Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

On 11/8/2019 at 12:23 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

For keeper implications is it safe to assume Hunt will not be on the Browns next year? He is on a one year deal right now.

He will be a restricted free agent meaning the browns can match any offer if they wish to retain him. Let's hope he plays well enough to get a monster offer and the Browns don't lock down both he and Chubb.

• Thanks 1

Damn Beast..

6 hours ago, Trifecta said:

He will be a restricted free agent meaning the browns can match any offer if they wish to retain him. Let's hope he plays well enough to get a monster offer and the Browns don't lock down both he and Chubb.

It also means that the Browns will get draft pick compensation if another team signs him, so there's some incentive for them to let him walk to another team (win-win for dynasty). 

Decent flex performance for the first day back. Also should get goal line opps from here on out.

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Decent flex performance for the first day back. Also should get goal line opps from here on out.

Hunt definitely won't take those reps from Chubb unless he starts fumbling at the GL or something. But he should get opportunities on 3rd and goal....

And since its the Browns, there will be plenty of those.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, edREED said:

This guy looked fantastic, no?

Couldn't ask for much more here. They had him splitting out wide some of the time, which is obviously good for PPR.

4 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Why in the world would he get goal line carries? 

2 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Why in the world would he get goal line carries? 

I think because Chubb got stuffed 3(or maybe more?) times on the goal line this game with less than 2 yards to go. But Chubb is still the more talented back and definitely the better pure runner in my mind. He deserves the goal line job.

Edited by WaiverLooter

7 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

I think because Chubb got stuffed 3(or maybe more?) times on the goal line this game with less than 2 yards to go. But Chubb is still the more talented back and definitely the better pure runner in my mind. He deserves the goal line job.

Watching the game, absolutely none of those goalline carries were Chubb's fault. Hes running behind a dreadful offensive line. Just shows you how much of a stud he actually is that he keeps putting up 100 yd games behind that oline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Watching the game, absolutely none of those goalline carries were Chubb's fault. Hes running behind a dreadful offensive line. Just shows you how much of a stud he actually is that he keeps putting up 100 yd games behind that oline.

this ^

killer was that Chubb 24 yd run down to the Bison 1 yd line - 36 more inches and there's a whole different paint job on this gig. 

Hunt helps keep the sticks moving, which will eventually be a very big blessing for Chubb, more extended drives can only lift all boats in this "offense"

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I mean, those were absolutely horrible play calls and Chubb was just getting buried in the backfield on every one.

I just hate seeing teams come out with the big package these days.  Why in the world wouldn't the Browns just spread things out and then pound Chubb?  For me those big packages are basically only good if you're setting up play action or have a dominant OL.....which we know the Browns don't.

Chubb played realyl well otherwise.  Him and Hunt are going to be a killer combo in that backfield.  Hunt is immediately the best handcuff in the league IMO and obviously will have some standalone flex value also.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this ^

killer was that Chubb 24 yd run down to the Bison 1 yd line - 36 more inches and there's a whole different paint job on this gig. 

Hunt helps keep the sticks moving, which will eventually be a very big blessing for Chubb, more extended drives can only lift all boats in this "offense"

Hunt and Chubb owners actually don't have to hate each other.  There is room for both to be productive in a Clevelands offense that could use all the help they can get.

• Like 1

Would not be shocked if Hunt is their number 1 back by next week. 

When you land on planet Cleveland Browns, you can never be surprised by bad/shocking decisions. I'd be just as surprised if they put ODB in the backfield and make him their #1 back. 

For keepers leagues, Hunt would be huge pick up. San Diego will need a #1 back. (bold prediction)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Hunt and Chubb owners actually don't have to hate each other.  There is room for both to be productive in a Clevelands offense that could use all the help they can get.

Honestly this was the best possible outcome for both backs. They saw the field together very often and Chubb's production was actually helped by Hunt. Hunt is a hell of a blocker, and Chubb is one of the best 3 or 4 pure runners in the league. Also Hunt provides a reliable option on 3rd downs to keep drives alive and its usually routes that someone with a limited skillset such as Baker, has no problem throwing.

