Flyman75

Evan Engram 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Over the years, I feel like this is one of those cliché type statements that tends to work out. 

ASYS people.

4 hours ago, bam327 said:

Always start your studs. Engram is a stud

But the question was: if you have two studs, what to do?  Do you respect what the numbers tell you about the Bills defense?

12 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

But the question was: if you have two studs, what to do?  Do you respect what the numbers tell you about the Bills defense?

The words respect and bills don't belong in the same sentence.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

The Bills secondary is legit

The words legit and bills don't belong in the same sentence.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, scheibler said:

I'm doing the same as that guy with Waller over Engram. If Engram goes off so be it, but bills were toP D against TEs and it wasn't close. KC was 2nd worst last yr. It's not bad to play matchups sometimes. My whole league laughed at me starting Goodwin over AJG two years ago in the semi finals and it was the reason I won. 

I mean, Waller appears to have gotten his real and football life together and it's shown through the off-season and been validated week 1.  There probably isn't a better matchup with a shootout with the Chiefs.  If there's any week to make this call it's now if you perceive Engram to have a horrible matchup.

The Giants really don't use Engram like a typical TE, and he's basically a huge WR anyway.  So I'm not worried about the matchup too much.  But you do have another great option, and if that's what your gut tells you to do it's not a bad decision.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1

Over/Under 9.5 targets?🤔

Match-up stats for TEs are usually useless due to the target volatility, and skill volatility, at the position from team to team. Broadly, if a DST plays a boatload of teams that use TEs mostly in pass protection they will of course look good against the position, etc. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:56 PM, Nap Time said:

You win this round. The risk was there but everyone had to start him. Consider this engram's floor game.

Eli stinks. Jeez. Hope they have some competent play but that's always the concern.

Bills are tough- keep your tight ends away 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, brosephd said:

daniel jones by week 6? hopefully he got a good rapport with engram

Daniel Jones is the starter -- this week.  Anyone know anything about their rapport? 

11 hours ago, rocket said:

Daniel Jones is the starter -- this week.  Anyone know anything about their rapport? 

Not too sure about their rapport since I don't think Engram played much if at all this preseason. What I do know is DJ has been surprisingly accurate this preseason, has more than enough arm strength to get the ball downfield and has the ability to extend plays, something Eli couldn't do, which should mean big play potential for Engram, arguably the Giants best receiver.  

12 hours ago, rocket said:

Doesn't matter. A TE is a young QB's best friend. Engram should do just fine and might actually have a better season if Jones lives up to how well he performed in the pre-season.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rocket said:

If you own Engram your starting him regardless, benching Engram that's that stuff i don't like.

• Like 2

The switch can’t hurt Engram. If anything, having a more mobile, stronger-armed QB could help Engram. 

10 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

The switch can’t hurt Engram. If anything, having a more mobile, stronger-armed QB could help Engram. 

I completely agree.. Eli is not capable of the off scripted plays too often and certainly not the last few years.. I want to see some Jones improv hitting Engram down the seam for a 40 yard pass scenario we will all hope for. Jones will certainly struggle at times but I think we have a better shot at those types of plays and he is certainly capable of hitting Engram for that pass in the flat or short slant like Eli was doing. Higher chance for explosive plays in regards to Engram now IMO

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Does dj lower engrams floor? Even a bit?

No... strong arm that will actually be able to get the ball down field + mobility to extend plays = boom plays now a possibility.  He'll now be able to reach his floor in one play and the ceiling just went way up imo.

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Does dj lower engrams floor? Even a bit?

I mean Eli was pretty awful , can we go any lower . I think not 

28 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I mean Eli was pretty awful , can we go any lower . I think not 

please refer to jags, jets, and the dolphins. just saying.

27 minutes ago, larfboy said:

please refer to jags, jets, and the dolphins. just saying.

Huh ? Not sure I follow. We’re talking about Evan Engram’s floor here... in relation to Eli as his QB , and now Daniel Jones. 

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Huh ? Not sure I follow. We’re talking about Evan Engram’s floor here... in relation to Eli as his QB , and now Daniel Jones. 

Just replying to your comment of "can it get any worse?" and i am saying it sure can.