Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Yes. Top two wr on a team that can’t run and the game should be a shootout. 

 

Unless it's a ROJO monster game. Did everyone forget how they fed him with passes in AZ game until he fumbled  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the positive signs are there. opportunities abound. the player's talent is unquestioned. 
in other words: brace yourselves for another collosal disappointment. It's O.J. Howard.
And Lord knows I'm starting him. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Unless it's a ROJO monster game. Did everyone forget how they fed him with passes in AZ game until he fumbled  🤣

 

So how many target do you predict for ROJO then? James can throw it 50 times potentially.

 

You think ROJo gets 12 targets?

Perriman gets 15?

Brate gets 10?

Ishmael Hyman gets 3

Peyton Barber gets 4

New practice squad receiver gets 7?

 

I'm trying to figure out what point you are making with the funneling passes to ROJo?

 

I was being facetious above but at best ROJo gets like 8 targets. 

 

Are you trying to take a subtle shot at the lack of usage for OJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

So how many target do you predict for ROJO then? James can throw it 50 times potentially.

 

You think ROJo gets 12 targets?

Perriman gets 15?

Brate gets 10?

Ishmael Hyman gets 3

Peyton Barber gets 4

New practice squad receiver gets 7?

 

I'm trying to figure out what point you are making with the funneling passes to ROJo?

 

I was being facetious above but at best ROJo gets like 8 targets. 

 

Are you trying to take a subtle shot at the lack of usage for OJ?

 

The fact is we have seen this movie before. OJ was gong to be a stud in the Ariz game because TE's torch AZ. The outcome was Arians made Rojo the focus of the passing game and he was the fantasy stud instead. Rojo had about 8 or 9targets in that game and he had maybe 3 all season. OJ had about 8 targets also and he did  at best 12pts in ppr when stud TE's were putting up 20 and 30pt games. 

No one predicted Rojo would be fantasy relevant in that game except for getting a TD, instead the outcome was he was the only buc over 20 fantasy pts and would have had more until he fumbled😂

The assumption and facts were pass catching TE's destroy AZ and OJ wsa the most hyped TE play of the week. The outcome was he produced  11pts on 8 targets significantly below fantasy expectations.

 

Guys like you make a false correlation about his targets and production. You keep thinking if he gets more targets he will be a stud. Howard gets PLENTY of TARGETS for a TE who runs routes,  that's a fact. He had 7 against DET with no evans+godwin and managed 8 ppr points. 

The fact is OJ is not very good at converting his targets into big fantasy points because he doesnt produce TD's and Yac's. 

I'm not interested in OJ getting more targets, i'm more interested on the value of those targets specifically in the red and endzone.

I look at facts not what I want things to be because I want to hype a player 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

The fact is we have seen this movie before. OJ was gong to be a stud in the Ariz game because TE's torch AZ. The outcome was Arians made Rojo the focus of the passing game and he was the fantasy stud instead. Rojo had about 8 or 9targets in that game and he had maybe 3 all season. OJ had about 8 targets also and he did  at best 12pts in ppr when stud TE's were putting up 20 and 30pt games. 

No one predicted Rojo would be fantasy relevant in that game except for getting a TD, instead the outcome was he was the only buc over 20 fantasy pts and would have had more until he fumbled😂

The assumption and facts were pass catching TE's destroy AZ and OJ wsa the most hyped TE play of the week. The outcome was he produced  11pts on 8 targets significantly below fantasy expectations.

 

Guys like you make a false correlation about his targets and production. You keep thinking if he gets more targets he will be a stud. Howard gets PLENTY of TARGETS for a TE who runs routes,  that's a fact. He had 7 against DET with no evans+godwin and managed 8 ppr points. 

The fact is OJ is not very good at converting his targets into big fantasy points because he doesnt produce TD's and Yac's. 

I'm not interested in OJ getting more targets, i'm more interested on the value of those targets specifically in the red and endzone.

