Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

Asked Arians why things haven’t clicked for O.J. Howard: “You’d probably have to ask him. He has so much talent. He can play a heck of a lot better than he’s playing.” (Beat reporter)

Edited by BMcP
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Asked Arians why things haven’t clicked for O.J. Howard: “You’d probably have to ask him. He has so much talent. He can play a heck of a lot better than he’s playing.” (Beat reporter)

Same could be said for Arians and his coaching.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Translation: OJ needs to get better at run blocking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

ooph.  bad sign for OJ

28 minutes ago, cs3 said:

So best case scenario, you're trading him for "basically nothing". Which is exactly my point. He is worthless right now, and 1 solid game won't change that.

Basically nothing to one person might not be nothing to another. I've traded trash for hidden treasure before. Forget who I traded, but I nabbed David Johnson his rookie year before his breakout for next to nothing. It can happen (especially early in the season), and it's absolutely worth giving it a shot. Just because you haven't seen an example of it before, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

2 minutes ago, The Jesus said:

OJ Simpson is probably more useful for fantasy football at this point...

tenor.gif?itemid=9268145

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, afl5013 said:

Basically nothing to one person might not be nothing to another. I've traded trash for hidden treasure before. Forget who I traded, but I nabbed David Johnson his rookie year before his breakout for next to nothing. It can happen (especially early in the season), and it's absolutely worth giving it a shot. Just because you haven't seen an example of it before, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Like OJ Howard for Kenyan Drake the week before Drake is traded to the Redskins?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pooskay said:

The entire Bucs team is a bust

Must have missed out on Chris Godwin, eh?

27 minutes ago, Spuds said:

The Buccaneers hate children.spacer.png

I just saw this tweet!! Omg explains so much lol. We're all doomed. 

40 minutes ago, Spuds said:

100$ a catch he's pledged OJ Howard is cheap 😂.. Maybe if he makes it a thousand Arians will get him the ball

Edited by NyZD

8 minutes ago, NyZD said:

100$ a catch he's pledged this dude is cheap wow.. Maybe if he makes it a thousand Arians will get him the ball

Doesn't matter if it's $100 a catch or a milli, he'll be donating the same amount

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Doesn't matter if it's $100 a catch or a milli, he'll be donating the same amount

He's matching every donation? Well thats pretty legit, evidently I'm illiterate thanks for clearing that up.

17 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I just saw this tweet!! Omg explains so much lol. We're all doomed. 

OJ Howard hates kids?

58 minutes ago, Spuds said:

So we're talking maybe a $2000 donation for the entire season?  

That tweet is hilarious after the last two weeks. Is it a bonus for a goose egg or a fumble? 

OJ trying to save money.

In all seriousness, I didn't know Arians was going to be hands off all offensive play calling. This is fully the Leftwich show. Probably would of went another way if I knew that.

12 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

OJ trying to save money.

In all seriousness, I didn't know Arians was going to be hands off all offensive play calling. This is fully the Leftwich show. Probably would of went another way if I knew that.

Same. Misinformed. Going to ruin my seaso.

19 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

OJ trying to save money.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/22/20827749/byron-leftwich-bruce-arians-tampa-bay-buccaneers-play-caller

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Boring, much like the Bucs offense

I don't know how good of an OC Leftwich is or is not.

I know that he was OC of the worst team in football last year and his offense in TB this year looks like hot garbage.

Maybe the Arizona offense was so bad last year that nobody could have done better.

Maybe Tampa is still learning their way in an early season.

The only thing I know for sure is Leftwich has looked bad everywhere he has called plays so far.

Not even entertaining the thought of dropping.

Yes, I watched the game. I saw him primarily being used as an blocker. I saw the lack of routes, I saw the zero targets, and I know Bruce Arians history with TEs.

But at the end of the day it’s a long season, teams go through so many adjustments it’s impossible to determine how his usage will look even a month from now. OJ Howard is still one of the most physically and athletically gifted TEs in the league, whose currently in his prime. I’m sure as hell not dropping him and having one of my competitors scoop him up for free.

There’s also the part that they really should have lost last night and gone 0-2 if Cam didn’t play like complete and utter garbage. If Bruce wants any shot at a winning season, and having all his buddies keep their brand new jobs, he’s going to need to use his stud TE as more than just a blocker.

Just my opinion, doesn’t seem to be very popular around here but I don’t quit on my guys based off a two week sample space.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am keeping the faith as well.  There is no Hockensen or Andrews on the waiver wire in my league, so I am not about to drop OJ Howard and chase some random TE who scored last week.  When Howard finally pops, I will be getting credit for those points.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am keeping the faith as well.  There is no Hockensen or Andrews on the waiver wire in my league, so I am not about to drop OJ Howard and chase some random TE who scored last week.  When Howard finally pops, I will be getting credit for those points.

Points? As in plural? You’re a glass half full kind of guy, aren’t you?

• Haha 3