urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Even the best outside man to man corners struggle in the slot. It’s such a completely different game. I wouldn’t worry at all. 

I think the problem is that he just doesn't get that many targets.  Combine this with a very good CB, then it could be a tough game for Lockett.

Not that I'll sit him.   But I won't be surprised if he only gives me 8 PPR points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No CB can keep up with Lockett for an extended period of time. Just so happens his QB is the absolute best at extending plays and connecting deep with his WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe he's probably going to finish as a borderline WR1 off absurd efficiency again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea given how Seattle is running the ball there is no need to throw it to Lockett as much.. i just hope that his targets increase by 1-3 so that we feel safer rolling him out on a weekly basis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Ryansm11 said:

And juju toasted him. Start Lockett, he’s a stud. 

 

But Boyd only got 3 Receptions for 10 yards. Maybe someone can chime as the why Juju played well and Boyd didn’t? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

 

But Boyd only got 3 Receptions for 10 yards. Maybe someone can chime as the why Juju played well and Boyd didn’t? 

 

Steelers have a great o-line. Bengals don't have an o-line and Dalton is hot garbage when pressured. Wilson is the absolute best at extending and connecting on broken plays so you should feel very confident.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

 

But Boyd only got 3 Receptions for 10 yards. Maybe someone can chime as the why Juju played well and Boyd didn’t? 

Juju is elite. Boyd is just good.

 

ill be more serious lol, juju busted a 40 yard touchdown. Also, the bengals are terrible. 

Edited by Ryansm11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Steelers have a great o-line. Bengals don't have an o-line and Dalton is hot garbage when pressured. Wilson is the absolute best at extending and connecting on broken plays so you should feel very confident.

Dalton actually has the 10th best qb rating when pressured this season. It's his clean pocket rating that is bad.

spacer.png

 

Idk why I saved this, but your comment reminded me that I had this

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another solid performance from Lockett on limited usage. Gotta love the next couple of matchups vs. the Falcons and Bucs. Feels like he is due for a big game soon here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Another solid performance from Lockett on limited usage. Gotta love the next couple of matchups vs. the Falcons and Bucs. Feels like he is due for a big game soon here. 

Bucs maybe, if they can score points. The Falcons? I mean that game didn't benefit any of the Rams receivers. They got up on Atlanta then just killed the clock. Be careful what you wish for, because you make get it in a negative way. Atlanta has "Carson" written all over it.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it's too bad that week 2 and 3 were anomalies, Lockett has still performed well given he's only seeing 4-6 targets a game. I suspect that will be his usage moving forward. He won't be a WR1 all of us were hoping for, but he'll be a solid WR2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Bucs maybe, if they can score points. The Falcons? I mean that game didn't benefit any of the Rams receivers. They got up on Atlanta then just killed the clock. Be careful what you wish for, because you make get it in a negative way. Atlanta has "Carson" written all over it.


Yea I 100% know what you mean, but against a leaky defense like that, I think Wilson will be slinging a couple of long TD passes. Hopefully one will be to Lockett 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Sivaro said:

A surprise release to me was Jaron Brown., he was slated to start and looked to me to have a role in the offense.   

What this tells me as that Metcalf is going to play and they are expecting big things, with Moore out still, a player to watch is John Ursua ( depending on Moores status)

I am not high on Lockett.

 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, wendellrott said:

 

Let's talk about this say.... week 7 

 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, Sivaro said:

 

I am in.  But, the real question is what round did you draft him in?  I am avoiding, but you sound like you believe, so, what did you have him at for ADP? Week 7, we can come back and see where he lands.

 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Sivaro said:

Alright then.

 

Most sites have Lockett as a top 15-20 receiver (18 on Fantasy Pros) .  So you did good drafting him were you did       My guess is he is not in the top 25.

Let the games begin!

 

Lockett is the #3 Highest Scoring WR in one League 4th in my other

 

I WIN !!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You were right.

giphy.gif

 

He is listed as the number 9 WR in Yahoo 1/2 PPR scoring.  He is legit.

 

I still don't like him, but would love to have had him in my team now.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sSektor said:

He's so underused it's criminal. Him being this efficient still is unreal.

It's crazy.   He's a Carson injury away from being a top 5ish WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, FitzMagic said:

Bucs maybe, if they can score points. The Falcons? I mean that game didn't benefit any of the Rams receivers. They got up on Atlanta then just killed the clock. Be careful what you wish for, because you make get it in a negative way. Atlanta has "Carson" written all over it.

While it could be another big Carson game, the Rams o-line is horrid, while Seattle's isn’t nearly as bad. Russ will have plenty of time to find Lockett, and Goff is just trash at the moment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheINC said:

While it could be another big Carson game, the Rams o-line is horrid, while Seattle's isn’t nearly as bad. Russ will have plenty of time to find Lockett, and Goff is just trash at the moment.  

Some of your points kind of confirm that it should be a big Carson game. 

Edited by K197040
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Some of your points kind of confirm that it should be a big Carson game. 

As we’ve seen all season, Lockett doesn’t need much to work with to have a solid fantasy day. And I fail to see how playing the Falcons is a downgrade, is all. 

Edited by TheINC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheINC said:

As we’ve seen all season, Lockett doesn’t need much to work with to have a solid fantasy day. And I fail to see how playing the Falcons is a downgrade, is all. 

My bad.  I had to go back and reread your posts.  I get what you're saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lockett is going to feast this weekend. The Falcons haven’t been able to contain slot WRs all year. Looks like Matt Ryan may suit up. Hopefully he won’t be garbage so we can get some shootout action. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FinsUp24 said:

Lockett is going to feast this weekend. The Falcons haven’t been able to contain slot WRs all year. Looks like Matt Ryan may suit up. Hopefully he won’t be garbage so we can get some shootout action. 

I'd take hobbled Matt Ryan over Matt backup job Schaub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 4:34 PM, atdharris said:

While it's too bad that week 2 and 3 were anomalies, Lockett has still performed well given he's only seeing 4-6 targets a game. I suspect that will be his usage moving forward. He won't be a WR1 all of us were hoping for, but he'll be a solid WR2

 

He is WR10ish in most leagues and will likely have 1 or 2 monster games down the stretch. Im not sure what WR1 is defined at officially, but he is close.

Edited by dmb3684

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.