urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

No Matt Ryan this week... there’s any hope for a potential shootout 😕

Yeah...that sucks for Lockett.  Was hoping for a huge game.  Still, as bad as the Falcons’ secondary is, I expect him to at least get his 15 PPR points.  And maybe he breaks a long TD.

This has painfully boring 30 carry Carson game written all over it without Ryan. Throw in a Schaub pick 6 and this is gonna be over in the 1st half. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

This has painfully boring 30 carry Carson game written all over it without Ryan. Throw in a Schaub pick 6 and this is gonna be over in the 1st half. 

9/120/2

• Like 1

I don’t think Seattle will lay off the accelerator till the 4th quarter when it will be 35-6 and Lockett already has 140 and 2. If Atlanta stops him it will be the first time all season they’ve stopped someone like him. 

22 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

9/120/2

14 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

I don’t think Seattle will lay off the accelerator till the 4th quarter when it will be 35-6 and Lockett already has 140 and 2. If Atlanta stops him it will be the first time all season they’ve stopped someone like him. 

Agree, I think Seattle puts the drubbing on them and only salts the game away after Lockett's had his 160/3 🤫

9 hours ago, TheINC said:

Agree, I think Seattle puts the drubbing on them and only salts the game away after Lockett's had his 160/3 🤫

Agreed, but I’m thinking more along the lines of 195/4 but I’d be willing to split the middle with you.

all done on 4 targets, of course.

If they can run , he will get zero targets. Pete carroll does not trust Wilson to pass after the super bowl

18 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

No Matt Ryan this week... there’s any hope for a potential shootout 😕

Ball control with a few passes thrown in for GP

I may pass on Lockett this week for Sutton or Stills.

Edited by DLG10

16 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Ball control with a few passes thrown in for GP

I may pass on Lockett this week for Sutton or Stills.

This is a ridiculous take. A coach will find the point of attack where the other team is most vulnerable and exploit it. Atlanta is THE most vulnerable team against the pass.  The ball control piece will come into play once a comfortable lead is established. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

This is a ridiculous take. A coach will find the point of attack where the other team is most vulnerable and exploit it. Atlanta is THE most vulnerable team against the pass.  The ball control piece will come into play once a comfortable lead is established. 

Agreed. SEA will come out in attack mode. 

I see at least 1 big broken play for Lockett today.

Talk about overthinking. Just start him. Sure There is a range of outcomes where he gets gamescripted out, but no one has a crystal ball. Start you best players who are catching passes from a good qb, against a weak pass defense. 

Edited by potatoetree

This the week he gets 10+ targets. Going off current efficiency numbers he's probably gonna have 200 yards and 2 TDs, conservatively speaking of course.

Edited by sSektor

6 hours ago, sSektor said:

This the week he gets 10+ targets. Going off current efficiency numbers he's probably gonna have 200 yards and 2 TDs, conservatively speaking of course.

DK soaking up all the redzone and endzone money receptions. Lockett is too small down there unless he’s wide open and DK is covered or breaks a long catch and run. 

Last game they were both wide open in the endzone. First look and TD, DK. 

10 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

DK soaking up all the redzone and endzone money receptions. Lockett is too small down there unless he’s wide open and DK is covered or breaks a long catch and run. 

Last game they were both wide open in the endzone. First look and TD, DK. 

I’ve seen him make some incredible plays at the goal line. I know DK takes a lot away but, we cant discredit this dude.

• Like 1

Lockett is a fantasy unicorn. 

His volume is bad, but his production is elite. Can this really be sustained? Can you be a borderline WR1 on 6 targets per game? Feels like the bottom is going to fall out sooner rather than later. He's catching like 90% of his targets, which is absurd and impossible. 

Edited by ajs723

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Lockett is a fantasy unicorn. 

His volume is bad, but his production is elite. Can this really be sustained? Can you be a borderline WR1 on 6 targets per game? Feels like the bottom is going to fall out sooner rather than later. He's catching like 90% of his targets, which is absurd and impossible. 

We've been asking these questions since early last season.  At this point you can't argue with the results, he is that unicorn.

Wilson has some absurd stat on throws past 30 yards where he is always within a yard of his target.  Between Wilson being able to hit a dime from 30+ yards and Lockett's ability to create separation - yeah...I totally buy into these efficiency numbers.  

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

We've been asking these questions since early last season.  At this point you can't argue with the results, he is that unicorn.

He's living off of TD production, and that's the most unreliable source of fantasy production. Just look at Mike Williams. There's no room for error with Lockett. If he's not catching TDs, he's suddenly giving you WR3 production. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He's living off of TD production, and that's the most unreliable source of fantasy production. Just look at Mike Williams. There's no room for error with Lockett. If he's not catching TDs, he's suddenly giving you WR3 production. 

This is honestly the least of my concerns. 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

This is honestly the least of my concerns. 

Extrapolate.

9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

There's no room for error with Lockett. If he's not catching TDs, he's suddenly giving you WR3 production. 

He's a big play threat whenever a play breaks down and has the best play extending QB in the league throwing absolute dimes to him. And now the run-game might decline a bit due to line injuries. WR3 without TDs is an extreme take.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Right. This is a terrifying player to own right now. He could very easily go 4/55 several weeks in a row.