Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

Dropped a teammate of his on a bye to pick him up and hold him in case the trade rumor pans out. It's basically a lotto ticket.

If the Pats do get him though...

Edited by Sticky2

I’m not believing the bucs having no interest in trading him.... just like they said with Ramsey hell even obj (I think) I smell bs.... negotiating 101 hold for now 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

I’m not believing the bucs having no interest in trading him.... just like they said with Ramsey hell even obj (I think) I smell bs.... negotiating 101 hold for now 

Hope you're right. Going to hold through the bye.

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Shame they won't trade him.

I'd think a team like Seattle might like a guy like OJ Howard. They only have Like Wilson.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was recently asked about the tight end situation in Seattle. His answer, Seattle is “working on stuff.” 

https://12thmanrising.com/2019/10/17/seahawks-look-trade-oj-howard/amp/

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was recently asked about the tight end situation in Seattle. His answer, Seattle is “working on stuff.” 

https://12thmanrising.com/2019/10/17/seahawks-look-trade-oj-howard/amp/

Make Cameron Brate again.

I'd bet the Hawks would be looking for cheaper options to fill the Disly role, Brate to Seahawks, which would help Howard a little. But if OJ got traded to Seattle, man would he have some huge upside. I'd pretty much immediately try and scoop up any decent TE that got traded to Seahawks.

• Haha 1

Bucs' TEs through six weeks: O.J. Howard - 13/176/0 (18 targets) on 174 routes run Cameron Brate - 12/119/2 (14 targets) on 105 routes run

• Haha 1

I'm in this weird spot of never being able to start him but not wanting to drop him in case he or Brate gets traded. 

6 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I'm in this weird spot of never being able to start him but not wanting to drop him in case he or Brate gets traded. 

Yea he won’t get traded. Teams that are contending already solid at TE position. And they don’t need an extra blocker for top dollars. Maybe NE but I am tired of talking about everybody that is castaway is going to NE. 

He is more than droppable if you need the roster spot. Yea he could do good in 1, or 2 games down the road. You just need to know when he will do that. And good luck at trying to figure that out. I don’t want anymore goose eggs. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, dakimbell said:

Make Cameron Brate again.

I'd bet the Hawks would be looking for cheaper options to fill the Disly role, Brate to Seahawks, which would help Howard a little. But if OJ got traded to Seattle, man would he have some huge upside. I'd pretty much immediately try and scoop up any decent TE that got traded to Seahawks.

OJ to Seattle would be a dream. Too bad it's not happening. One can dream...

Just now, bhawks489 said:

I’d be just as happy if Winston was traded. 

But who would take him?

37 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Yea he won’t get traded. Teams that are contending already solid at TE position. And they don’t need an extra blocker for top dollars. Maybe NE but I am tired of talking about everybody that is castaway is going to NE. 

He is more than droppable if you need the roster spot. Yea he could do good in 1, or 2 games down the road. You just need to know when he will do that. And good luck at trying to figure that out. I don’t want anymore goose eggs. 

Seattle?

Houston?

Cleveland?

2 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

But who would take him?

Not sure but I don’t think it would take much.

Ed Monix was traded for a washing machine, I’m sure some team has an extra vending machine laying around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This him getting traded is losing traction after each hour passes. No updates or anything lol I was hopeful but man it’s looking dry 

Edited by jeremyt7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

This him getting traded is losing traction after each hour passes. No updates or anything lol I was hopeful but man it’s looking dry 

We still have a bit to go before the deadline. Sunday can change the landscape with a big injury...

• Like 1

Even if he does get traded (which I think is a longshot at best) what do you really think the chances are of him learning the playbook and getting up to speed quickly enough to actually contribute?  The track record of pass catchers being traded mid-season and producing is pretty poor.  Only Cooper last season comes to mind as someone who actually produced in a meaningful way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Even if he does get traded (which I think is a longshot at best) what do you really think the chances are of him learning the playbook and getting up to speed quickly enough to actually contribute?  The track record of pass catchers being traded mid-season and producing is pretty poor.  Only Cooper last season comes to mind as someone who actually produced in a meaningful way.

The chances of him being a startable fantasy football TE are much higher for him in a new system than they are in TB and honestly that's all that matters.

59 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

The chances of him being a startable fantasy football TE are much higher for him in a new system than they are in TB and honestly that's all that matters.

And that's based on what? His performance this season in a high passing volume offense running a ton of routes and seeing only 4 targets a game? where he knows the playbook already?  Just making an assumption that he's more productive in a new system he's joining mid-season doesn't have a lot of examples to back it up and is a pretty big leap IMO

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Seattle?

Houston?

Cleveland?

Seattle maybe because their TE went down and they are being aggressive to find a replacement. But highly doubt they are trading for a dude that getting paid top TE money. 

Houston? Well the last time a TE is a thing in Houston was at least 7 years ago. That was Owen Daniels. 

Cleveland is a contender? I don’t know what to say here. They are the Browns. Need I say more. 

6 hours ago, ginocan said:

Seattle maybe because their TE went down and they are being aggressive to find a replacement. But highly doubt they are trading for a dude that getting paid top TE money. 

Houston? Well the last time a TE is a thing in Houston was at least 7 years ago. That was Owen Daniels. 

Cleveland is a contender? I don’t know what to say here. They are the Browns. Need I say more. 

Top tight end money? Isn't he on his rookie deal?