Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Yes Mixon is a much bigger bust than OJ Howard.  Mixon was a consensus 2nd round pick, as ridiculous as that was.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is an unfair comparison because his QB went out for the season in the first half of game 1.

Would you consider Edelman a bust if Brady got hurt, Stidham was running the huddle, and Edelman had only an insignificant fraction of his previous production?  I wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes Mixon is a much bigger bust than OJ Howard.  Mixon was a consensus 2nd round pick, as ridiculous as that was.

 

Damien Williams got something to say about that...🤫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes Mixon is a much bigger bust than OJ Howard.  Mixon was a consensus 2nd round pick, as ridiculous as that was.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is an unfair comparison because his QB went out for the season in the first half of game 1.

Would you consider Edelman a bust if Brady got hurt, Stidham was running the huddle, and Edelman had only an insignificant fraction of his previous production?  I wouldn't.

 

Yeah you would still consider Edleman a bust because if your going to give him a pass for his QB getting hurt than you should give a pass for Howard since his coach is misusing him, same goes for Mixon who has numerous factors into why he's been terrible. 

As for Juju the jury is still out if he can be a true #1 WR without AB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

Yeah you would still consider Edleman a bust because if your going to give him a pass for his QB getting hurt than you should give a pass for Howard since his coach is misusing him, same goes for Mixon who has numerous factors into why he's been terrible. 

As for Juju the jury is still out if he can be a true #1 WR without AB. 

Let's see how JuJu does for a season with Roethlisberger before we decide.

As for Howard, he was a 5th-6th rounder mostly.  So far, pretty huge bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, KennyWoo said:

Let me guess: a bunch of people are still holding "because there's nothing else better on the wire?"

 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, sportsfreak2744 said:

 

I picked up to see if he gets moved to a good situation.

With Josh Gordon likely being waived, he and Howard would be potential holds to see if they get traded to better situations.  Kenyan Drake of course too but he's likely owned.  I've already said in the JG thread that I'm not going to get sucked in again, so I think Howard would be a target of mine if I had an open spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect by the end of the season that this thread's page count will be higher than OJ's total yardage for the season...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes Mixon is a much bigger bust than OJ Howard.  Mixon was a consensus 2nd round pick, as ridiculous as that was.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is an unfair comparison because his QB went out for the season in the first half of game 1.

Would you consider Edelman a bust if Brady got hurt, Stidham was running the huddle, and Edelman had only an insignificant fraction of his previous production?  I wouldn't.

I get your point but if Edelman isn't a bust in that scenario then you could say it's not Mixon's fault it's the Oline. 

19 hours ago, TheINC said:

Damien Williams got something to say about that...🤫

I think he had far more bust potential going into drafts than Mixon or Juju. KC did everything they could to bring in a competent back. 

I do think the warning signs were there for Howard as well. BA doesn't use TEs, it's very well known. And the guy couldn't really separate himself from Brate either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes Mixon is a much bigger bust than OJ Howard.  Mixon was a consensus 2nd round pick, as ridiculous as that was.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is an unfair comparison because his QB went out for the season in the first half of game 1.

Would you consider Edelman a bust if Brady got hurt, Stidham was running the huddle, and Edelman had only an insignificant fraction of his previous production?  I wouldn't.

Yeah. A bust is a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Yeah. A bust is a bust.

Yup. Which is why when people defend players that are injured i think is crazy. Yeah it sucks but you're still getting nothing in return for that pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I get your point but if Edelman isn't a bust in that scenario then you could say it's not Mixon's fault it's the Oline. 

I think he had far more bust potential going into drafts than Mixon or Juju. KC did everything they could to bring in a competent back. 

I do think the warning signs were there for Howard as well. BA doesn't use TEs, it's very well known. And the guy couldn't really separate himself from Brate either. 

Im with you up until the end. Hes running a ton of routes but winston isnt targeting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Im with you up until the end. Hes running a ton of routes but winston isnt targeting him.

 

Plays have route progressions, and in Arian's offense the TE isn't usually the primary read, so you have to rely on Winston checking down to his 3rd/4th option. Even with a great QB Howard wouldn't be getting a ton of targets, but with Winston he's really screwed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

 

Plays have route progressions, and in Arian's offense the TE isn't usually the primary read, so you have to rely on Winston checking down to his 3rd/4th option. Even with a great QB Howard wouldn't be getting a ton of targets, but with Winston he's really screwed. 

Coaches call the plays but its up to the QB to make the throws. He doesnt throw to OJ and thats about it,

 

Do you think arians says, "OK throw to godwin but if not him then throw to evans, but ok if not him then throw to howard."

 

A good QB would see who is open. 

 

Or maybe thats why Crab legs throws 5 ints?

Edited by bhawks489

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Coaches call the plays but its up to the QB to make the throws. He doesnt throw to OJ and thats about it,

 

Do you think arians says, "OK throw to godwin but if not him then throw to evans, but ok if not him then throw to howard."

 

A good QB would see who is open. 

 

Or maybe thats why Crab legs throws 5 ints?

 

I mean...yes, that's exactly what I think Arians/Leftwich say when they're in QB meetings breaking down film. Do you seriously not? 

It doesn't matter if you're Brady or if you're Winston, every passing play is designed around a specific read and specific progressions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

 

I mean...yes, that's exactly what I think Arians/Leftwich say when they're in QB meetings breaking down film. Do you seriously not? 

It doesn't matter if you're Brady or if you're Winston, every passing play is designed around a specific read and specific progressions.

Well thats dumb then. Look for the open man. Thats probably why they are 2-4

Edited by bhawks489

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trades going down today. Anybody seeing anything about our guy getting moved? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

He's not getting traded

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Buccaneers would only consider trading O.J. Howard for a "substantial" offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Buccaneers would only consider trading O.J. Howard for a "substantial" offer.


How do we translate this?

 

We are not drumming up as much interest as we would like, so let’s put this out right before the trade deadline, essentially saying: Come and get him people, he is available. 
 

Or is it that they actually have no real interest in trading him?

 

I hope it’s the former. 
 

Signed,

 

Hurting former Dissly owner.

Edited by nromn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many really good landing spots. I would be happy with Rams, Saints, Hawks or Pats.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Krambone said:

So many really good landing spots. I would be happy with Rams, Saints, Hawks or Pats.. 

 

Why would the Rams trade for him? I wonder if New England would do a 1st, 3rd and Damien Harris.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evincar said:

 

Why would the Rams trade for him? I wonder if New England would do a 1st, 3rd and Damien Harris.

 

That's way too much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he gets traded, how long before you guys expect him to be productive... New Year's maybe? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren’t getting a first....he would be utilized if worth a first.

Bucs can’t have it both ways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Reports now sat TB wants a 1st round pick for OJ Howard.

 

NE 1st for OJ Howard. Basically pick #32 for OJ?

 

Seems like a deal that would benefit both sides.

 

https://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-want-a-first-round-pick-for-te-o-j-howard/

He was the 19th overall pick in 2017. If they get a first rounder for him they would be nuts to pass it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.