urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

No more Penny. Can only smash Carson so much into the line and keep him healthy for a playoff run. Think im starting this week, with zero confidence 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I have to roll with him this week due to both Evans and Ridley's injuries. Not sure how much confidence I have though this is probably going to be a 25 carry Carson game due to gamescript.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

Think I have to roll with him this week due to both Evans and Ridley's injuries. Not sure how much confidence I have though this is probably going to be a 25 carry Carson game due to gamescript.

 

Don’t know about that. Seattle’s defense isn’t very good right now. Carolina can get it up and down the field, esp with McCaffrey and Moore/Samuel. I’m expecting a shootout in this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you've held Lockett all year and played him as a 3 WR

and now your wondering whether to play him or not

your in the playoffs

 

so woke

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

No more Penny. Can only smash Carson so much into the line and keep him healthy for a playoff run. Think im starting this week, with zero confidence 😂


This.

 

Was going to start Marvin Jones over him until a few hours ago...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guwop said:

breakout year they said...smh

Well, it was - if only the season were 9 weeks long.

I as well was going to start Marvin until the injury imp took him as well (didn't even know he was hurt).

It all depends on waivers now whether I play Lockett or not. Trying like hell not to start him I'll say that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Well, it was - if only the season were 9 weeks long.

I as well was going to start Marvin until the injury imp took him as well (didn't even know he was hurt).

It all depends on waivers now whether I play Lockett or not. Trying like hell not to start him I'll say that. 

 

I don't see much in the way of options on the waiver wire to replace Lockett. I'd like to, but don't think I will. Probably bite my tongue and hope for the best.

If you're in a competitive / somewhat large league you are looking at alternatives such as B. Perriman, J. Watson, D. Amendola, I. Ford, R. Gage, etc.

I'd kill myself if Lockett is on my bench and Russell finds him deep twice...and I. Ford gives me 1-8-0.

Rolling out Lockett. Hoping the trend continues up and the floor is 5-50-0 and the ceiling is 8-110-2. He's certainly due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

 

I don't see much in the way of options on the waiver wire to replace Lockett. I'd like to, but don't think I will. Probably bite my tongue and hope for the best.

If you're in a competitive / somewhat large league you are looking at alternatives such as B. Perriman, J. Watson, D. Amendola, I. Ford, R. Gage, etc.

I'd kill myself if Lockett is on my bench and Russell finds him deep twice...and I. Ford gives me 1-8-0.

Rolling out Lockett. Hoping the trend continues up and the floor is 5-50-0 and the ceiling is 8-110-2. He's certainly due.

 

 I stashed slayton+pascal as my lockett replacements. I still don't like it but he is the definition of a boom or bust wr now on a team that does not have to throw the ball very often.  Also unlike what he did with Baldwin Wilson is not feeding Lockett, he is ditributing the ball amongst all of the pass catchers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The results the past few games say he is still not healthy.  I would like to know his Next Gen speed stats. 

 

His separation in week 14 was 2.99 -- basically the same as his last big game (week 9) when it was 2.95.  So maybe he is healthy?  Even so, thinking of benching him for AJ Brown

Edited by EWV1
adding info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all crazy.

 

Start Lockett.

 

Ill be back Monday to say I Told You So.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmb3684 said:

You guys are all crazy.

 

Start Lockett.

 

Ill be back Monday to say I Told You So.

 

I'll be starting him again.  My reasoning though is that I'm playing against him in one league and have him in the other.  So hopefully I'm at least happy in one of the leagues lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible that decent CB James Bradberry, who usually focuses on the top perimeter WR, shadows Metcalf.

That would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

It's possible that decent CB James Bradberry, who usually focuses on the top perimeter WR, shadows Metcalf.

That would help.

 

Well....The Ram's had Ramsey on Metcalf all game best I could tell.  So they clearly weren't bothered with trying to lock down Lockett and were viewing Metcalf as the guy to stop.

I'd think the Vikings would do the same.

Metcalf is clearly the more dangerous guy right now in that passing attack.  He's turned into their main possession guy, he's a big play threat and a red zone threat.

No sense trying to shackle the guy who hasn't cracked 50 yards in the past month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused by the Metcalf love. He has crap numbers over the last month too, less points on the season , less proven upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm confused by the Metcalf love. He has crap numbers over the last month too, less points on the season , less proven upside. 

 

The last 5 games he's had at least 6 catches for 70 or more yards in all but 1 game.  And just watching the games, you can see with the way he's being targeted he's the main option in the passing game and was the first read on the play.  On the other hand, it feels like most of Lockett's looks happen on broken plays or last second dump offs except for maybe 1 or 2 deep shots he's gotten.

Metcalf just feels like the better play right now to me from watching the last handful of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

The last 5 games he's had at least 6 catches for 70 or more yards in all but 1 game.  And just watching the games, you can see with the way he's being targeted he's the main option in the passing game and was the first read on the play.  On the other hand, it feels like most of Lockett's looks happen on broken plays or last second dump offs except for maybe 1 or 2 deep shots he's gotten.

Metcalf just feels like the better play right now to me from watching the last handful of games.

 

10

9

5

9

 

Those are DKs last 4 games in PPR. Not much better than Lockett. Targets are nice but Lockett does a lot more with his.

Edited by dmb3684

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm confused by the Metcalf love. He has crap numbers over the last month too, less points on the season , less proven upside. 

 

Big, fast, strng downfield threat, creates a huge matchup problem for defenses but his position skills are not at the level of his physical skills to domntate defenders. . yet. Next year he should elevate to the next after the offseason. i wouldnt be surprised if he becomes a top 5 wr assuming he makes the techical skills jump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Big, fast, strng downfield threat, creates a huge matchup problem for defenses but his position skills are not at the level of his physical skills to domntate defenders. . yet. Next year he should elevate to the next after the offseason. i wouldnt be surprised if he becomes a top 5 wr assuming he makes the techical skills jump. 

 

Oh yeah. I have no problems with DK. He should be a beast long term. I'm just saying, for this season / game, their floors are really similar and Lockett's ceiling is demonstrably higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lockett dropped a 30 spot what like 6 weeks ago? Lots of ebbs and flows to the fantasy season. He is due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locket has only 1 double-digit road game (out of 7 road games) in standard leagues this season: 10 pts at ATL week 8.

Target splits are negligible (8-5+ home v road - his 18-target game home v TB really skews this as well):

39 in 7 road games

48 in 6 home games

The ATL game was a 1P ET kickoff like tomorrow's game.

None of this info tilts the scales imo - just one more factor to consider - I'm really struggling with the decision so looking for stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.