Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

22 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Damien williams says hold his beer.

Joe Mixon says hello

Maybe he's secretly skipping this week because there is a deal in place with the Pats for next week

giphy.gif

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

2018 called, he said you may have dementia

and yes, I know Fitz played a lot of games for tampa.

1 1000+ yard pass catcher with 8 touchdowns (good for WR10 last year)

1 800 yard with 5 touchdowns (good for WR31)

1 800 yard with 7 touchdowns (good for WR36)

I'd say he sustained 1 fantasy relevant weekly receiver. The rest were hit or miss weekly. His tightends still didn't contribute. He had a WR1 and two WR3's. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

1 1000+ yard pass catcher with 8 touchdowns (good for WR10 last year)

1 800 yard with 5 touchdowns (good for WR31)

1 800 yard with 7 touchdowns (good for WR36)

I'd say he sustained 1 fantasy relevant weekly receiver. The rest were hit or miss weekly. His tightends still didn't contribute. He had a WR1 and two WR3's. 

cherry picking daddies over here.

Evans was relevant. Godwin was relevant. Howard was a beast for half the season before injuries sidelined him.

All 3 were relevant. 

oh yea, and Humphries was pretty good too. 

Edited by Chippa

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

cherry picking daddies over here.

Evans was relevant. Godwin was relevant. Howard was a beast for half the season before injuries sidelined him.

All 3 were relevant. 

Godwin had 2 games over 100 yards (3 if you count week 17). He had 9 games of under 60 yards and no touchdowns. Not sure what you're talking about. He was a dart throw flex. 4 of his 7 touchdowns were in the first 5 weeks. And then 2 of his 7 were week 17. 

Winston cannot sustain three receivers - hence why Howard is doing s--- this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Godwin had 2 games over 100 yards (3 if you count week 17). He had 9 games of under 60 yards and no touchdowns. Not sure what you're talking about. He was a dart throw flex. 4 of his 7 touchdowns were in the first 5 weeks. And then 2 of his 7 were week 17. 

Winston cannot sustain three receivers - hence why Howard is doing s--- this year. 

Howard is doing terribly because Arians is using him as a blocker.

And I had Howard and Godwin as my starters last year and I wennt 8-6. I also had Devonta Freeman and Dalvin Cook go down, so I'd say Godwin and Howard were both good and relevant. 

HENCE why Howard was a projected top 5 TE, and Godwin was a projected 3rd-5th rounder

Let me guess: a bunch of people are still holding "because there's nothing else better on the wire?"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Let me guess: a bunch of people are still holding "because there's nothing else better on the wire?"

I picked up to see if he gets moved to a good situation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I picked up to see if he gets moved to a good situation.

That's all I'm in for - he was dropped, I picked him up, and if he's not moved, back to the wire. Pretty simple. 

Worth holding through the trade deadline particularly now that he's eligible for IR slot in most fantasy leagues. If he isn't moved he is an easy drop. Probably an easy drop anyways...but since he isn't holding up a roster spot this week, if you've held him this long, might as well hold a little longer. 

He's going to get traded. Bruce is just playing hardball to get top $.

Avoided this guy like the plague in all my leagues due to Arians history with TEs. Picked up this week off the waivers and holding till the trade deadline. A blocking TE is great but readily available and they already have one on the roster.

• Haha 1

What did the Pats originally offer? 2nd rounder? Seems like if TB declined that, it's unlikely he will be dealt

24 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

What did the Pats originally offer? 2nd rounder? Seems like if TB declined that, it's unlikely he will be dealt

Pat's gave a 2nd rounder for Sanu, who is 30.

I think they offered more than a 2nd.

• Like 1

Everyone talking about this guy getting traded is silly.  Why would they trade for a guy with an injury now.  Wouldn't they have made the trade already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Everyone talking about this guy getting traded is silly.  Why would they trade for a guy with an injury now.  Wouldn't they have made the trade already.

He may not have an injury that's the point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Remember Jalen Ramsey's back "injury?"  Healed up pretty quick. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Remember Jalen Ramsey's back "injury?"  Healed up pretty quick. 

But Ramsey is an elite CB and was on an expiring contract so he had a fair bit of leverage to do what he did in terms of sitting out.  OJ is not elite, arguably has hurt his perceived value with his performance so far this season, and has 2 years left on his deal, so I don't see what leverage he really has here to force his way anywhere by faking an injury.

Edited by TheINC

34 minutes ago, TheINC said:

But Ramsey is an elite CB and was on an expiring contract so he had a fair bit of leverage to do what he did in terms of sitting out.  OJ is not elite, arguably has hurt his perceived value with his performance so far this season, and has 2 years left on his deal, so I don't see what leverage he really has here to force his way anywhere by faking an injury.

I'm not saying he's getting traded, but the possibility is there along the same lines as the Ramsey saga, only over a shorter period of time. 

I think we’re holding until Wednesday waivers unless he gets traded to a team that would use him to catch balls.

Does anyone else have a strong feeling he’ll be traded? Pops up on the injury report right before the Bye.

Could a team and player both be on the same page and agree to miss a game due to “injury” just to avoid an actual in-game injury so there’s value by the trade deadline?

• Like 2

The timing on this "injury" is mighty curious...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FMIII said:

Does anyone else have a strong feeling he’ll be traded? Pops up on the injury report right before the Bye.

Could a team and player both be on the same page and agree to miss a game due to “injury” just to avoid an actual in-game injury so there’s value by the trade deadline?

I mean, I doubt they sat down in a room and planned it, but this is 100% because of his trade status. His hamstring "injury" is probably super minor, but he wants a trade and knows the org is trying to get max value from New England (knowing full well that the Pats are going all in for another championship), so he tells them his hamstring is bothering him and they ask zero questions and stick him on the injured list because it's in the interest of all parties. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Islanderman said:

This guy might be the biggest bust I've ever drafted considering the hype.

Honestly with BA taking over along with Howard never really going off last year the hype was unfounded. 

In terms of busts Mixon is the clear winner with Juju being up there. 

I do think this "injury" is encouraging for those hoping for a trade.