urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

for those who are averse to clicking ...

So...first of all I'm glad he's fine.

But I'm hoping, "OK" means that he's 100% in two weeks.  Or at least playing.

Edited by K197040

18 minutes ago, K197040 said:

So...first of all I'm glad he's fine.

But I'm hoping, "OK" means that he's 100% in two weeks.  Or at least playing.

Yeah like he's OK because he didn't lose his leg, or he'll be ok to play soon. We probably won't hear much real news until next week when they resume practicing. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Sounds like he's okay. 

In other news, that guy has some major ears on him. I thought I had big ears. 

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I’m thinking he misses at least 1 game

Not what carrol said ..... buddy 

49 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I’m thinking he misses at least 1 game

Yup, will miss week 11 for sure

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Oh my...Mickey Mouse long lost cousin. 

11 hours ago, Brye said:

Not what carrol said ..... buddy 

Carroll is notorious for embellishing player news. You can never take what he says seriously.

They are going to need Lockett down the stretch so I'd bet on a 1 game absence as well to make sure he's 100%, and I'm fine with that. As long as I have him for the playoffs, I'm good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Carroll is notorious for embellishing player news. You can never take what he says seriously.

They are going to need Lockett down the stretch so I'd bet on a 1 game absence as well to make sure he's 100%, and I'm fine with that. As long as I have him for the playoffs, I'm good. 

I’ll bet on what the team and coach says.  

expecting Lockett back after the bye unless further news breaks. 

I think it’s reasonable to expect that what the coach says is the more likely outcome.

At the same time, it’s prudent to recognize Carrol is notorious for being overly positive about player recovery timelines, so if there’s something you can/need to do to prep your fantasy team for a Lockett absence, then I think that’s wise as well. That could mean rostering a WR that has a good week 12 matchup, when you might otherwise lean towards a different player.

But if there’s nothing you can do for your fantasy team one way or the other, we might as well accept Carrol’s comment at face value and see how things trend over the next couple weeks.

Edited by gufomel

It's pointless to go back & forth about it. Nobody here really knows. Coachspeak isn't completely meaningless but it's not too far off. It does make me feel a little warm and fuzzy that Carroll said that and not 'yeah he may miss a week or two'

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

I’ll bet on what the team and coach says.  

expecting Lockett back after the bye unless further news breaks. 

Fair enough, but I wouldn't bet a lot on that specific coach. FTR I hope you're right. 

44 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Fair enough, but I wouldn't bet a lot on that specific coach. FTR I hope you're right. 

point taken-  Carroll is not to be trusted outright.   But I haven’t examined Lockett...nor do I have any medical expertise in this field.    So any guess other than what the team and outside experts have indicated is meaningless.    No offense to you personally,  maybe you know more about this injury than I have credited you.   

51 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Pete "Positive" Carroll has a documented history of hyping the quick return of injured players who are not ready to play and produce. 

• Like 1

Yeah it is all a guessing game until next week, but as many have pointed out, I take everything Positive Pete says with a giant salt grain.

It is only prudent to prepare for this being a 'games missed' type of situation imo.

While you can doubt him, the fact he has a bye this week is great news and gives him time to heal up and rest. If he had a game this week, sure, he wouldn't play. Amari Cooper played with the same type of injury. I doubt he's out more than 1 game, if at all. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, atdharris said:

While you can doubt him, the fact he has a bye this week is great news and gives him time to heal up and rest. If he had a game this week, sure, he wouldn't play. Amari Cooper played with the same type of injury. I doubt he's out more than 1 game, if at all. 

Except that Cooper's didn't require an overnight stay at a hospital.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Except that Cooper's didn't require an overnight stay at a hospital.

It could have been precautionary, but as I said, I'm sure he'd miss this week if SEA had a game. We'll just have to see if he's available next week. 

• Like 1

Who knows if Schefter is reporting “he’ll be ready to play vs Philly” based off of anything more than Carrol’s comments, but at least it’s Schefter reporting this and not the Rap fraud.