Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Starting to think about Kareem.... had a slow start to the season and will need to close out on a run. 

If he could help me win the final 3 - 4 games of the season, and be a starting RB for a playoff run, it could make sense for the bench spot.

Thoughts? The earliest he could come back is week 8 or 9?

What?? slow start to the season?  = he's suspended till week 8

Starting RB for a playoff run? - what do u think they're going to do with Chubb?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He had an 8 games suspension so I’d think he comes back week 9

He is eligible to return to the field on Sunday Nov. 10 when the Browns host the Buffalo Bills.

• Thanks 1

Guys.

8 game suspension. Browns have a bye in Week 7.

Hunt is first eligible for Week 10.

Edited by UVA_Drew

Chubb is the man! Might be some 70/30. Split. Just enough to hurt Chubb a little and make Hunt a risky start and TD dependent.

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He is eligible to return to the field on Sunday Nov. 10 when the Browns host the Buffalo Bills.

Holy eff, lol I thought of chiefs and their week 12 bye instead of browns. 

Wait, hold up. Why week 10? Browns bye is week 7

wait I figured it out. 8 game sus, not 8 week. We gucci 

Edited by bhawks489

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

What?? slow start to the season?  = he's suspended till week 8

Starting RB for a playoff run? - what do u think they're going to do with Chubb?

Sorry Holmes, had an implied ("I") in there.... I'm on a fantasy forum talking about my fantasy team.

I had a slow start to the season (thanks JuJu + Diggs) and am looking how to close out strong.

Have AJ Green, hoping he can be a strong producer down the stretch... if Hunt could help do that he'd be valuable too.

But yeah, eligible week 10, probably won't get a bunch of touches, makes it tough. Am I really going to start him weeks 11-12? 

We'll see, either way will keep him on my Watch List so I don't forget haha

The only way Hunt sees significant touches is if Chubb gets hurt or the coaching staff completely loses their minds. Chubb is so much better than Hunt.

It's tempting because of what he did in KC but this will not be a split. Chubb is and will be the guy. So you're essentially picking up a handcuff who wouldn't be startable for nearly two months who would only be startable if Chubb went down. Just not worth it. 

There are guys like Armstead, Edmonds, JWill, etc. who are available in quite a few leagues who could be bellcows as soon as next week with an injury. I'd much rather roster them. Come week 8 or so, sure, Hunt might be worth a flier. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 3:30 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

It's tempting because of what he did in KC but this will not be a split. Chubb is and will be the guy. So you're essentially picking up a handcuff who wouldn't be startable for nearly two months who would only be startable if Chubb went down. Just not worth it. 

There are guys like Armstead, Edmonds, JWill, etc. who are available in quite a few leagues who could be bellcows as soon as next week with an injury. I'd much rather roster them. Come week 8 or so, sure, Hunt might be worth a flier. 

And. Same injury risk applies to NC.

However, KH offers elite RB1 upside, which may be nice down the stretch run

On 10/2/2019 at 3:10 PM, obithewan said:

The only way Hunt sees significant touches is if Chubb gets hurt or the coaching staff completely loses their minds. Chubb is so much better than Hunt.

I don't think there's anyway possible to make that statement. Chubb is a stud, and I love the kid. But Hunt was a stud in KC (27 games, nearly 3000 yds, 25 TDs, 4.7 ypc and 10.5 ypr), and we really need to see him on another team before we can really make a fair assessment of him. I do believe Chubb is the better RB, but I don't know that he's "so much better than Hunt." Even this season won't be a great measuring stick because Hunt is missing so much time and because he won't/shouldn't get nearly the touches Chubb will. 

On 10/2/2019 at 3:30 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

It's league dependent. Depends on how many teams, how big the benches, keeper or dynasty or redraft. I have Hunt sitting on my bench (7-man bench) in a 12-team keeper league, and he'd be a 6th rd keeper next season, so I think it's very much worth holding onto him :). Depends on where he signs, of course. 

24 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't think there's anyway possible to make that statement. Chubb is a stud, and I love the kid. But Hunt was a stud in KC (27 games, nearly 3000 yds, 25 TDs, 4.7 ypc and 10.5 ypr), and we really need to see him on another team before we can really make a fair assessment of him. I do believe Chubb is the better RB, but I don't know that he's "so much better than Hunt." Even this season won't be a great measuring stick because Hunt is missing so much time and because he won't/shouldn't get nearly the touches Chubb will.

Is Chubb definitely better than Hunt? Of course we can't know that. I didn't mean to express something absolute. It's just a belief based on what I've seen; and that could certainly change. I think it's fair to argue that the KC offense is running back friendly. Damien Williams posted very Hunt-like numbers when he was slotted in there last year, while never averaging more than 3.9 yards per carry in his four previous seasons. So, while Hunt's production in that system was impressive, Chubb seems a more athletic and explosive runner than Hunt.

