Flyman75

Evan Engram 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Loving the production, but he seems to disappear for long periods every game.

I mean he was getting doubled some of the game and Jones wasn't forcing anything to anyone which is good.. 6 Receptions 113 yards and a TD he can't pop off the screen all 60 minutes.

How do we feel with Tate coming back and Barkley being back in 2-3 weeks? I expect the volume to be lower but might open up more room. Still a top 3 TE

1 hour ago, Mmiller186 said:

How do we feel with Tate coming back and Barkley being back in 2-3 weeks? I expect the volume to be lower but might open up more room. Still a top 3 TE

Defenses will always focus on stopping Saquan Barkley which is good for the other guys. 

I'm sure Engram was getting more attention last week w/o Barkley and Wayne Gallman went crazy.  No need to worry about Engram.

• Like 2

Engram was just peachy with Saquon. Love that tandem. Tate is a small concern, but I agree that it could open up the coverage for Engram. Helps Danny boy, that's for sure. (I absolutely refuse to say Danny Dimes)

Word is he's dealing with a knee injury?  Not good with this being a short week.    

(RotoWire) Engram (knee) was projected to be a non-participant on Monday's injury report, Dan Duggan of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: The Giants have a short week of preparation for Thursday's game against the Patriots and didn't actually practice Monday, but it's still an alarming sign that Engram was estimated as a non-participant. The 25-year-old caught six of 11 targets for 42 yards and played 58 of 69 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Vikings. Engram figures to have a slim chance of playing Thursday unless he can progress to limited participation within the next two days.

Damn all bad , hopefully nothing too serious and it was kind've a rest day for Engram, sitting him as to not aggravate it . Not idea , just guessing. We shall what's really up tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. 

• Like 1

FFS...Dude offered me Engram & Kirk for Kittle this week(PPR) and I of course jumped on it.

Really hoping this dude is OK but on a short week I also don't want to see him rushed out there and risk further injury. Sigh.

• Haha 1

Damn. I’ll really need engram this week but would much rather him sit and get healthy. 5-1 isn’t so bad 

Any decent replacement options on the WW? Probably some under the radar guy that makes sense? Herndon is owned in all my leagues already, Everett a good option if Cooks is out. Other than that Witten is probably the safest play in that large TE2 tier.

5 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Any decent replacement options on the WW? Probably some under the radar guy that makes sense? Herndon is owned in all my leagues already, Everett a good option if Cooks is out. Other than that Witten is probably the safest play in that large TE2 tier.

Damn what a blow not having Engram this week. I’ve been looking at Everett also as a replacement. Hopefully Cooks doesn’t clear concussion protocol , & Gerald can garner some more looks. I rather pass on Witten and his 3 points. 

Some very un-sexy put possible replacement ideas could be:

Vance McDonald

Jared Cook

Jason Witten

I assume Everett will be snatched up by someone on the WW.  If you feel like burning a high priority on him go for it, but A) I'm skeptical this was a 1 week wonder type deal with Everett and B ) hopefully Engram should be good to go with 2 weeks off, so it's not like we're looking for a long term solution.  I wouldn't want to burn my WW priority on a guy for a 1 week replacement, when I've already got a stud at the position.

It depends what grade it is in regards to how long and if he will be out.

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Some very un-sexy put possible replacement ideas could be:

Vance McDonald

Jared Cook

Jason Witten

I assume Everett will be snatched up by someone on the WW.  If you feel like burning a high priority on him go for it, but A) I'm skeptical this was a 1 week wonder type deal with Everett and B ) hopefully Engram should be good to go with 2 weeks off, so it's not like we're looking for a long term solution.  I wouldn't want to burn my WW priority on a guy for a 1 week replacement, when I've already got a stud at the position.

Go back and look at his week 4.  Everett is worth the add.  He's carving out a nice role.

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I rather pass on Witten and his 3 points. 

At least he has seen exactly 4 targets every game and catches everything if it's catchable. In 2 out of 5 games he scored TDs. If I can't get Everett, Witten is my plan B. All other TEs have a floor of zilch and not much - if any - better upside.

I'm banking on Witten getting wide open in the endzone on play action, as he's been doing for years.😁

No kiddin: among the lowly TE2 types Witten is the safest play.

6 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Hopefully this is a sign he won't miss much time.

Very good sign!

Tbh I can't believe it's any type of long lasting issue, because he wouldn't be out there in pads on Tuesday if it was serious and if he had no chance to suit up on TNF.

Even if he sits out TNF, seems to be a low grade MCL sprain.

• Like 2

Atleast need him back to dominate the Cardinals next week

5 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Very good sign!

Tbh I can't believe it's any type of long lasting issue, because he wouldn't be out there in pads on Tuesday if it was serious and if he had no chance to suit up on TNF.

Even if he sits out TNF, seems to be a low grade MCL sprain.

Yup low grade can be a few days or a week, granted they very well may hold him out this week.

I think its pretty much a guarantee he's not playing this week due to the short week. Hoping to pick up Everett as a replacement.

Poor match up anyway, keep him out so he'll be ready after the long break between games

• Like 1

The bad news is he will miss some time. The good news is it doesn't sound like a bad MCL sprain if he's trying to run routes.  The worst MCL ones seem to be 6-8 weeks, but with him at practice lets hope its just a week or two.