urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

The more I think about the whole Seattle situation, the more I hope that teams start stacking the box and stopping the run.  I have more invested in the Seattle WR corps than I do in the backfield (pending a Carson injury)

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Lockett "ain't no" Adams or Evans.🤣

Yeah, he outscored them both this week.

This was the worst case scenario for targets (home fav where they could run the ball a lot). Better days ahead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Yeah, he outscored them both this week.

This was the worst case scenario for targets (home fav where they could run the ball a lot). Better days ahead.

Lockett is exactly who he showed he was last year when Doug Baldwin was out. He's no Adams or Evans, like I said. Plus, Seattle is just a bad situation for WRs. I wouldn't be surprised if DK ends up being the top producer, and that's not really saying much.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 3

SEA didn't even know what to do with Percy Harvin.

Hopefully Lockett bounces back tho.

• Haha 1

i drafted lockett in the 4th because i think he was pushing wr1 status. Expecting a bigger season from him this year. Hoping this the only game with 1 or 2 targets.

Went conner, david johnson and carson in the previus rds.

2 hours ago, DLG10 said:

Terrible comparison. 

Anyways, Lockett was a bit overrated because Metcalf was underrated. Wilson and Metcalf have had great chemistry ever since training camp. Also too much stock was put into a 3 cone drill when Metcalf is a great deep threat for a QB that likes to go deep. 

People thought Lockett was going to run away with targets when the reality is Metcalf will steal more than most Lockett owners thought. 

Don’t get me wrong, there will still be production here but Lockett also isn’t going to run away with targets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tough to trust him after week 1. If not for that one big catch, we'd be looking at a 0. I understand that was who he was last year. I guess I thought maybe we'd see more consistency with Baldwin gone. I will hold him for now.

12 hours ago, DLG10 said:

Bad comparison. Harvin was a one trick pony who couldn't stay healthy. Lockett is a MUCH more polished receiver. He'll be fine and I'd personally be trying to buy low. 

2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Bad comparison. Harvin was a one trick pony who couldn't stay healthy. Lockett is a MUCH more polished receiver. He'll be fine and I'd personally be trying to buy low. 

Wrong. Harvin was a premier weapon and one of the best WRs in the league who put up WR1 seasons with utter trash throwing him the ball. Lockett is great but that doesn't mean Harvin wasn't.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Wrong. Harvin was a premier weapon and one of the best WRs in the league. Last year was the first season Lockett even sniffed the things Harvin did. Lockett is great but that doesn't mean Harvin wasn't.

You are referring to Percy Harvin right? 

addition to the block list 

Edited by JSA2422
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Wrong. Harvin was a premier weapon and one of the best WRs in the league. Lockett is great but that doesn't mean Harvin wasn't.

Was he one of the best WRs in the league? Perhaps he was one of the most dynamic players in the league for a short period of time before his body failed him. A polished WR he definitely was not. 

Just now, JSA2422 said:

You are referring to Percy Harvin right? 

Yes, the guy who put up WR1 seasons with complete trash throwing him the ball. Lockett has never sniffed that.

8 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Wrong. Harvin was a premier weapon and one of the best WRs in the league who put up WR1 seasons with utter trash throwing him the ball. Lockett is great but that doesn't mean Harvin wasn't.

this. 

if you go back to AP's MVP season of 2012 you'll see that it was HARVIN, not AP, who was being talked about as leeg MVP (he certainly was thru the first 4 games).

he got hurt, then AP started amassing touches en route to his 2k yd season. 

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Yes, the guy who put up WR1 seasons with complete trash throwing him the ball. Lockett has never sniffed that.

Where did these wr1 seasons happen because it wasnt in the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Where did these wr1 seasons happen because it wasnt in the nfl. 

2011 he had 87 catches, 1300 yards, and 9 TDs. He was a top WR in fantasy that season. Other seasons he didn't finish in full, but was a clear WR1 when on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, MJJ28 said:

2011 he had 87 catches, 1300 yards, and 9 TDs. He was a top WR in fantasy that season. Other seasons he didn't finish in full, but was a clear WR1 when on the field.

Injury and craziness derailed him- but no doubt.  There was a time he was a top wr any week he was on the field. 

To remain statistically accurate: Harvin never finished multiple seasons (season = 16g for fantasy purposes, not including week 17/playoffs) as a top 12 at his position in PPR. He finished in the top 12 one time (2011), as the 9th ranked WR.

His highest receiving yards total over that span was 967yds (2011 87/967/6) *and that was over 17g

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Injury and craziness derailed him- but no doubt.  There was a time he was a top wr any week he was on the field. 

Felt like amendola to me. Such a tease putting up good numbers but couldn’t stay on the field 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Felt like amendola to me. Such a tease putting up good numbers but couldn’t stay on the field 

Amendola lol....

i guess that’s as good a comp as Lockett to Harvin.    Not the same players at all. 

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

ooooffff ... for as injury prone as Harvin was, Danny Glass makes him look like Cal Ripken in comparision

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ooooffff ... for as injury prone as Harvin was, Danny Glass makes him look like Cal Ripken in comparision

And dola survived more years in the league 

ooooooofffff

Edited by bhawks489

Just now, bhawks489 said:

ooooooofffff

ever hear of migraines?  do you understand how utterly debilitating they can be?

gimme a broken/sprained/torn muscle appendage or ligament ANY DAY over chronic migraines. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

ooooooofffff

and DA showed out week 1...crazy stuff

*hopefully many of our league mates spend big $ on 'dola in FA :fingers crossed:

Edited by FollowTheLeader