I look at facts not what I want things to be because I want to hype a player 😉

 

 

Lol

 

OJ had 7 targets against Arizona and caught 4 for 47 yards and a TD and TB had their full complement of WRs, unlike today.

 

Thank you for your response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lol

 

OJ had 7 targets against Arizona and caught 4 for 47 yards and a TD and TB had their full complement of WRs, unlike today.

 

Thank you for your response. 

 

and he had 12 ppr points when other Te's were shredding AZ for 20-30 and

vs DET with no evans+godwin and perriman  with +30ppr points . . .OJ had  7 targets  4 rec 46 yds and 8 ppr points  and brate had 7 targets 3 rec  33yds for 6 ppr points 

So thank you for your response 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

The fact is we have seen this movie before. OJ was gong to be a stud in the Ariz game because TE's torch AZ. The outcome was Arians made Rojo the focus of the passing game and he was the fantasy stud instead. Rojo had about 8 or 9targets in that game and he had maybe 3 all season. OJ had about 8 targets also and he did  at best 12pts in ppr when stud TE's were putting up 20 and 30pt games. 

No one predicted Rojo would be fantasy relevant in that game except for getting a TD, instead the outcome was he was the only buc over 20 fantasy pts and would have had more until he fumbled😂

The assumption and facts were pass catching TE's destroy AZ and OJ wsa the most hyped TE play of the week. The outcome was he produced  11pts on 8 targets significantly below fantasy expectations.

 

Guys like you make a false correlation about his targets and production. You keep thinking if he gets more targets he will be a stud. Howard gets PLENTY of TARGETS for a TE who runs routes,  that's a fact. He had 7 against DET with no evans+godwin and managed 8 ppr points. 

The fact is OJ is not very good at converting his targets into big fantasy points because he doesnt produce TD's and Yac's. 

I'm not interested in OJ getting more targets, i'm more interested on the value of those targets specifically in the red and endzone.

I look at facts not what I want things to be because I want to hype a player 😉

 

Targets aren’t everything but an increase in targets helps every single player. Godwin was doing fine before the Evans injury but with Evans gone if he didn’t get injured he was on his way to a monster game due to getting more targets. If OJ was getting 7-8 targets before and now maybe gets 10-12 all that does is increase his chances for a bigger game. That’s all you can really ask for in fantasy football. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lol

 

OJ had 7 targets against Arizona and caught 4 for 47 yards and a TD and TB had their full complement of WRs, unlike today.

 

Thank you for your response. 

 

Now you can argue with the FACTS 🤣

 

  • QBJameis Winston 10.64PASS: 24/46, 326 yds, 1 TD, 4 INT, RUSH: 2 att, 16 yds
  • RBRonald Jones II 19.90RUSH: 14 att, 77 yds, 1 TD, REC: 4 tgts, 3 recs, 32 yds
  • RBDare Ogunbowale 4.50REC: 4 tgts, 2 recs, 25 yds
  • RBPeyton Barber 1.30RUSH: 5 att, 13 yds
  • WRBreshad Perriman 17.20REC: 12 tgts, 7 recs, 102 yds
  • WRJustin Watson 15.30REC: 10 tgts, 5 recs, 43 yds, 1 TD
  • WRIshmael Hyman 4.10REC: 2 tgts, 1 recs, 31 yds
  • WRCodey McElroy 4.00REC: 1 tgts, 1 recs, 30 yds
  • TEO.J. Howard 7.60REC: 7 tgts, 3 recs, 46 yds
  • TECameron Brate 3.70REC: 5 tgts, 2 recs, 17 yds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he did get the opportunity but he basically looked like a cardboard box running routes. The guy has stone hands and no wiggle. No wonder they haven’t been using him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Well he did get the opportunity but he basically looked like a cardboard box running routes. The guy has stone hands and no wiggle. No wonder they haven’t been using him.

 

He doesnt produce well with his target opportunity despite all of the hype that surrounds him and the matchups and situation. This has been consistent the entire season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well he did get the opportunity but he basically looked like a cardboard box running routes. The guy has stone hands and no wiggle. No wonder they haven’t been using him.

