before that.

No way he falls til the 4th round.  Soon as the top 10 RBs go, owners are going to be giving Cook a hard look because of his potential. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 30Burger said:

outstanding talent when healthy.

past performance and expected usage mitigated by pulls, tears, strains, and sprains

Date League Injury Details
Sep 27, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Cook re-injured his hamstring and missed 4 games.
Sep 16, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Cook missed 1 game.
Oct 1, 2017 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Coach Mike Zimmer described Cook's injury as "a normal, typical ACL (tear)." He underwent surgery on October 9, 2017.
Mar 31, 2016 Non-NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear Cook re-injured his shoulder in spring practice.
Oct 24, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Cook missed 1 game vs. Syracuse.
Mar 8, 2014 Non-NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear "He went up the steps, tripped in the weight room and put his hand down to catch himself at an angle,” coach Jimbo Fisher said.

Don't be afraid of the injury risk with Cook. When he's healthy he will outperform his ADP this year and give you an edge. If he get's hurt you get to use someone else. There will be plenty of bargains late in draft and that come up on waivers. Don't be afraid. 3rd round is a steal and as the season gets closer his ADP will probably move closer to early/mid 2nd if he's healthy.

Edited by tHe0racLE

26 minutes ago, tHe0racLE said:

Don't be afraid of the injury risk with Cook. When he's healthy he will outperform his ADP this year and give you an edge. If he get's hurt you get to use someone else. There will be plenty of bargains late in draft and that come up on waivers. Don't be afraid. 3rd round is a steal and as the season gets closer his ADP will probably move closer to early/mid 2nd if he's healthy.

dalvin cook's adp is currently 2.03 in PPR, 2.04 in half-PPR.  at that price, and considering his injury risk----which i am very much afraid of----i'm going OBJ, julio jones, or michael thomas there. he has clearly proven ability, but his durability remains unproven.

for me, that price tag = risky

giphy.gif

• Like 2

cook is a top 5 rb when healthy. facts

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

cook is a top 5 rb when healthy. facts

which he has yet to show. . .😂

• Like 2

Dalvin cook wasnt a top 5 back at anytime last year. Even if you only count the weeks he was healthy at the end of the year (roughly week 12 to week 17) he does make it to rb 7 in that time frame in half ppr. Which also didnt have todd Gurley for a stretch and 3 games without james connor and melvin gordon battling injuries. 

If I'm not mistaken the only time dalvin was top 5 was his first 4 weeks of his pro career. Not alot of evidence to draw conclusions from (unless your a damien williams truther). However I love cook and would love to have him but probably not as my RB1

Edited by Stonej14