Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

Here's Hunt, clearly fat and injured, at Browns practice.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Eddie? is that you??!?!?

🤣

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i posted this in the Chubb thread, but it's required reading for any/all Huntsmen

Some interesting analysis, but I’m highly skeptical.  After watching CLE and then looking at snap counts, they play in 3 wide sets at least 67% and often up to 80% of the time on offense.

I not sure how Chubb is facing loaded boxes on 1/3rd of his carries as is alleged given how often CLE goes 3 wide.  Teams are isolating DBs in man-to-man coverage with no float help that often (the alternative is that opposing Ds are just letting at least one WR run uncovered)?  I don’t think so...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Some interesting analysis, but I’m highly skeptical.  After watching CLE and then looking at snap counts, they play in 3 wide sets at least 67% and often up to 80% of the time on offense.

I not sure how Chubb is facing loaded boxes on 1/3rd of his carries as is alleged given how often CLE goes 3 wide.  Teams are isolating DBs in man-to-man coverage with no float help that often (the alternative is that opposing Ds are just letting at least one WR run uncovered)?  I don’t think so...

You're comparing what Cleveland's personnel groupings have been this year.  Author of the post specifically says last year for the purposes of an apples to apples comparison.

We can compare this year's numbers if you want.

Nick Chubb - 134 carries for 738 yards, 105.43 yards per game (leading the league in rushing yards per game), 6 TDs.

Kareem Hunt - 0 carries for 0 yards, 0 yards per game, 0 TDs.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You're comparing what Cleveland's personnel groupings have been this year.  Author of the post specifically says last year for the purposes of an apples to apples comparison.

We can compare this year's numbers if you want.

Nick Chubb - 134 carries for 738 yards, 105.43 yards per game (leading the league in rushing yards per game), 6 TDs.

Kareem Hunt - 0 carries for 0 yards, 0 yards per game, 0 TDs.

yeah, THIS ^

🤠

50 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Due back next week. Not much hype. Any chance he can carve out flex value?

I think the only way he makes an impact this year is if Chubb goes down. I'd expect a sub 10 point average from him which maybe could approach weak flex. 

To be more specific, I wouldn't expect Ekeler or JWill type production. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Due back next week. Not much hype. Any chance he can carve out flex value?

It would be absurd for the Browns to significantly reduce Chubb's workload, as he's been one of the best RBs in the league this year. I could see Hunt getting 5-10 touches per game. He shouldn't steal many (if any) goal line carries either, as Chubb is a bigger and more explosive back. So, I doubt he has much value other than being a good handcuff.

1 minute ago, obithewan said:

It would be absurd for the Browns to significantly reduce Chubb's workload, as he's been one of the best RBs in the league this year. I could see Hunt getting 5-10 touches per game. He shouldn't steal many (if any) goal line carries either, as Chubb is a bigger and more explosive back. So, I doubt he has much value other than being a good handcuff.

This is why he will split carries with Chubb...Cleveland is a joke of a team

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, obithewan said:

Except I can see him being the passing down back. 

There's probably not very many players on the waiver wire that have Hunt's talent.

Needs to be 100% owned imo.

Any chance they trade Hunt to an RB needy team? I can't see someone this talented remaining a backup. 

Just now, mbell317 said:

Any chance they trade Hunt to an RB needy team? I can't see someone this talented remaining a backup. 

0%.  Trade deadline passed.

Hunt is elite, but he will laugh when he actually participates in a game for this joke of a team, he will dreaming of being back on a team like Chiefs

49 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Im excited to see how hes used. Hoping for 5-10 carries and a handful of targets

“Excited” Id temper any expectations. Browns are a dumpster fire.

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Im excited to see how hes used. Hoping for 5-10 carries and a handful of targets

Oh boy do I have some news for you.

They don't even like Chubb getting targets. That sort of work is left to the experts, like Hilliard.

Hunt is motivated to play as if every game was super bowl because he is playing for real deal next year somewhere, lets get it on