Hey 43 yards is at least something. Kinda easy game all around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Hey 43 yards is at least something. Kinda easy game all around

It is but he dropped about two balls that could have got around 30-40 more yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

He doesnt produce well with his target opportunity despite all of the hype that surrounds him and the matchups and situation. This has been consistent the entire season.

But again opportunity sometimes is all you can ask for when you don’t have great options. He had a red zone look maybe 2 and a couple dropped balls that could have gave him a fairly good game. He just couldn’t produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

It is but he dropped about two balls that could have got around 30-40 more yards.

That drop on the double move was everything. Difference between a poor game and a good/great game. He might have been able to take that for a TD. Brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aapox said:

That drop on the double move was everything. Difference between a poor game and a good/great game. He might have been able to take that for a TD. Brutal.

Yeah if he doesn’t fall flat on his face and catches that ball it’s a TD. But even just a catch and tackle would have been a pretty good gain right there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bryce84 said:

 

I am going the other way with it.  Have Hollister and OJ but playing OJ.  More opportunities opening up for OJ in what projects to be a high scoring game against a defense that's been the 2nd worst in fantasy points vs TEs the last 5 weeks (only NYG have been worse).  Hollister had his highest usage when Lockett wasn't quite himself, and now he appears to be back into form.  Hollister does benefit ever so slightly from losing Josh Gordon, but Luke Willson is going to be back this game too.  It's not an easy decision but thats where my instincts are pointing me.

Hollister is playing against Arizona who could be the worst team in NFL history in covering the TE: That's just tips the scale in Hollister balance enough for me  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness this back and forth about the hype and  uselessness of OJ Howard is over. He was literally the biggest bust vs his pre-season hype.

Arians showed the world that he does not care about pass catching TE's in his offense What we have also learned that coaching philosophies and schemes matter more than a players talent and his production in anther offense.

Coaches matter more than talent

OJ Howard will be my late round TE pick next season 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dashoe said:

Thank goodness this back and forth about the hype and  uselessness of OJ Howard is over. He was literally the biggest bust vs his pre-season hype.

Arians showed the world that he does not care about pass catching TE's in his offense What we have also learned that coaching philosophies and schemes matter more than a players talent and his production in anther offense.

Coaches matter more than talent

OJ Howard will be my late round TE pick next season 😂

Seconded - Lamont, my regards 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So funny to think back to April and how difficult it was to just talk people back from drafting this guy as a “top-5” TE.

 

‘Course...they’re gone now

 

We would universally benefit from more off-season puff-pieces from beat writers still chasing the dream.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[...] 

He was overthrown on a big throw and had a ball clang off his hands. Could have had a big game.

Bottom line with this guy: He's overrated offensively. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

So funny to think back to April and how difficult it was to just talk people back from drafting this guy as a “top-5” TE.

 

‘Course...they’re gone now

 

We would universally benefit from more off-season puff-pieces from beat writers still chasing the dream.

 

The bloggers pushing OJ Howard+Darwin Thompson was at the level of hysteria. they were pushed more than Jacobs who actually delivered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

The bloggers pushing OJ Howard+Darwin Thompson was at the level of hysteria. they were pushed more than Jacobs who actually delivered

Jacobs was more of a sure thing. The fringe players get pushed and hyped as sleepers that shoots their draft stock way up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BMcP said:

So funny to think back to April and how difficult it was to just talk people back from drafting this guy as a “top-5” TE.

 

‘Course...they’re gone now

 

We would universally benefit from more off-season puff-pieces from beat writers still chasing the dream.

It’s hard to pump a player late in the season when you see the body of work. Are people still pumping Damien Williams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It’s hard to pump a player late in the season when you see the body of work. Are people still pumping Damien Williams?

I wouldn't be surprised. The fact that anyone added this dude is mind boggling. 

Shoot, people are still talking abiut odell like he is breakout candidate of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.