Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And Cameron Brate caught two short TD passes that were both called back because of a penalty on the offense.  Just in case you wanted more bad news.

As expected. 

Winston has always loved Brate more. And Arians doesn't use his TEs. 

Why people were drooling over Howard instead of a proven stud like Engram is beyond me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

As expected. 

Winston has always loved Brate more. And Arians doesn't use his TEs. 

Why people were drooling over Howard instead of a proven stud like Engram is beyond me. 

My plan this year: dont take a TE until the last round. Take hockenson, or fant, or Waller. In one draft I changed it up and took this guy, even stacked him with Winston 😫

I'm tempted to just drop him for hock after what I saw. What a waste of a fifth round pick.

Not giving up after 1 game, but man Winston is terrible and his horrid o-line does him no favors.  He fell to me in the 6th round in my draft and for the first time in years I didnt wait until the last 3 rounds to take a TE.  I'm starting to regret that now.  Really hope his talent wins out. SF D was underrated coming into the game tho, they made a lot of offseason improvements, but still doesn't excuse this performance - of the fact that Winston is in love w Brate for some ridiculous reason.  When you own a TE that's on the field for almost 100% of the snaps, you expect a bit more from him than he did today.  Hopefully better days are coming.

9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

any silver lining?

Of course. He's a great talent and the offense has nowhere to go but up. However this was the matchup for all bucs skill players and jameis took no steps forward but went way backwards. Hard to trust at the moment but he's too good to just suck

Lol I'm calling it now. This guy has a big game next week and everybody is going to be calling him the next Gronk. I love the week 1 overreactions. If this guy is healthy, he is a complete monster. Jameis does suck, but Bruce Arians will figure this offense out sooner than later.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, n4sa said:

Lol I'm calling it now. This guy has a big game next week and everybody is going to be calling him the next Gronk. I love the week 1 overreactions. If this guy is healthy, he is a complete monster. Jameis does suck, but Bruce Arians will figure this offense out sooner than later.

It’s so crazy how fast people change their opinion of a player based on one week.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

It’s so crazy how fast people change their opinion of a player based on one week.

I've been saying it for months: 

8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I've been saying it for months: 

I’m just talking about others who were hyping him up and now want to jump ship after one week. 

I hope I at least convinced a few of you to steer clear due to concerns about Arians, Brate, etc.  For the rest of you, I wish you luck.

48 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I hope I at least convinced a few of you to steer clear due to concerns about Arians, Brate, etc.  For the rest of you, I wish you luck.

Taking a victory lap after week 1?

Hahaha.

Guess who had 20 more yards than OJ? George freaking kittle.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Taking a victory lap after week 1?

Hahaha.

You, DHC?  Of all people?  Talking about Week 1 victory laps?!

13 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You, DHC?  Of all people?  Talking about Week 1 victory laps?!

Yup. I havent made as bold of a statement as you just did about OJ.  Little can be gleamed from that game as an indicator for the rest of the season. 

I expect Winston to bounce back this Thursday and hit his big TE for a couple of TDs.  Cameron Brate is going to have a really nice game.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Hopefully you also convinced everyone to steer clear of Mike Evans, George Kittle, James Conner, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Devante Adams, Jared Goff, Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Zach Ertz, Stefon Diggs, Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley, and any other player who had a subpar week 1. Using your logic, all of these players are doomed for the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Hopefully you also convinced everyone to steer clear of Mike Evans, George Kittle, James Conner, Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Devante Adams, Jared Goff, Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Zach Ertz, Stefon Diggs, Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley, and any other player who had a subpar week 1. Using your logic, all of these players are doomed for the season.

I know you’re joking - I wished you all good luck.  It’s not that anyone is “doomed” - but it’s definitely not an auspicious first look.

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yup. I havent made as bold of a statement as you just did about OJ.  Little can be gleamed from that game as an indicator for the rest of the season. 

LOL!  My friend, you are the very epitome of making “bold statements”!  

Back on track, I gleaned that the concerns we went around and around discussing months ago look well founded.

15 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

Does the offense also not feature the WR1 and WR2 ? this was a terrible Winston game. I would wait a couple of weeks before we declare this a bust.  

This is wise advice, but does anyone feel good starting him Thursday vs. Carolina?

It feels like this team needs longer than four days to unf--- itself.

• Haha 1

Four days is all they have.  Hopefully Carolina's D will be gassed.

19 hours ago, BMcP said:

Do you expect the offense to look that bad going forward?

41 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Someone tell me how to feel

OJ has a bit of an aloofness to him and it showed on Sunday. Arians is a no nonsense guy so I could potentially see that as being an issue, especially with a #lunchpail guy Brate also there. I'd monitor it closely tbh.

Edited by Trip McNeely

If we are to believe Arian is an offensive guru and Howard is a freak size/speed athlete for the TE position, then why not trust it to work out. Arian has never, ever had a TE with this guy's talent and measurables. Buy low, the upside is spectacular.