dylanj

Dalvin Cook 2019 Outlook

This is really a tough one...but it is laughable that Zimmer said he expects him to be 100%-- that is absurd hyperbole.

Lets also file away that this is also a medical staff that cleared Thielen and he was not near ready...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Impossible to believe after he was literally crying on the field.

I think he may have been low blowed on that play, hence the crying. He was walking funny too. 

Can Zimmer be fined for his comments on Cook being 100%?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I think it is highly likely that Dalvin will either play or won’t play. If he does play, it’s highly likely he will either play the full game or won’t play the full game. 

YES!

18 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

He's about to get lit up and cough that thing up.

If you watch the play he went out on, it looked like he wasn't even hit that hard. He basically just took a hard forearm shot to his chest and that's all it took. You'd have to think Detroit is hitting him there every time to try and get the ball. It's not magically going to heal on the short week, so if he was in that much pain just from that, I can't imagine him dealing with that an entire game. This should be interesting...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, devaster said:

Can Zimmer be fined for his comments on Cook being 100%?

It amazes me how coaches will spew this b.s. to everybody.  If he's 100% then I'm the Queen of Sheba.

Edited by jackg1162
  • Haha 1

Are people here who own both Cook and Mattison starting one, both or what?  I own both and I'm torn.  One of them will likely but up less than 10 PPR points (wouldn't be surprised if it's Cook) so you almost have to hope the other has a huge game to make up for it.

Just now, sjm76 said:

Are people here who own both Cook and Mattison starting one, both or what?  I own both and I'm torn.  One of them will likely but up less than 10 PPR points (wouldn't be surprised if it's Cook) so you almost have to hope the other has a huge game to make up for it.

i'm on record since yesterday, and i stand firm today: i'm starting Mattison even if Cook is active. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

If you watch the play he went out on, it looked like he wasn't even hit that hard. He basically just took a hard forearm shot to his chest and that's all it took. You'd have to think Detroit is hitting him there every time to try and get the ball. It's not magically going to heal on the short week, so if he was in that much pain just from that, I can't imagine him dealing with that an entire game. This should be interesting...

I don't think he plays.  Just me guessing but I don't see how they risk him against Detroit.  This team can contend for a Super Bowl but they need need a healthy Cook.  Zimmer saying Cook is 100% might be the worst violation of coach speak I've ever heard in my life.

1 minute ago, jackg1162 said:

I don't think he plays.  Just me guessing but I don't see how they risk him against Detroit.  This team can contend for a Super Bowl but they need need a healthy Cook.  Zimmer saying Cook is 100% might be the worst violation of coach speak I've ever heard in my life.

I agree that they don't need Cook to beat the Lions but you never know.  Cook may want to give it a go to pad his season stats.

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Depends on who your other RBS and flex play would be. I also have henry and fournette So nope I'm going all in on cook.

37 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I think it is highly likely that Dalvin will either play or won’t play. If he does play, it’s highly likely he will either play the full game or won’t play the full game. 

^ The kind of analysis I come here for.

Thanks man

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, leffe186 said:

He just got five targets, four receptions and 51 yards for only part of the game. Sounds like a reasonable receiving threat to me.

Edit: Mattison I mean.

...which equals his entire catch total for the rest of the year. I'm more than skeptical.

34 minutes ago, bomont said:

...which equals his entire catch total for the rest of the year. I'm more than skeptical.

You mean to tell me a rookie has seen limited touches and targets playing behind one of the best three-down backs in the NFL? 

Nah. 

• Like 3

Fearless Forecast:

88 rushing yards

5 receptions 53 yards

2 tuddies 

Do you believe ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Fearless Forecast:

88 rushing yards

5 receptions 53 yards

2 tuddies 

Do you believe ? 

Fearless forecast:  4 carries 15 yards 1 reception 3 yards fumble. Questionable for return

• Like 6

I think it depends on whether Detroit can keep it reasonably close which is what Cook owners should be hoping for.  If they can somehow keep it close then he should have a very good game.  If it's a blowout by halftime, it will likely be all Mattison in the second half.

2 hours ago, Grayson2401 said:

You mean to tell me a rookie has seen limited touches and targets playing behind one of the best three-down backs in the NFL? 

Nah. 

:lol: Enjoy your spin doctoring

3 hours ago, bomont said:

Well yeah, because there was a Dalvin Cook on the field for the rest of the year.

13 hours ago, bomont said:

:lol: Enjoy your spin doctoring

How is that spinning anything? He is 6th in rushing attempts and I believe 7th in receptions. It should be no surprise his back-up has seen limited work.

Edited by Grayson2401

16 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I think it depends on whether Detroit can keep it reasonably close which is what Cook owners should be hoping for.  If they can somehow keep it close then he should have a very good game.  If it's a blowout by halftime, it will likely be all Mattison in the second half.

don't forget this is the vikings who historically have not always made things the most easy for themselves. 

16 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I think it depends on whether Detroit can keep it reasonably close which is what Cook owners should be hoping for. 

... this is a good enuff sign: