urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

12 hours ago, ginocan said:

Why can’t players just appreciate fantasy sports and realized that if there are no fantasy sports and gamblings , then they are not making millions and millions playing a game. 

Wait you think fantasy sports is what allows athletes to make millions and millions? Maybe you think about that a little more

1 minute ago, cs3 said:

Wait you think fantasy sports is what allows athletes to make millions and millions? Maybe you think about that a little more

Sports gambling as well. If you think otherwise than ok. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cs3 said:

I wouldn’t watch a second of NFL regular season if it weren’t for fantasy football (and I didn’t for ~5 years when I took a hiatus from fantasy football). I don’t believe I’m alone in that. Fantasy football and gambling is a massive driver of NFL popularity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The vocal minority of angry nerds on twitter ruin the fantasy player perception for a lot of NFL players. Imagine having a bad game/getting injured an a bunch of losers decide to @ you on twitter to pile on. 

• Like 1

Dammit dissly lol. Taking away targets

And why are nfl players that mad about fantasy. Its definitely driving excitement for the league and even if FF didn't exist, gambling does and they would still make comments and flood their social media. 

45 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I wouldn’t watch a second of NFL regular season if it weren’t for fantasy football (and I didn’t for ~5 years when I took a hiatus from fantasy football). I don’t believe I’m alone in that. Fantasy football and gambling is a massive driver of NFL popularity. 

That's great for you, but your perspective is completely backwards. Fantasy football only exists at all because the NFL is so popular. Not the other away around. I mean think about it logically

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cs3 said:

I think we can all agree it's not God that's buying tickets to the game or watching on TV. While I understand his sentiment, it's definitely a bit tone deaf. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Dammit dissly lol. Taking away targets

And why are nfl players that mad about fantasy. Its definitely driving excitement for the league and even if FF didn't exist, gambling does and they would still make comments and flood their social media. 

Not all of them feel this way. Plenty of players play fantasy themselves and have a lot of fun with it. Juju runs his own fantasy league and Saquon tweeted something today about picking up Gallman in his league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Dissly is a huge drain on Lockett's value.

He wasn't last week. Game script is the biggest drain on Lockett's targets.

Yeah it seems like the Seahawks have done this for a long time. Get a lead, go conservative and don't put the team away whereas a lot of other teams up 20-3 would stomp on the other team's throat in the second half and make sure the game was over. I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I've owned Wilson/Lockett a lot over the years and it just seems like they only feast when they're losing and they're forced to open it up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cs3 said:

There is a direct correlation between fantasy sports growth and the economic impact on NFL revenues. So the answer is yes and I would suggest you read some literature about it. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lockett going to get shawdowed by Awuib Talib is he a top 20 WR this week?  Mike Evans was basically shut out until he got a 70 yard td from a blown coverage by Marcus peters but besides that Talib almost s--- him out

23 minutes ago, Brye said:

Lockett going to get shawdowed by Awuib Talib is he a top 20 WR this week?  Mike Evans was basically shut out until he got a 70 yard td from a blown coverage by Marcus peters but besides that Talib almost s--- him out

No both of those receivers cannot beat top corners and fold like origami against them. Lockett and Evans can only score on weak corners

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

No both of those receivers cannot beat top corners and fold like origami against them. Lockett and Evans can only score on weak corners

Sad but true I own both and they been boom or bust and its very disappointing, ones 6’5 and the other is crazy fast and a good route runner ...... but seems like they always get shut  down against top 8 corner backs

46 minutes ago, Brye said:

Hold on. Is “Shut” being censored? Or you just didn’t want to spell it out? Or “s—-“ is something else? I am confused. 

3 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Hold on. Is “Shut” being censored? Or you just didn’t want to spell it out? Or “s—-“ is something else? I am confused. 

I is next to the U I have big fingers 😂

On 9/29/2019 at 10:46 PM, owenmills said:

Yeah it seems like the Seahawks have done this for a long time. Get a lead, go conservative and don't put the team away whereas a lot of other teams up 20-3 would stomp on the other team's throat in the second half and make sure the game was over. I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I've owned Wilson/Lockett a lot over the years and it just seems like they only feast when they're losing and they're forced to open it up. 

This. So much this. In a strange way the more likely the Seachickens are to dominate their game the worse the passing game will do. I've had Wilson in a dynasty for years and you would think I would've learned this lesson. 

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

This. So much this. In a strange way the more likely the Seachickens are to dominate their game the worse the passing game will do. I've had Wilson in a dynasty for years and you would think I would've learned this lesson. 

You’re adopting tumblr lingo?

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

It looks like he was typing on his phone, and maybe it censored the vulgar term for feces. lol

Talib is usually better against bigger, slower WR and Peters is good for a couple blown coverages per game. 

4 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone else have him in your lineup to go for tonight? I'm nervous, I hate TNF games.

Not really any choices.   But I'm OK with it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone else have him in your lineup to go for tonight? I'm nervous, I hate TNF games.

i do too but HYPED to see my hawks/Lockett eat tonight. Hopefully he pulls a Godwin on em.

• Like 1