AF25

German Marquez 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, absmoke said:

Not sure how Colorado's road offense is relevant for a Coors game. Their offense as a whole is .309/.371/.527 in Coors lol

Your assertion that the Rockies are a better offense than the giants I think is up for debate.  Road offense is more of a true measure of actual offense since stats are spread out over different stadiums/conditions. 

On 7/16/2019 at 1:11 PM, jmcampbe11 said:

I just picked up Sonny Gray in a 10 team league and I would rather own him than Marquez at this point. 

Well.... yeah.

The Rockies should sell him.  They aren’t going anywhere and have holes galore.  They won’t do it tho.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Robby Keane said:

I'm buying in dynasty if we're being honest, start him on road bench at home

That’s not really a pitcher I want to own though. The Ks are nice, but when you can’t even trust the guy at home no matter the matchup it’s tough to keep him around, although I am in a deeper league. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redsfan34 said:

That’s not really a pitcher I want to own though. The Ks are nice, but when you can’t even trust the guy at home no matter the matchup it’s tough to keep him around, although I am in a deeper league. 

I agree with you, also should've mentioned its a 14 teamer that I'm pretty short on starting pitcher where I'm buying.

7 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

And of course he dominates the Yankees at Yankee Stadium.

He has had 2 good games in the past month and a half, against the Yankees and Dodgers.  I can't be the only one who benched him for both those and have ate all his other crap outings. 😡😡😡

• Like 1

Marquez and all of his owners would be the last ones who sing this....

Image result for country road take me home gif

3 hours ago, Illusion_J said:

He has had 2 good games in the past month and a half, against the Yankees and Dodgers.  I can't be the only one who benched him for both those and have ate all his other crap outings. 😡😡😡

Why the hell do you own him if you don't start him on the road? 

6 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Benching Marquez against the top 2 offences in baseball doesn't seem like an unreasonable strategy when you aren't talking about one of the top pitchers in baseball, particularly this year.  Doesn't mean I haven't started him every other road game.  I didn't draft him with the intention to only start him on road games and I'm sure most people in this thread didn't either, otherwise we wouldn't have drafted him!

8 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Obviously because he's pitching against a top 2 offense in a very HR heavy ballpark.

1 hour ago, herschel said:

So we trusting him this week at cinci?

I trust him anywhere not named Coors

Just as he’s regaining his form...

Rockies' German Marquez: Suffers apparent leg injury
13 mins ago | by RotoWire Staff

Marquez was removed from Wednesday's game against the Dodgers with an apparent leg injury, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports.

Marquez appeared to twist his ankle while throwing a warmup pitch prior to the seventh inning and had to be helped off the field. The right-hander was dominant prior to suffering the injury, allowing just two hits and no walks while striking out 10 across six scoreless innings.

Just now, herschel said:

Just as he’s regaining his form...

Rockies' German Marquez: Suffers apparent leg injury
13 mins ago | by RotoWire Staff

Marquez was removed from Wednesday's game against the Dodgers with an apparent leg injury, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports.

Marquez appeared to twist his ankle while throwing a warmup pitch prior to the seventh inning and had to be helped off the field. The right-hander was dominant prior to suffering the injury, allowing just two hits and no walks while striking out 10 across six scoreless innings.

Twitter is saying cramps 

• Thanks 1

any post game update?  he just started coming into form so would hate to see him miss a start....

On 7/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, herschel said:

any post game update?  he just started coming into form so would hate to see him miss a start....

I'm trying to find something too.  Read something on Scout.com saying he's expected to make his next start, but they didn't cite any team sources.