urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

No Matt Ryan this week... there’s any hope for a potential shootout 😕

Yeah...that sucks for Lockett.  Was hoping for a huge game.  Still, as bad as the Falcons’ secondary is, I expect him to at least get his 15 PPR points.  And maybe he breaks a long TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has painfully boring 30 carry Carson game written all over it without Ryan. Throw in a Schaub pick 6 and this is gonna be over in the 1st half. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

This has painfully boring 30 carry Carson game written all over it without Ryan. Throw in a Schaub pick 6 and this is gonna be over in the 1st half. 

 

9/120/2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Seattle will lay off the accelerator till the 4th quarter when it will be 35-6 and Lockett already has 140 and 2. If Atlanta stops him it will be the first time all season they’ve stopped someone like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

9/120/2

 

14 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

I don’t think Seattle will lay off the accelerator till the 4th quarter when it will be 35-6 and Lockett already has 140 and 2. If Atlanta stops him it will be the first time all season they’ve stopped someone like him. 

Agree, I think Seattle puts the drubbing on them and only salts the game away after Lockett's had his 160/3 🤫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheINC said:

 

Agree, I think Seattle puts the drubbing on them and only salts the game away after Lockett's had his 160/3 🤫

Agreed, but I’m thinking more along the lines of 195/4 but I’d be willing to split the middle with you.

 

all done on 4 targets, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they can run , he will get zero targets. Pete carroll does not trust Wilson to pass after the super bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

No Matt Ryan this week... there’s any hope for a potential shootout 😕

Ball control with a few passes thrown in for GP

I may pass on Lockett this week for Sutton or Stills.

Edited by DLG10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Ball control with a few passes thrown in for GP

I may pass on Lockett this week for Sutton or Stills.

This is a ridiculous take. A coach will find the point of attack where the other team is most vulnerable and exploit it. Atlanta is THE most vulnerable team against the pass.  The ball control piece will come into play once a comfortable lead is established. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

This is a ridiculous take. A coach will find the point of attack where the other team is most vulnerable and exploit it. Atlanta is THE most vulnerable team against the pass.  The ball control piece will come into play once a comfortable lead is established. 

Agreed. SEA will come out in attack mode. 
 

I see at least 1 big broken play for Lockett today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about overthinking. Just start him. Sure There is a range of outcomes where he gets gamescripted out, but no one has a crystal ball. Start you best players who are catching passes from a good qb, against a weak pass defense. 

Edited by potatoetree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This the week he gets 10+ targets. Going off current efficiency numbers he's probably gonna have 200 yards and 2 TDs, conservatively speaking of course.

Edited by sSektor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sSektor said:

This the week he gets 10+ targets. Going off current efficiency numbers he's probably gonna have 200 yards and 2 TDs, conservatively speaking of course.

DK soaking up all the redzone and endzone money receptions. Lockett is too small down there unless he’s wide open and DK is covered or breaks a long catch and run. 
 

Last game they were both wide open in the endzone. First look and TD, DK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

DK soaking up all the redzone and endzone money receptions. Lockett is too small down there unless he’s wide open and DK is covered or breaks a long catch and run. 
 

Last game they were both wide open in the endzone. First look and TD, DK. 

I’ve seen him make some incredible plays at the goal line. I know DK takes a lot away but, we cant discredit this dude.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lockett is a fantasy unicorn. 

His volume is bad, but his production is elite. Can this really be sustained? Can you be a borderline WR1 on 6 targets per game? Feels like the bottom is going to fall out sooner rather than later. He's catching like 90% of his targets, which is absurd and impossible. 

Edited by ajs723

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Lockett is a fantasy unicorn. 

His volume is bad, but his production is elite. Can this really be sustained? Can you be a borderline WR1 on 6 targets per game? Feels like the bottom is going to fall out sooner rather than later. He's catching like 90% of his targets, which is absurd and impossible. 

We've been asking these questions since early last season.  At this point you can't argue with the results, he is that unicorn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson has some absurd stat on throws past 30 yards where he is always within a yard of his target.  Between Wilson being able to hit a dime from 30+ yards and Lockett's ability to create separation - yeah...I totally buy into these efficiency numbers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

We've been asking these questions since early last season.  At this point you can't argue with the results, he is that unicorn.

He's living off of TD production, and that's the most unreliable source of fantasy production. Just look at Mike Williams. There's no room for error with Lockett. If he's not catching TDs, he's suddenly giving you WR3 production. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He's living off of TD production, and that's the most unreliable source of fantasy production. Just look at Mike Williams. There's no room for error with Lockett. If he's not catching TDs, he's suddenly giving you WR3 production. 

This is honestly the least of my concerns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

This is honestly the least of my concerns. 

Extrapolate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

There's no room for error with Lockett. If he's not catching TDs, he's suddenly giving you WR3 production. 

 

He's a big play threat whenever a play breaks down and has the best play extending QB in the league throwing absolute dimes to him. And now the run-game might decline a bit due to line injuries. WR3 without TDs is an extreme take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

 

Right. This is a terrifying player to own right now. He could very easily go 4/55 several weeks in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.