Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

F it I'm in for Ertz's bye.

I know it's likely he'll be blocking every play.  But it's the Cardinals D vs TEs.  It's impossible to find a better matchup at the position, and it's all dumpster diving anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

F it I'm in for Ertz's bye.

I know it's likely he'll be blocking every play.  But it's the Cardinals D vs TEs.  It's impossible to find a better matchup at the position, and it's all dumpster diving anyway.

There are plenty of decent options on the wire. This guy is the actual bottom of the barrel.

6 hours ago, devaster said:

There are plenty of decent options on the wire. This guy is the actual bottom of the barrel.

Not this week he's not.

7 hours ago, devaster said:

There are plenty of decent options on the wire. 

Yeah in 8 teamers 

4 hours ago, affliction said:

Yeah in 8 teamers 

Compared to Howard? There are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Compared to Howard? There are.

I am tending to agree with you , I added him had him.. slotted him in my TE spot and then thought about it for a second and realized I'd rather plug in Doyle for his probable 8-12 Pts PPR or even a recently dropped Hockenson in my 12 team league, think a lot of people will be burned. Granted Doyle or Hock could just as easily burn you but they have some sort of floor. 

Edited by CroNY

I think he's worth a pickup before this Arizona matchup. It's possible he busts again but there's a chance he blows up and then you'd have to waste a waiver/faab to grab him at that point.

if he busts then you can just drop him again

Bucs and O.J. Howard on Sunday face an Arizona defense that's given up these games to tight ends in 2019: (catches-yards-TD) Hockenson 6-131-1 Andrews 8-112-1 Olsen 6-75-2 Dissly 7-57-1 Hooper 8-117-1 Kittle 6-79-1 All got 7-9 targets against Cardinals ...

Bruce Arians, asked today if O.J. Howard could play a bigger role in second half: "We'll wait and see. Coverage dictates where balls go. He's doing a hell of a job blocking.

God is Arians that dense..  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Bucs and O.J. Howard on Sunday face an Arizona defense that's given up these games to tight ends in 2019: (catches-yards-TD) Hockenson 6-131-1 Andrews 8-112-1 Olsen 6-75-2 Dissly 7-57-1 Hooper 8-117-1 Kittle 6-79-1 All got 7-9 targets against Cardinals ...

Bruce Arians, asked today if O.J. Howard could play a bigger role in second half: "We'll wait and see. Coverage dictates where balls go. He's doing a hell of a job blocking.

Yep, he is.  30 targets for Godwin/Evans on Sunday.

54 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yep, he is.  30 targets for Godwin/Evans on Sunday.

Please let this happen again and again to infinity and beyond.  

2 hours ago, Islanderman said:

Those questions will never, ever get a straight answer if it is even somewhat in doubt.

I mean, sure you say, "we need to get the ball more to Mike Evans" if Evans doesn't have a catch in a game, because duh.

But yeah something this game specific, involving a fringier player coaches are almost always gonna play it cagey.

14 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Those questions will never, ever get a straight answer if it is even somewhat in doubt.

I mean, sure you say, "we need to get the ball more to Mike Evans" if Evans doesn't have a catch in a game, because duh.

But yeah something this game specific, involving a fringier player coaches are almost always gonna play it cagey.

Maybe we should take him at his word lol.. I don't think we can make any assumptions that Arians is playing mind games with the way Howards season has unfolded. I understand he's playing the worst team in the league against the TE, I just don't see his ceiling as high as everyone else sees it even this week and his floor is zero. I understand this is a BYE week fill in for everyone I had him slotted in there until today, but I'd rather roll out Hock if he's available in your league. I don't see anyone emerging in this offense aside from Godwin/Evans maybe Ronald Jones. 

Edited by CroNY

2 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Maybe we should take him at his word lol.. I don't think we can make any assumptions that Arians is playing mind games with the way Howards season has unfolded. I understand he's playing the worst team in the league against the TE, I just don't see his ceiling as high as everyone else sees it even this week and his floor is zero. I understand this is a BYE week fill in for everyone I had him slotted in there until today, but I'd rather roll out Hock if he's available in your league. I don't see anyone emerging in this offense aside from Godwin/Evans aside from maybe Ronald Jones. 

Maybe so.  But it's only TE, statistically speaking the opportunity cost of that 0 is only about 7 or 8 points by comparison.

I'ma do it.  May God have mercy on us all.

• Like 1

I think he's a great one time streamer for this week. I doubt he becomes a weekly starter this season.

This is the week boys, he's gonna be the Derrick Henry of TEs this year!! (slow starter that pops off 2nd half of the season)

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

Brate will score 2 TDs just because OJ is back

Right now JW is totally all in on his WRs (as he should be, I think Evans is the WR #1 in FF right now). I look for JW to keep targeting his top two WRs and look for Brate and OJ as check downs. TB is not running plays to feature either TE. The focus is on getting the running game going and the WRs. So, is OJ a bad play? No. He has talent and he may get leaked out in the RZ and get a TD. But, both TEs are blockers first to protect JW.

I truly think it’s hopeless in an Arians offense; doubly so with a s--- offensive line. Good god they should have traded him already to get picks to get fat guard and tackle beefalo livestock hosses. Dumb bucs

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the 4th highest scoring TE of the week pending SNF/MNF.

LOL.

For the 1st time we got a taste of what OJ stealing from the WRS feels like. I prefer OJ getting nothing lol but credit to you if you started him.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the 4th 5th highest scoring TE of the week pending SNF/MNF.

LOL.

Just now, austin316 said:

For the 1st time we got a taste of what OJ stealing from the WRS feels like. I prefer OJ getting nothing lol but credit to you if you started him.

There wasn't a whole lot of risk.  It's a TE.  He was playing against Zona.

I wouldn't start him again all year