• Like 1

Honestly,  don't see him being fantasy relevant this year,  unless Chubb gets hurt 

1 hour ago, obithewan said:

Is Chubb definitely better than Hunt? Of course we can't know that. I didn't mean to express something absolute. It's just a belief based on what I've seen; and that could certainly change. I think it's fair to argue that the KC offense is running back friendly. Damien Williams posted very Hunt-like numbers when he was slotted in there last year, while never averaging more than 3.9 yards per carry in his four previous seasons. So, while Hunt's production in that system was impressive, Chubb seems a more athletic and explosive runner than Hunt.

Chubb also was otherworldly before getting injured at Georgia, like, literally outplaying Todd Gurley in his prime good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Glad to see not everyone is delusional. Chubb is definitely the better running back, both imo and according to the advanced analytics (if I'm not mistaken). Hunt is good but the Andy Reid system inflates his perceived value. I think a 70/30 split is reasonable. He'll be an elite handcuff. I also wonder if the Browns will look to trade him before the deadline? Whether they're contending or not it could be a possibility. For all we know the Browns could've signed him with in the intent of flipping him midseason to an RB needy team. Maybe even to the Chiefs?? Might be reaching here but it's plausible..

• Haha 1

I don't think anybody is expecting Hunt to take a ton of work from Chubb. He'll be change of pace and an opportunity to give Chubb a breather without a ton of drop-off in quality. I'm sure Hunt should be able to do flex production with his limited touches and even a good late bye week filler. Anything can happen though so having an elite backup late in the season is always good. If Chubb misses any time after Hunt returns then he will be a sure-fire start during that absence.

As a Hunt owner in a keeper league, I’m excited to see how he looks in a different uniform...but also anticipating where he might end up in 2020. Truthfully, every Hunt owner in a keeper should be rooting for Chubb to stay healthy. The worst thing for us would be a serious Chubb injury that shows Cleveland the value of having both RBs for the next few seasons...and then they talk him into sticking around and playing close to home. 

• Like 1

Chiefs should trade for this guy, imagine how good they could be with a RB like Hunt. 

• Haha 6

Hunt has always been a keeper / dynasty league stash this year more than anything truly valuable in redraft to me.  I drafted him for $1 in a deep keeper fully expecting to not use him a single week in 2019.  The only risk was using up a roster spot all season, but the potential rewards could be astronomical for years to come.  

Imagine if this were any other player in his situation... 10 game suspension  for a guy who figures to be merely a handcuff upon reinstatement.  Such a player would be worthless from a fantasy perspective.  This isn't just any other player though.  There are 20 pages on this guy for good reason.  He's a special talent and no one really knows for sure what his future holds.  And so we speculate...

To the people excited about seeing him in this offense, KC's is light years better so you're gonna get like 80% of the production. Outside of deep leagues he's waiver fodder for at least a couple more weeks. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

To the people excited about seeing him in this offense, KC's is light years better so you're gonna get like 80% of the production. Outside of deep leagues he's waiver fodder for at least a couple more weeks. 

It’s not excitement to see him in this offense. It’s excitement to see him in a uniform other than KC’s to see how different he looks as a player. And in keeper/dynasty leagues, he’s not waiver wire fodder and hasn’t been all season...because he likely came cheaply. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

It’s not excitement to see him in this offense. It’s excitement to see him in a uniform other than KC’s to see how different he looks as a player. And in keeper/dynasty leagues, he’s not waiver wire fodder and hasn’t been all season...because he likely came cheaply. 

I guess my question would be how could he look anything but worse on z much worse offense where he's splitting time?

Aren't Redskins down to their last experienced RB? Maybe an offseason move though since Redskins are going nowhere fast this season.

I think it will be a closer split than most of y'all expect. The Browns didn't get Hunt at the start of the offseason for no reason. They've already shown a vested interest in keeping Chubb fresh. Apart from the no names getting touches, they've kept Chubb in the 20 or less touch range in every game but 1. And that's with Chubb dominating 2 of the last 3 games. Not to mention Dorsey having drafted Hunt (draft bias) and the controversy involved in signing Hunt so soon after the incident in the same city it happened. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

I think it will be a closer split than most of y'all expect. The Browns didn't get Hunt at the start of the offseason for no reason. They've already shown a vested interest in keeping Chubb fresh. Apart from the no names getting touches, they've kept Chubb in the 20 or less touch range in every game but 1. And that's with Chubb dominating 2 of the last 3 games. Not to mention Dorsey having drafted Hunt (draft bias) and the controversy involved in signing Hunt so soon after the incident in the same city it happened. 

The browns are 2-4, I’m thinking game script has a lot to do with his touches up to this point. I’m actually surprised he’s seen the amount of touches he has in some of these games. I think Hunt takes all of Hillards playing time and maybe 1 or 2 more carries. 
A smart organization with a good coach would run the offense around Chubb but when your always getting cute in the red zone and constantly trying to make mayfield a star I don’t believe Cleveland qualifies as one of those teams.

Hunt will play but the browns don’t owe him anything, he was signed cause he was a huge discount and if he doesn’t produce instantly don’t be surprised if Chubb sees all the carries