urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

9 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

You should go back and re-read this thread, focusing on the information provided by the Lockett doubters, and I believe you will find that yesterdays game script (high volume rushing attack, low overall passing numbers leading to few targets and the addition of new talent) fall right in line with points we were making regarding documented historical trends against Lockett becoming a PPR WR1. This data encapsulates more than a single game sample size...

Certainly enough information that the "Lockett will be a WR1 this season" truthers should be sounding the alarm and circling the wagons.

ps: I never claimed him a bust earlier in this thread or in my statement you quoted. I simply stated Lockett is not going to meet WR1 expectations, and that there was a wealth of information previously mentioned in this thread to support said conclusion. IMHO he will not finish a PPR WR1 (top 12 at his position.) *this was the topic at hand for most of this thread, and the topic to which I was commenting, hence my opening statement:

I'd have to go back and look but I hope there weren't too many that drafted him with the idea of him being a WR1.   I drafted him with the hope of a solid WR2 that would at least get a decent amount of targets per game.

And maybe game script played some part in yesterday's lack of passing.  But 2 targets out of 20 attempts is worrying.  Especially when the rookie got 5 (I think).

• Like 1

Just now, K197040 said:

I'd have to go back and look but I hope there weren't too many that drafted him with the idea of him being a WR1.   I drafted him with the hope of a solid WR2 that would at least get a decent amount of targets per game.

And maybe game script played some part in yesterday's lack of passing.  But 2 targets out of 20 attempts is worrying.  Especially when the rookie got 5 (I think).

Not saying you, but if he’s your WR1 you should have STUD RBs and either Mahomes or a top 3 TE which would make up for it.

Just now, lightweight3 said:

Not saying you, but if he’s your WR1 you should have STUD RBs and either Mahomes or a top 3 TE which would make up for it.

That's a good point.   I can see that being the case.  

But I was talking about someone drafting him thinking he'd be a #1 WR. (as opposed to a fantasy team's WR1). 

• Like 1

Lockett was receiving double coverage all day yesterday.  Look at JuJu..much higher price tag, less points, and being single covered by Gilmore.  This s--- happens. 

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

That's a good point.   I can see that being the case.  

But I was talking about someone drafting him thinking he'd be a #1 WR. (as opposed to a fantasy team's WR1). 

Yeah I agree completely.  That means taking him in the third which would be way too early.

26 minutes ago, K197040 said:

this is rotoworld. Of course people drafted him to put up WR1 lol. They aren't saying much now but let locket get 100+ yrds and a TD or more and see what happens in here. lol

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Lockett was receiving double coverage all day yesterday.  Look at JuJu..much higher price tag, less points, and being single covered by Gilmore.  This s--- happens. 

Good info

DK getting established will help I imagine.   There’s no one else to worry about.   

Sorry, screwed up my original post/reply to your quote:

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I'd have to go back and look but I hope there weren't too many that drafted him with the idea of him being a WR1.  

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

But I was talking about someone drafting him thinking he'd be a #1 WR. 

Correct.

I have no reason to individually call anyone out but there were ~7 posters within just the 1st 5 pages of this thread claiming Locket would be a WR1 overall.

*can't make this stuff up :wacko:

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

You should go back and re-read this thread, focusing on the information provided by the Lockett doubters, and I believe you will find that yesterdays game script (high volume rushing attack, low overall passing numbers leading to few targets and the addition of new talent) fall right in line with points we were making regarding documented historical trends against Lockett becoming a PPR WR1. This data encapsulates more than a single game sample size...

Certainly enough information that the "Lockett will be a WR1 this season" truthers should be sounding the alarm and circling the wagons.

ps: I never claimed him a bust earlier in this thread or in my statement you quoted. I simply stated Lockett is not going to meet WR1 expectations, and that there was a wealth of information previously mentioned in this thread to support said conclusion. IMHO he will not finish a PPR WR1 (top 12 at his position.) *this was the topic at hand for most of this thread, and the topic to which I was commenting, hence my opening statement:

It is week 1. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Correct.

I have no reason to individually call anyone out but there were ~7 posters within just the 1st 5 pages of this thread claiming Locket would be a WR1 overall.

He was close to being a WR1 last year and this years situation is better imo. Give him a few games. 

44 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Correct.

I don't remember anyone saying that. Post the quotes or you are making it up

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 8:01 PM, Panthers8912 said:

Would be cool if, gee idk, he got more than 2 targets a game.

atleast he turns that into 2/52/1

stumbled upon this. 

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:23 PM, dmb3684 said:

Lockett will be a WR1 this year. Book it.

here's one

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

lol...you made me look

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

here's one

I still think that.

He said WR1 Overall

Edited by dmb3684

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, dmb3684 said:

Lockett will be a WR1 this year. Book it.

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

...and with that @dmb3684 lost any and all credibility in my book.

For now on, I'll just ignore you when you say you don't remember something, or accuse me of lying.

Just now, FollowTheLeader said:

...and with that @dmb3684 lost any and all credibility in my book.

For now on, I'll just ignore you when you say you don't remember something, or accuse me of lying.

You said people were saying Lockett would be the overall WR1.

Literally, nobody said that.

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I still think that.

He said WR1 Overall

and that is because the current discussion between K1970 and I had to do with WR1 on a specific team or a WR1 overall in the league (top 12).

You read that one comment as "the #1 overall WR, or the WR1 overall) where it clearly states, "a WR1 overall" when you know darn well the discussion at hand was a WR1, a top 12 WR in the league, overall.

"a WR overall" lends itself to a plural (many WR1's), while "the WR1" would be singular.

Try and keep up.

Edited by FollowTheLeader

5 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

and that is because the current discussion between K1970 and I had to do with WR1 on a specific team or a WR1 overall in the league (top 12).

Try and keep up.

you are boring.  sorry.  Lockett in for #1 overall

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Correct.

You even put overall in italics. I mean, I'm not gonna argue what you said. It is right here. You are on my ignore list anyhow. I see why.

20 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

All the analysts said a breakout was coming, targets are vacated they said.  Draft Lockett they said.  What a disaster.  

Lemme guess, you're dropping Davante Adams and Mike Evans also?

Whether it's wr1 overall or a WR1 (rank 1-12 in 12 team) it doesn't seem as likely. Once again the only reason we are seeing "it's week 1" is because he had low targets and needed a TD to salvage the day. If he goes off next week we better see a bunch on "it's only been two weeks let's not get hasty" posts. 

but it's rotoworld so it'll be hyperbole in the other direction if he goes off next week lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Lemme guess, you're dropping Davante Adams and Mike Evans also?

Lockett "ain't no" Adams or Evans.🤣

• Like 1