Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

Here's Hunt, clearly fat and injured, at Browns practice.

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Eddie? is that you??!?!?

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i posted this in the Chubb thread, but it's required reading for any/all Huntsmen

 

Some interesting analysis, but I’m highly skeptical.  After watching CLE and then looking at snap counts, they play in 3 wide sets at least 67% and often up to 80% of the time on offense.

 

I not sure how Chubb is facing loaded boxes on 1/3rd of his carries as is alleged given how often CLE goes 3 wide.  Teams are isolating DBs in man-to-man coverage with no float help that often (the alternative is that opposing Ds are just letting at least one WR run uncovered)?  I don’t think so...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Some interesting analysis, but I’m highly skeptical.  After watching CLE and then looking at snap counts, they play in 3 wide sets at least 67% and often up to 80% of the time on offense.

 

I not sure how Chubb is facing loaded boxes on 1/3rd of his carries as is alleged given how often CLE goes 3 wide.  Teams are isolating DBs in man-to-man coverage with no float help that often (the alternative is that opposing Ds are just letting at least one WR run uncovered)?  I don’t think so...

You're comparing what Cleveland's personnel groupings have been this year.  Author of the post specifically says last year for the purposes of an apples to apples comparison.

We can compare this year's numbers if you want.

Nick Chubb - 134 carries for 738 yards, 105.43 yards per game (leading the league in rushing yards per game), 6 TDs.

Kareem Hunt - 0 carries for 0 yards, 0 yards per game, 0 TDs.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You're comparing what Cleveland's personnel groupings have been this year.  Author of the post specifically says last year for the purposes of an apples to apples comparison.

We can compare this year's numbers if you want.

Nick Chubb - 134 carries for 738 yards, 105.43 yards per game (leading the league in rushing yards per game), 6 TDs.

Kareem Hunt - 0 carries for 0 yards, 0 yards per game, 0 TDs.

 

yeah, THIS ^

🤠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Due back next week. Not much hype. Any chance he can carve out flex value?

I think the only way he makes an impact this year is if Chubb goes down. I'd expect a sub 10 point average from him which maybe could approach weak flex. 

To be more specific, I wouldn't expect Ekeler or JWill type production. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Due back next week. Not much hype. Any chance he can carve out flex value?

 

It would be absurd for the Browns to significantly reduce Chubb's workload, as he's been one of the best RBs in the league this year. I could see Hunt getting 5-10 touches per game. He shouldn't steal many (if any) goal line carries either, as Chubb is a bigger and more explosive back. So, I doubt he has much value other than being a good handcuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, obithewan said:

 

It would be absurd for the Browns to significantly reduce Chubb's workload, as he's been one of the best RBs in the league this year. I could see Hunt getting 5-10 touches per game. He shouldn't steal many (if any) goal line carries either, as Chubb is a bigger and more explosive back. So, I doubt he has much value other than being a good handcuff.

This is why he will split carries with Chubb...Cleveland is a joke of a team

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, obithewan said:

 

It would be absurd for the Browns to significantly reduce Chubb's workload, as he's been one of the best RBs in the league this year. I could see Hunt getting 5-10 touches per game. He shouldn't steal many (if any) goal line carries either, as Chubb is a bigger and more explosive back. So, I doubt he has much value other than being a good handcuff.

Except I can see him being the passing down back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's probably not very many players on the waiver wire that have Hunt's talent.

Needs to be 100% owned imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance they trade Hunt to an RB needy team? I can't see someone this talented remaining a backup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mbell317 said:

Any chance they trade Hunt to an RB needy team? I can't see someone this talented remaining a backup. 

0%.  Trade deadline passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunt is elite, but he will laugh when he actually participates in a game for this joke of a team, he will dreaming of being back on a team like Chiefs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Im excited to see how hes used. Hoping for 5-10 carries and a handful of targets

“Excited” Id temper any expectations. Browns are a dumpster fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Im excited to see how hes used. Hoping for 5-10 carries and a handful of targets

 

Oh boy do I have some news for you.

They don't even like Chubb getting targets. That sort of work is left to the experts, like Hilliard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunt is motivated to play as if every game was super bowl because he is playing for real deal next year somewhere, lets get it on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.