The only people hurt by Hunt are the WRs. Ultimately I think the Browns will start to funnel ALL of their offense through both RBs, with the occasional forced OBJ targets to keep him happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duckbutter said:

Would not be shocked if Hunt is their number 1 back by next week. 

When you land on planet Cleveland Browns, you can never be surprised by bad/shocking decisions. I'd be just as surprised if they put ODB in the backfield and make him their #1 back. 

For keepers leagues, Hunt would be huge pick up. San Diego will need a #1 back. (bold prediction)

Is the bold prediction Hunt going to San Diego or San Diego having a team again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hunt is fat and out of shape they said. He's a system back they said. Well, he just went out there and did his thing. Looking like a 60/40 moving forward. It was about 70/30 yesterday. Exactly like the people said, it didn't take away from Chubb's usual touches. There was no reason to think that Hunt wouldn't come in and produce as a receiving back and get a few carries. And should produce close to Chubb's numbers more often than not in PPR since Chubb is barely getting targets and the Brown's don't score may TDs. Should provide solid flex value ROS.

Edited by FitzMagic

On 10/22/2019 at 10:21 PM, Mr.STD said:

Fat (check)

Injured (check)

hasn't played in a year (check)

Product of the KC offense that made Damien look good (check)

Hunt won't do a damn thing.

This was written just a few weeks ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

This. Baker being one of the least threatening red zone QBs in the league also plays a huge factor since defenses respect Chubb much more than Mayfield.. They could go 1-on-1 with White covering Beckham without much fear that Mayfield was going to burn them with decisive passes.

I sort of alluded to this in the Chubb thread but I think we're going to see much of exactly what we saw in yesterday's game going forward. Hunt will be a factor of the offense going forward but not at the expense of Chubb's production save for some targets, the team needed a TD and they went with Chubb with under 4 minutes left and he was able to get a big first down run, they definitely view him as a centerpiece of the offense. Hunt should still however have some real big games too since he is a moving piece on offense and will likely come into the game on third and goal situations from 5+ yards out.

Edited by MoonBlaster

2 hours ago, Klientel said:

Honestly this was the best possible outcome for both backs. They saw the field together very often and Chubb's production was actually helped by Hunt. Hunt is a hell of a blocker, and Chubb is one of the best 3 or 4 pure runners in the league. Also Hunt provides a reliable option on 3rd downs to keep drives alive and its usually routes that someone with a limited skillset such as Baker, has no problem throwing.

The only people hurt by Hunt are the WRs. Ultimately I think the Browns will start to funnel ALL of their offense through both RBs, with the occasional forced OBJ targets to keep him happy.

Nailed it. Hunt had some great plays as a lead blocker for Chubb.

Due to some BYEs plus a late Lesean Mccoy scratch, I plugged Hunt in. 

Did better than I thought, and it's super important to remember that Hunt's return coincided with a big win over Buffalo. 

I gotta think they'll continue trying to get Hunt involved moving forward especially in the receiving game. 

2 hours ago, lla887 said:

Is the bold prediction Hunt going to San Diego or San Diego having a team again?

LOL.. sorry I'm old. 

I just finally stopped calling the Arizona Cardinals the St Louis Cardinals. I'm not ready for a new location for the Charges yet. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Klientel said:

So they're going to ignore their best WR in Landry?  I'm thinking not...

People are going to flock to the FA wire for this guy and it will be interesting to see how much he's worth it.  It's understandable in deeper leagues, but in smaller ones or ones with smaller rosters, maybe not, depending who you give up to get him.

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

So they're going to ignore their best WR in Landry?  I'm thinking not...

People are going to flock to the FA wire for this guy and it will be interesting to see how much he's worth it.  It's understandable in deeper leagues, but in smaller ones or ones with smaller rosters, maybe not, depending who you give up to get him.

Baker Mayfield sucks. That's where Hunt comes in. He was already 60% owned before yesterday. People already knew he'd have a decent role in the passing game. It's less opportunities for Mayfield to turn the ball over.