dylanj

Dalvin Cook 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

But I do not think there are 3 in the mix....If LA loses then MIN is in so why play Cook? Mattison has a high ankle sprain....seems to me there is one guy that will the boom and that is Boone.

If Mattison is healthy he'll split carries. the only scenario I'd be comfortable playing any of these backs is if cook gets ruled out and Mattison is also unavailable. 

Just now, Watch_Yo_Back said:

If Mattison is healthy he'll split carries. the only scenario I'd be comfortable playing any of these backs is if cook gets ruled out and Mattison is also unavailable. 

Exactly.

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

But I do not think there are 3 in the mix....If LA loses then MIN is in so why play Cook? Mattison has a high ankle sprain....seems to me there is one guy that will the boom and that is Boone.

I haven't read Mattison is 100% out yet. If it comes out he is, then you are correct and it changes everything. Just sucks they play Monday night, if you don't have Cook and Boone for options. I'll have to make my decisions to start Boone or not Sunday by 1pm which is probably the same for a lot of his owners. 

1 minute ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Agreed. 

Although this is FF, so don't be shocked if everyone starts Boone with confidence and we see Abdulah getting all the reps. Nothing like counting on a one week wonder in the Championship game. 

Worst case scenario is that all are active.

Best case scenario is that Cook and Mattison are both out to give a full RB1 load to Boone. 

Boone in the preseason looked like a monster...not losing anything with him in there.

It's also a horrible situation for FF owners that they play Monday night....so if it's a gametime decision, we don't have any other options left.

18 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

But I do not think there are 3 in the mix....If LA loses then MIN is in so why play Cook? Mattison has a high ankle sprain.

It looks like there is one guy that will lower the boom on the Pack and that is Boone.

this is my thought, I want it to come down to Cook vs Boone, I hope they rule out Mattison early

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

this is my thought, I want it to come down to Cook vs Boone, I hope they rule out Mattison early

i'd lay it as Cook 70% chance to play, Mattison 1% .

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Maybe it were the people who were risk-averse in taking cook but still made the playoffs are the ones laughing in the end after all..

Coming to this discussion late, but are you saying that if you drafted Dalvin Cook you were risk-averse? Because, naah 😀. If this is about something else then I apologize.

34 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... i bet the Falcons got the same"NO CHANCE!!1!!!1!!!11!11!" memo before beating the 49ers. 

🤷‍♂️

49ers defense was decimated so that result wasn't as shocking as if Detroit would beat GB with David Blough.

Look anything is possible...

But the chances Cook reinjures his shoulder even further making him useless in the playoffs far outweighs the chances of Detroit beating GB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

49ers defense was decimated so that result wasn't as shocking as if Detroit would beat GB with David Blough.

Look anything is possible...

But the chances Cook reinjures his shoulder even further making him useless in the playoffs far outweighs the chances of Detroit beating GB.

fair enuff ...

but the Pack is the least impressive 11-3 team in years - they are far from invincible, especially in a divisional tilt. 

tall order, no question - but, as Rocco opined about offing Hyman Roth in GFII: "difficult, but not impossible"

Matt is on has a high ankle sprain. He’s done

minnesota picked up a practice squad player from the steelers

its Boone szn 

Mattison likely out 

If SF beats LA, then this game means even less for Minny, and risking Cook makes less sense. That leaves Boone. 

If Cook plays and Mattison is out, I think Boone gets at least 40% of the work, If Cook sits, Boone is a league winner. 

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Mattison likely out 

If SF beats LA, then this game means even less for Minny, and risking Cook makes less sense. That leaves Boone. 

If Cook plays and Mattison is out, I think Boone gets at least 40% of the work, If Cook sits, Boone is a league winner. 

That’s how I see it. Unfortunately the only people who will benefit from Boone are Cook owners. I grabbed Boone, don’t have Cook, mainly as a blocking move. I won’t risk waiting to play Boone unless Cook is ruled out by Saturday. 

1 minute ago, CooL said:

That’s how I see it. Unfortunately the only people who will benefit from Boone are Cook owners. I grabbed Boone, don’t have Cook, mainly as a blocking move. I won’t risk waiting to play Boone unless Cook is ruled out by Saturday. 

The latest pieces I can play in Boone's spot is Kirk at 3:25 CST Sunday OR Monty on SNF vs Chiefs. 

If I'm behind big headed into the late slate on Sunday, I'll likely hold out longer and take Kirk out holding Montgomery, Lazard, and Boone. My add of Lazard gives me one last option on MNF in case it looks like Cook plays and gets all the work. 

My opponent has Cook. 

I think Boone is gonna start, gut feeling. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maximuxx said:

who said Mattison has an high ankle sprain?

It's being assumed since he was out early last week and hasn't practiced at all this week, thus its being viewed as a multi week injury. 

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

It's being assumed since he was out early last week and hasn't practiced at all this week, thus its being viewed as a multi week injury. 

But they haven't practiced this week right? Cause of MNF

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Nobody on the Vikings has practiced this week 

• Like 1

Just now, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

But they haven't practiced this week right? Cause of MNF

It's a fluid situation as the week goes along we'll have more clarity, and how each GM handles the situation depends on their own personal situation and what they are facing for the chip. 

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Nobody on the Vikings has practiced this week 

I could see Boone getting 40-50% of the work even If Cook plays. Mattison looks doubtful imo. 

Mattison himself said he was ready to play.  I dont think his injury is that serious but its really anyone's guess.  If he does play I believe it'll be a timeshare.  I really dont see Dalvin playing this week.  If you guys have someone like DeAndre Washington - I say fire him up.  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, maximuxx said:

Mattison himself said he was ready to play.  I dont think his injury is that serious but its really anyone's guess.  If he does play I believe it'll be a timeshare.  I really dont see Dalvin playing this week.  If you guys have someone like DeAndre Washington - I say fire him up.  

Maybe someone misheard the doc.

Reporters came in and he said, “Hi. Ankle sprain.”

• Haha 2