urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Locket has only 1 double-digit road game (out of 7 road games) in standard leagues this season: 10 pts at ATL week 8.

Target splits are negligible (8-5+ home v road - his 18-target game home v TB really skews this as well):

39 in 7 road games

48 in 6 home games

The ATL game was a 1P ET kickoff like tomorrow's game.

None of this info tilts the scales imo - just one more factor to consider - I'm really struggling with the decision so looking for stuff.

Appreciate the info.  I am also in a similar situation.  Going back and forth between Lockett and Deebo, and I'm no closer to making a decision today, than I was four days ago.  I'm looking for something, anything, that points me in a specific direction.  I truly have no idea, who I'm going to start.  May just flip a coin.  Seriously.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Appreciate the info.  I am also in a similar situation.  Going back and forth between Lockett and Deebo, and I'm no closer to making a decision today, than I was four days ago.  I'm looking for something, anything, that points me in a specific direction.  I truly have no idea, who I'm going to start.  May just flip a coin.  Seriously.

Well as the stats show Lockett's best game on the road was ATL and SF gets them at home. Deebo is by far the "hot hand" right now - it would be really tough for me to bench him here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has been without the full assistance of No. 1 wide receiver Tyler Lockett over the last couple of games as the wideout first battled a leg injury and then the illness that had spread throughout Seattle’s locker room.

“Tyler is a huge part of our offense,” Wilson told reporters Thursday. “We want to get him going throughout the game and just get him the football. He’s such a special player. You definitely notice him on the field when he’s making those plays.”

I’m definitely starting Lockett tomorrow , my gut tells me he’s going to have a huge bounce back .  I have a feeling Wilson will Pepper him with targets, expecting anywhere from 8-12 targets , this is Russels boy and gonna feed his boy that big juicy T-Bone steak.  Bradbury will be on Metcalf and bradberry faces really good against big wide receivers and is becoming a true lock down corner , ala Mike Evans, Julio Jones recent stats in the last couple years and those guys are the best in the business . 

1 minute ago, Sonny_D said:

O/U up to 50. Poor defenses, great weather. Gotta roll with him. 

No doubt and like I said Wilson feels bad for his boi it’s redemption time , of you own him and ain’t rolling him out your most definitely going to regret it 

29 minutes ago, Brye said:

No doubt and like I said Wilson feels bad for his boi it’s redemption time , of you own him and ain’t rolling him out your most definitely going to regret it 

LOTS of doubt 

Lockett is a gut feeling play.   Nothing wrong with positive vibes but let’s not pretend otherwise.  They’ve got no shortage of guys who will catch passes from RW-  and will try and pound the ball all game if it works.   

ballsy start based solely on Coachspeak and a pocket full of hope.   

27 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

LOTS of doubt 

Lockett is a gut feeling play.   Nothing wrong with positive vibes but let’s not pretend otherwise.  They’ve got no shortage of guys who will catch passes from RW-  and will try and pound the ball all game if it works.   

ballsy start based solely on Coachspeak and a pocket full of hope.   

I'm with you on this one. My brain says don't play him but my gut says he's going to have a big game.

Lockett is a boom or bust play. If you need upside, Lockett can give you that. He also has a low floor. 

• Like 1

[...] If you think you have a much stronger team than your opponent and have someone else that's been more reliable lately I can see benching him. Nothing like going into a matchup you think you should win and taking a donut from one of your guys.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Yep, going with him over Slayton. I just think it'll be a high scoring game. Look, Lockett was battling a leg injury and illness. Usually when a coach or QB say something, they stick by it some. They'll definitely look to give Lockett more targets this game. He's still the same player that scored:

18.9/38.30/10.9/17.6/14.9/23.8/18.1/41.7

I understand there has been a trend as of late, but it's time to flip that switch. They want this passing game firing on all cylinders pushing into the playoffs. Great game to get Lockett back on track!

6 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Yep, going with him over Slayton. I just think it'll be a high scoring game. Look, Lockett was battling a leg injury and illness. Usually when a coach or QB say something, they stick by it some. They'll definitely look to give Lockett more targets this game. He's still the same player that scored:

18.9/38.30/10.9/17.6/14.9/23.8/18.1/41.7

I understand there has been a trend as of late, but it's time to flip that switch. They want this passing game firing on all cylinders pushing into the playoffs. Great game to get Lockett back on track!

Yeah I mean Wilson didn’t throw a td last game and honestly the last 4 games he’s been average at best at QB so like you said with the playoffs approaching he’s going to pass a lot these next 3 weeks imo and yes they will run but not as much as people think

why do experts have lockett ranked nearly #30 in full ppr on fantasy pros? they even have mclaurin ahead of him, this really shocked me when i checked just now. he was a shoe-in top 12-15 guy!

14 hours ago, Brye said:

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has been without the full assistance of No. 1 wide receiver Tyler Lockett over the last couple of games as the wideout first battled a leg injury and then the illness that had spread throughout Seattle’s locker room.

“Tyler is a huge part of our offense,” Wilson told reporters Thursday. “We want to get him going throughout the game and just get him the football. He’s such a special player. You definitely notice him on the field when he’s making those plays.”

I’m definitely starting Lockett tomorrow , my gut tells me he’s going to have a huge bounce back .  I have a feeling Wilson will Pepper him with targets, expecting anywhere from 8-12 targets , this is Russels boy and gonna feed his boy that big juicy T-Bone steak.  Bradbury will be on Metcalf and bradberry faces really good against big wide receivers and is becoming a true lock down corner , ala Mike Evans, Julio Jones recent stats in the last couple years and those guys are the best in the business . 

I don't place much value in players answering media questions because ultimately it comes down to what they gameplan for and what the defense gives them. Lockett is literally a coin flip boom or bust wr given his recent performance trends.  Sea is not a crap team that has to pass to stay in games like the NYG or Miami.

SEA makes big passing plays setup by the run game and a QB that can get the ball to any wr so it's very difficult to predict Locketts production.

Edited by dashoe

I'm going with Lockett.  Boom or bust guy but he's been busy long enough to finally warrant a possible boom.  He's healthier each week, has a good matchup, and at least had an increase of targets last week.  He's going in my flex.  My other options are John Brown and Marlon Mack.  Don't see Brown doing much but Mack against a top Rb defense in NO 🤔

Rotoworld blurb writers are an absolute freaking joke this season. "Can't be trusted as anything more than a low-end WR3". As if WR don't commonly go on bad stretches especially coming off injuries. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, dmb3684 said:

You guys are all crazy.

Start Lockett.

Ill be back Monday to say I Told You So.

Boom.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Boom.

Today is Monday and you posted this on Sunday 😂

Good to see him get back on track,  I had a good feeling he would. I needed him to come through bad with Evans and Ridley injuries. Looking forward to AZ now he didn't do so well last time they played, but I have to start.

He’s was still down 10 pounds from the flu Sunday. He was sick, and not recovered. Not to mention he was injured before that.

Give us one more boom Tyler, and I’ll be a proud owner! All damn year too.

• Like 1