urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

upside WR2?  Have these guys watched the NFL this year?

Updating a previous report, Tyler Lockett (shin) was officially limited in practice Wednesday.

Lockett is tracking towards playing Week 12, but it would be nice for him to get in a full practice before Sunday. Coach Pete Carroll has been optimistic about Lockett's chances of playing against the Eagles' beatable secondary. Assuming he's cleared, Lockett will be an upside WR2.

DJ Chark is a solid flex play I assume too

27 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

upside WR2?  Have these guys watched the NFL this year?

Just rotoworld being rotoworld..

7 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Any updates on today

Do we even need one? He's been confirmed to be ready to play since last week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

All things trending in the right direction!

One week?  Did Gregg misplace his calendar?  Almost two weeks.  Jeezus Gregg, get it together, man.

Edited by Goatstain3

For anyone who watched this game, what happened with Lockett? That was a real dud.

Looking at the box score, Rashad Penny went 14/129/1 for 9.2 a carry, so I'm guessing the running game worked so well they didn't need to throw and Seattle's D did there part in limiting the Eagles. 

1 hour ago, MurderInc said:

For anyone who watched this game, what happened with Lockett? That was a real dud.

Looking at the box score, Rashad Penny went 14/129/1 for 9.2 a carry, so I'm guessing the running game worked so well they didn't need to throw and Seattle's D did there part in limiting the Eagles. 

Pretty sure Penny was the only person on Seattle that produced anything.  Another weak target game for Lockett, so frustrating.

I don’t see this guy as startable anymore with the upcoming schedule, Seahawks run first o, and Wilson’s poor play. Change my mind

14 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I don’t see this guy as startable anymore with the upcoming schedule, Seahawks run first o, and Wilson’s poor play. Change my mind

It's your funeral I mean team. Follow your gut and bench if that's what you're feeling

31 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I'm not sure what I want to do with him either.

I have to decide between Lockett or Theilen in one league moving forward and not sure what I'll do.  I suspect the injury probably played a small part in Lockett not being a part of the game plan yesterday but it's been all downhill since that TB game.  I'll probably go with him Week 13 against the Vikes but Week 14 against the Rams could be troubling.  Not sure if Ramsey would lock up on him or not. 

He's had a solid season but these past couple games don't instill a lot of confidence.

21 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It's your funeral I mean team. Follow your gut and bench if that's what you're feeling

I think I can replace his weak 5-6 points he has given the last two weeks in ppr. No targets no fun

43 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Lol.

So much over reaction as usual.

That was a tough game on the road in pretty lousy weather. PHI was fired up on D and WIlson did not have much time. In addition, Lockett was coming off injury so for all we know he could have been a decoy.

In week 13, SEA will face MN. They are lock down vs. the run but are horrible in the secondary. If B. Allen (DEN) can throw on them I would gather Wilson will as well. Big bounce back game for SEA air attack.

And then post week 13 this thread will be back to expecting double digit targets and long TDs every week.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think I can replace his weak 5-6 points he has given the last two weeks in ppr. No targets no fun

Just like you told us not too start george “brittle” , yeah your advice is as good as my 2 years olds.  

• Like 2

That was depressing watching all the targets/drops to Metcalf.

How often does Lockett drop a pass? How often does Metcalf drop a pass? Maybe take that into consideration coach!

1 minute ago, beerfish said:

That was depressing watching all the targets/drops to Metcalf.

How often does Lockett drop a pass? How often does Metcalf drop a pass? Maybe take that into consideration coach!

There was also at least 1 other time I remember Lockett getting open behind the defense down the field and Russ checked down without seeing him.  Lockett kinda put his head down and showed some frustration on the play.

Hollister emerging Gordon coming in metcalf getting slightly better each game has dropped lockets stock big time. No one is really a true number 1 on this team. Wilson is going to be spreading it around every week. Sure locket will have a couple good games left in him him but say goodbye to that consistency. 

