urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Right. This is a terrifying player to own right now. He could very easily go 4/55 several weeks in a row. 

I want to trade him, but his match up against Tampa is just tooooo juicy. Im trying to deal him after this week

19 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Right. This is a terrifying player to own right now. He could very easily go 4/55 several weeks in a row. 

This is a list of Wide Receivers who have had less than 2 single digit fantasy game this season;

Michael Thomas (0)

Tyler Lockett (1)

You need to relax.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ball So Hard said:

This is a list of Wide Receivers who have had less than 2 single digit fantasy game this season;

Michael Thomas (0)

Tyler Lockett (1)

You need to relax.

John Brown up in there as well ... has only had one.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Cooper Kupp too. Of course depending on what type of scoring we are talking about? I know in PPR only one single digit game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Cooper Kupp too. Of course depending on what type of scoring we are talking about? I know in PPR only one single digit game.

For all intents and purposes, you could add Cooper.  He had one game with 9.8.   Throwing out the game where he left after the first catch.

35 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

Michael Thomas (0)

Tyler Lockett (1)

You need to relax.

The number one predictor of fantasy success is target volume. Lockett is a 6 target per game player. That puts him in company with players like Agholor, Marvin Jones, and Sanu. 

Lockett is better than those guys, but you don't get fantasy points for being good. You have to get opportunities to produce stats, Lockett is getting shockingly few opportunities.. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

The number one predictor of fantasy success is target volume. Lockett is a 6 target per game player. That puts him in company with players like Agholor, Marvin Jones, and Sanu. 

Lockett is better than those guys, but you don't get fantasy points for being good. You have to get opportunities to produce stats, Lockett is get tingly shockingly few opportunities.. 

I'll take 6 target from Wilson the Wizard over 8-10 targets from just about any other QB's in the league.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Godwin would also be on this list. As would ARob. As would Sutton. Thielen, pretty much as well. I'm sure there are others as well, but you get the point. 

21 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Godwin would also be on this list. As would ARob. As would Sutton. Thielen, pretty much as well. I'm sure there are others as well, but you get the point. 

Tyrell Williams has zero when healthy.

Alshon has just 1.

39 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Lockett is better than those guys, but you don't get fantasy points for being good. You have to get opportunities to produce stats, Lockett is getting shockingly few opportunities.. 

What about yards/reception?

1 hour ago, Ball So Hard said:

Michael Thomas (0)

Tyler Lockett (1)

You need to relax.

This point being shredded to pieces in less than 60 minutes was truly marvelous to watch. 

• Haha 2

I was basing the single digit stat off of 1/2 PPR. Thomas and Lockett is the list, there is no one else for 1/2 PPR. 

As for the target share thing, not all targets are equal. A Tyler Lockett target is essentially a Tyler Lockett catch. Lockett has caught 46 of his 54 targets, (24 of 26 the last 5 games) Compare that to Tyler Boyd, 51 of 83 targets, Keenan Allen 51 of 80 targets, or even Edelman 53 on 79 targets. 

This hyper efficiency isn't anything new either, Lockett caught 57 of 70 targets last season too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Didn't Lockett due the same last year, lots of production with a lesser amount of targets? 

Yep. And I thought the same thing as all of the posters above for the first few weeks and then realized he was producing every single week so he became a set it and forget it WR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

it may be the #1 predictor,  but certainly not the only game in town.   This is a trend for both Wilson and Lockett,  and I can’t see it changing anytime soon.   12-15 pts weekly with the occasional blowup/multi TD game.    

Currently wr9 in standard, wr11 in .5 PPR.  And as consistent as they come.
yeah..that’s a set and forget.  

• Like 2

Hmm, I don’t like that it could potentially impact target share. But surely this hurts Metcalf far worse than Lockett.

Always the question of does it end up impacting number of targets or quality of targets more?

How Does the arrival of Josh Gordon impact Lockett? 

I feel that Gordon is just an upgrade over Jaron Brown and David Moore. And can step into a bigger role if Metcalf or Lockett get injured better than the other fringe wr on this team. 

I'm hoping he doesn't pull away from Locketts already low targets. 

Notably Lockett tends to come from the slot position mostly so maybe he is less impacted by Gordon 

Edited by potatoetree

Unless Russell starts locking into Gordon for some reason, it shouldn’t effect Lockett much. Gordon is basically a veteran version of Metcalf

I think this impacts Metcalf more personally, I feel Gordon and Metcalf play a more similar position then that of Lockett...

that’s my hope anyway, otherwise after this weekend I may need to seriously get rid of him..

• Like 1

It's obviously not particularly good news, but Lockett does most of his damage on high efficiency anyways, and I don't see him losing his 5-7 targets per game. This probably makes both Metcalf and Gordon high-volatility flex options though since they'll probably trade fantasy relevant weeks given the lack of passing volume in Seattle.

• Like 1

Possibly an indication the Seahawks want to open up the passing offense more? Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon is an absurd receiving core to be throwing 20 times a game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

It's obviously not particularly good news, but Lockett does most of his damage on high efficiency anyways, and I don't see him losing his 5-7 targets per game. This probably makes both Metcalf and Gordon high-volatility flex options though since they'll probably trade fantasy relevant weeks given the lack of passing volume in Seattle.

Agreed, Lockett wasn't getting a lot of targets anyway, this move probably affects the other WRs more than Lockett's target share.

Edited by ZappB

When you have the kind of chemistry Lockett and Wilson have, I think anything else that pulls away some defensive attention is just going to help. Lockett will still be his guy, and he’s shown week in and week out that he doesn’t need big volume.This doesn’t really move the needle much at all for me. 

17 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

When you have the kind of chemistry Lockett and Wilson have, I think anything else that pulls away some defensive attention is just going to help. Lockett will still be his guy, and he’s shown week in and week out that he doesn’t need big volume.This doesn’t really move the needle much at all for me. 

Agreed- Lockett has his own role in this offense and it’s not dependent on who plays beside him.  

This could effect DKs RZ targets and possibly 2wr snap share-  but even that is a big maybe.   I see Gordon as more of an upgrade to Jaron/Moore.   Something to monitor for sure. 

Edited by Impreza178

Agreed with most in here. I see this opening up the field more for Lockett... more single coverage(which we know he can best almost anytime. Really not all that worried... DK on the other hand 🧐

• Like 1