dylanj

Dalvin Cook 2019 Outlook

On 11/28/2019 at 5:42 PM, MJJ28 said:

Yes my information is that they play on Monday, so this is essentially their Wednesday practice, and it is Thanksgiving Day. He’s fine and this is nothing, and the panic here is mindblowingly stupid.

Looks like he wasnt fine and that injury report issued last Thursday and not practicing Wednesday was legitimate. 

I'm sure we will here some coach speak on it soon

• Like 1

Cook is a beast, but I'm worried one small hit and he unexpectedly sits with game in hand vs. Lions next week.

Not benching Cook though, but just scared now. As a Mattison owner too, hoping for something definitive. Tempted to start both, but that's a dumb idea.

Omg this is best case scenario. Really thought he was for certain gone for season! There’s hope we haven’t seen the last of him.

Feels super risky though if he plays next week. Can go out of game with one hit. No bueno in the playoffs. Almost wouldn’t mind (I know, crazy) if he sat out to make this an easy decision. People will almost certainly be punching for that ball/and that spot moving forward. 

Viking are in Super Bowl contention and no way they put him out there if it’s a risk. I could see him sitting next week vs. Lions. Honestly, though, not sure what one week off will do for fantasy purposes, considering he was off last week and came back with same injury.

31 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Cook is a beast, but I'm worried one small hit and he unexpectedly sits with game in hand vs. Lions next week.

Not benching Cook though, but just scared now. As a Mattison owner too, hoping for something definitive. Tempted to start both, but that's a dumb idea.

If the game is in hand, then that most certainly means Cook feasted already. He’s an absolute stud , if he suits up your golden 

16 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Omg this is best case scenario. Really thought he was for certain gone for season! There’s hope we haven’t seen the last of him.

Feels super risky though if he plays next week. Can go out of game with one hit. No bueno in the playoffs. Almost wouldn’t mind (I know, crazy) if he sat out to make this an easy decision. People will almost certainly be punching for that ball/and that spot moving forward. 

Viking are in Super Bowl contention and no way they put him out there if it’s a risk. I could see him sitting next week vs. Lions. Honestly, though, not sure what one week off will do for fantasy purposes, considering he was off last week and came back with same injury.

Vikings are trying to win every single game for a chance to clinch the NFC North . Theres no way Cook is sitting if healthy . If anything they need him more than ever to beast it . 

2 hours ago, aapox said:

He also said last year he had a cramp (not hamstring strain that derailed his season) and that he’d be good. I’ll believe the practice reports and designation for next game moreso. 

Image result for hes right you know gif

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Looks like he wasnt fine and that injury report issued last Thursday and not practicing Wednesday was legitimate. 

I'm sure we will here some coach speak on it soon

Just when I thought Cook is too good to be true, and FF playoffs right around the corner... 😨

21 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

All the Mattison owners coming out of the woodwork lol

in the 2 leegs i have Cook i also have Mattison ... any Cook owner who that is not applicable to deserves their fate if Cook sits - i secured both on draft night, never looked back. 

all because some are in here providing updates, which is what these threads are for, does not mean they Mattison owners who don't also roster Cook. 

• Like 1

So he sits the second half of a HUGE game vs Seattle for precaution reasons but he'll be good to go on a short week vs a horrible Lions team? Im just not buying it. I think we're looking at a one week absence.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

If the game is in hand, then that most certainly means Cook feasted already. He’s an absolute stud , if he suits up your golden 

How was it he feasted with the game in hand if he left it in the 3rd qtr and they lost? 🤣

Edited by dashoe

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

How was it he feasted with the game in hand if he left it in the 3rd qtr and they lost? 🤣

He's talking about next week...

He was responding to a post of someone saying they are afraid NEXT WEEK that he'll be taken out early if they get out to a big lead vs. Detroit.

• Like 3

Conceivably, they should be able to beat the Lions and Chargers without him.

I'd think they want him back for GB on the 26th and for the stretch run.

Not the type of guy you'd want to trot out there to get hurt worse given his history, I wouldn't think.

1 hour ago, FlashGordon401 said:

All the Mattison owners coming out of the woodwork lol

For good reason. I don't believe Cook when he says he'll be fine. He looked like he was crying on the field when he was laying face down with the trainer.

• Like 1

No point in speculating. We’ll let the practice reports lead the way from here on out. All we can hope for is be healthy and play or don’t play at all. I’m not looking for a 2nd quarter exit next week.