I heard on fantasy radio on sirius that Philly D simply continued their trend of playing well...

Lockett and Russ Wilson both had a down game.

This isn't a Lockett problem. Still a must-start going forward.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, austin316 said:

I heard on fantasy radio on sirius that Philly D simply continued their trend of playing well...

Lockett and Russ Wilson both had a down game.

This isn't a Lockett problem. Still a must-start going forward.

I had actually heard before going into the game that the Eagles have allowed the least points to slot receivers this year. They’re so weak on the outside, that’s where teams attack them. So although the Eagles are a great matchup on paper for WRs, that’s not the case for slot receivers. I don’t have a source, but that’s what I heard on a podcast or read somewhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I had actually heard before going into the game that the Eagles have allowed the least points to slot receivers this year. They’re so weak on the outside, that’s where teams attack them. So although the Eagles are a great matchup on paper for WRs, that’s not the case for slot receivers. I don’t have a source, but that’s what I heard on a podcast or read somewhere. 

Good post.  Looks like it checks out

Wide Receivers vs. Philadelphia Eagles

NAME WK RSH YD TD TARG REC YD TD
Terry McLaurin 1 0 0 0 7 5 125 1
Paul Richardson Jr 1 0 0 0 7 4 36 0
Trey Quinn 1 0 0 0 6 4 33 1
Kelvin Harmon 1 0 0 0 2 2 31 0
Julio Jones 2 0 0 0 10 5 106 2
Calvin Ridley 2 0 0 0 10 8 105 1
Mohamed Sanu 2 0 0 0 7 4 16 0
Marvin Jones Jr 3 0 0 0 9 6 101 1
Danny Amendola 3 0 0 0 5 4 37 0
Kenny Golladay 3 0 0 0 8 2 17 0
Davante Adams 4 0 0 0 15 10 180 0
Geronimo Allison 4 1 7 0 4 3 52 1
Marquez Valdes-Scantling 4 0 0 0 7 3 47 0
Demaryius Thomas 5 0 0 0 9 4 47 0
Vyncint Smith 5 1 19 1 0 0 0 0
Robby Anderson 5 0 0 0 3 1 16 0
Jamison Crowder 5 0 0 0 3 2 10 0
Stefon Diggs 6 2 18 0 11 7 167 3
Adam Thielen 6 1 0 0 8 6 57 1
Olabisi Johnson 6 0 0 0 1 1 16 0
Laquon Treadwell 6 0 0 0 1 1 15 0
Amari Cooper 7 0 0 0 5 5 106 0
Michael Gallup 7 0 0 0 4 3 34 0
Randall Cobb 7 0 0 0 3 2 29 0
Tavon Austin 7 1 20 1 1 0 0 0
John Brown 8 0 0 0 8 5 54 0
Cole Beasley 8 0 0 0 7 3 41 1
Duke Williams 8 0 0 0 2 1 6 0
Taylor Gabriel 9 0 0 0 3 3 69 0
Allen Robinson 9 0 0 0 5 1 6 0
Cordarrelle Patterson 9 0 0 0 1 1 5 0
Julian Edelman 11 0 0 0 10 5 53 0
Phillip Dorsett 11 0 0 0 5 3 33 1
N'Keal Harry 11 0 0 0 4 3 18 0
Mohamed Sanu 11 1 8 0 4 2 4 0
Jakobi Meyers 11 0 0 0 2 1 7 0
Tyler Lockett 12 0 0 0 2 1 38 0
DK Metcalf 12 0 0 0 6 3 35 0
David Moore 12 1 4 0 2 1 31 0
Malik Turner 12 0 0 0 2 1 33 1
Josh Gordon 12 0 0 0 2 1 10 0

• Thanks 1

I didn't have a chance to see how Lockett looked yesterday. Was there any visible limitations from the leg injury?

If he's healthy, you can't worry about a down game. Dude is a WR1 this season. Russ is an MVP candidate and WR can be a volatile position if your name isn't Michael Thomas.