urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, Chippa said:

Cincy double teamed Lockett? Wow, it worked well. Cincy should have won that game. They held that offense in check. Hopefully other teams do not start to take a page out of Zac Taylor's playbook, because it certainly worked

Lockett needs Metcalf to be a threat do draw that coverage away.

Seems people feel Lockett is a good start against the Steelers.

Anyone else feel like rolling him out against a Steelers team that was abused last week?

4 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Anyone else feel like rolling him out against a Steelers team that was abused last week?

Who wouldn’t?? I mean...unless it’s a 6-8 team league... what better options can you have?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Who wouldn’t?? I mean...unless it’s a 6-8 team league... what better options can you have?

Someone that has Watkins? Or someone like Boyd.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

I don't think you can bench Lockett this week. Great bounce back spot for a lot of peoples low end WR1/high end WR2.

Barring a 2 WR League I don't think you can sit Tyler.

Happiness is having a slot receiver against the Steelers. Pittsburgh has been bad against the slot for as long as I can remember, and that includes last Sunday night when New England rinsed them to the tune of 11 receptions for 224 yards and 3 TDs out of the slot. Back at home, I expect the Steelers to bounce back in a big way, which means Russell Wilson will have to throw. A lot. And when he does, it will be to Lockett in the slot against a Pittsburgh squad that allowed a league-high 158 slot receptions last season.

credit ESPN and Matthew Berry.

• Like 2

Not planning on sitting him this week in a 2WR league. He's my first WR off the board as someone who went RB/RB/RB and I just can't not start him over guys like Dede/Hollywood/Ridley.

It's almost inevitable that Wilson will throw the ball more, they'll find ways to get him open, DK will take away coverage from him as well. Have faith.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 1

Sitting in favor of JuJu/Watkins/Ridley. Still like him but want to see some targets.

• Thanks 1

sitting in favor of Boyd, Fitz, Jeffrey, also have John Brown, Mike Williams and Mclaurin

all 6 guys I would start over Lockett

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did nobody own him last year? He only averages 4 targets a game, he is just incredibly efficient with those targets. Yesterdays game looked exactly like the last two seasons.

2 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Did nobody own him last year? He only averages 4 targets a game, he is just incredibly efficient with those targets. Yesterdays game looked exactly like the last two seasons.

Right but with Baldwin gone you would think there would be an uptick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turner46 said:

Happiness is having a slot receiver against the Steelers. Pittsburgh has been bad against the slot for as long as I can remember, and that includes last Sunday night when New England rinsed them to the tune of 11 receptions for 224 yards and 3 TDs out of the slot. Back at home, I expect the Steelers to bounce back in a big way, which means Russell Wilson will have to throw. A lot. And when he does, it will be to Lockett in the slot against a Pittsburgh squad that allowed a league-high 158 slot receptions last season.

Matthew berry lol

fire up Lockett for his 2-3 targets. Seahawks could be down 20 and they would still run

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, turner46 said:

Agreed

Can’t sit Lockett vs Pitt unless you’re stacked at wr. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

sitting in favor of Boyd, Fitz, Jeffrey, also have John Brown, Mike Williams and Mclaurin

all 6 guys I would start over Lockett

Sound like you don't win much early in seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Sound like you don't win much early in seasons. 

yep, I draft deep teams, and play matchups, I bought the hype of Lockett, and maybe he has a big week, but he also has the lowest floor of any of the guys I listed

I started over Fitzgerald cause "rankings" and it almost cost me, despite being the 2nd highest scored in the league

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

yep, I draft deep teams, and play matchups, I bought the hype of Lockett, and maybe he has a big week, but he also has the lowest floor of any of the guys I listed

I started over Fitzgerald cause "rankings" and it almost cost me, despite being the 2nd highest scored in the league

don't worry about it. Looks like lots of folks in here sold out on the hype and can't let go lol. He'll most likely bounce back from having one catch but living up to all this hype is doubtful 

looks like another situation in which the lead RB has to get hurt to increase the fantasy WR production (like baldwin's breakout streak)

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

looks like another situation in which the lead RB has to get hurt to increase the fantasy WR production (like baldwin's breakout streak)

That’s how a Schotty offense rolls.

It's 2019 and a team with a franchise QB in his prime would rather run it 30 times a game than have him pass.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:39 PM, Sticky2 said:

If you're not starting Lockett this week, why in the world did you draft him? of course everyone is playing him

edit - well i guess everyone except for that "gold spikes" guy up ^ there!

Edited by cs3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, cs3 said:

If you're not starting Lockett this week, why in the world did you draft him? of course everyone is playing him

edit - well i guess everyone except for that "gold spikes" guy up ^ there!

fwiw, I drafted him planning on him being my starter, but Jeffrey fell to me, and I took flyers on Fitz and Mclaurin

I would start him over Mclaurin in a pinch, but not over the other 2

good game, I am glad to see them use him as the possession receiver

I couldn't go wrong this week, left him on the bench for Fitz, Boyd, Jeffrey (TBD), and had him just ahead of McLaurin but that would have worked just the same