Flyman75

Evan Engram 2019 Outlook

This really sucks. I was hoping to not have to waste a bench spot on a 2nd TE until his late season bye. Now we have to keep a capable backup on board for multiple weeks most likely before he’s in the clear. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frog34 said:

At least he has seen exactly 4 targets every game and catches everything if it's catchable. In 2 out of 5 games he scored TDs. If I can't get Everett, Witten is my plan B. All other TEs have a floor of zilch and not much - if any - better upside.

I'm banking on Witten getting wide open in the endzone on play action, as he's been doing for years.😁

No kiddin: among the lowly TE2 types Witten is the safest play.

I could pivot to Vance McDonald on the wire, I don't know.. not sure yet . Your starting to talk me into Witten now, don't you do it god damnit !! lol But frog honestly any TE can get open in the end zone and maybe catch a TD , it's all a dart throw at the end of the day.

Back to Engram, I highly doubt he will be out longer than a week or two. I mean dude is out there practicing still , that's a huge sign it aint something serious.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Do you guys know or think Engram will be back next week?

Know? No.

Think? Maybe

Pray? Definitely

The fact he got in "limited" practices this week is somewhat encouraging, as is the 10 days off between games. Fingers crossed bud.

Engram practiced today so that's practice last week and already starting this week. I would guess he plays this week.

Oh man, what a matchup this would be if he could return against the Cardinals. Been playing FF for a very long time and there have always been a couple of defenses each year you could target to stream TE. But the Cardinals are on a whole new level of ineptidue when it comes to covering TE. If Engram suits up, expecting 100/1 seems almost like a modest projection! 😁

• Like 4

Just traded for this guy. That playoff schedule is dreamy. This guy said he feel very optimistic playing this week. Fingers crossed.

We in here boys!

“I feel really good,” Engram said. “Got out there, was running around. It was good to get out there moving around. I’ve got a long week to get ready, so coach is taking care of us, but we did get some good work in. It felt good today.”

Engram was hurt against Minnesota on Oct. 6, giving him scant time to recover in time for last Thursday night’s game in New England.

“Definitely, last week was tough, and the short week didn’t really help, but today with the rest that I got, I felt really good,” Engram said.

The third-year pro missed three games last season with a knee injury but said the two issues are dissimilar.

“It’s definitely not as severe,” Engram said. “That was kind of the thing, I could tell a good difference from experiencing what I went through last year. So, it was definitely kind of a common feeling, but the trainers have done a good job of getting me ready and getting the recovery going.”

Engram said he is “pretty optimistic” he will play on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see how Engram doesn't go off this week.  This could be his biggest game of the year.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I don't see how Engram doesn't go off this week.  This could be his biggest game of the year.  

I actually think this game is going to be a fantasy gold unfortunate because I'm playing Murray but I think Engrams floor is really high. Cardinals have allowed 46 receptions 599 yards and 7 touchdowns to the TE this year in 6 games, insane. This could be the biggest game of his career production wise don't wanna jinx him but pretty excited.

Edited by CroNY

Naturally he would go for 1 catch for 6 yards.. after TE's coming into the game averaged 100 yards and a TE vs that defense, logical. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 targets for Tate

Guy is ******** things up no doubt

[...] This dude is only a top 5 TE when he is literally the only receiving threat.....when Sterling Shepherd comes back imagine it will only get worse. Dude will become your typical TD or bust tight end.

Oh well

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

I wish I can give you guys some insight about Engram from someone who watched the entire game, but I was moreso focused on the awful play-calling by the HC and the health of Barkley. 

Engram had two drops including an easy 30 yard catch down the sidelines that he just took his eyes off before reeling it in. At one point in the game, he got poked in the eye and was literally seeing out of one eye for the rest of the game. Between that, the rain and the awful play-calling, you get the result that we see.

Also, Danny Dimes is looking too much for the big play which is getting him in trouble with INT's and fumbles from holding the ball too long. I blame Shurmur mostly for not getting DJ out of the pocket enough and throwing quick strikes to Engram which would have helped.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I wish I can give you guys some insight about Engram from someone who watched the entire game, but I was moreso focused on the awful play-calling by the HC and the health of Barkley. 

Engram had two drops including an easy 30 yard catch down the sidelines that he just took his eyes off before reeling it in. At one point in the game, he got poked in the eye and was literally seeing out of one eye for the rest of the game. Between that, the rain and the awful play-calling, you get the result that we see.

Also, Danny Dimes is looking too much for the big play which is getting him in trouble with INT's and fumbles from holding the ball too long. I blame Shurmur mostly for not getting DJ out of the pocket enough and throwing quick strikes to Engram which would have helped.

Thanks for the insight, unfortunately missed the game. Seems like Shurmur has been getting killed everywhere,I read some of his post game explanations he started to sound like Freddie Kitchens. . .Even calling draw plays on 3rd and forever. . .Doesn't seem to be much rhythm or flow to his play calling or scheme gave him a pass for the Minn/NE games with all the injuries but there are plenty of coaches making due with less a lot less than Saquon, Engram, Tate etc.. 

Edited by CroNY

1 hour ago, CroNY said:

Thanks for the insight, unfortunately missed the game. Seems like Shurmur has been getting killed everywhere,I read some of his post game explanations he started to sound like Freddie Kitchens. . .Even calling draw plays on 3rd and forever. . .Doesn't seem to be much rhythm or flow to his play calling or scheme gave him a pass for the Minn/NE games with all the injuries but there are plenty of coaches making due with less a lot less than Saquon, Engram, Tate etc.. 

Shurmur gotta go!

Did somebody in here actually watch the game? It was pouring down all day. Very tough conditions to establish a passing game.

Cardinals were smart enough to change their air it out offense to ground heavy, riding Edmonds. Giants passing on early downs was a mistake, just to be cautious with Barkley. But they could've used their 2nd string RB as well. When they had to pass at the end, you saw that circumstances were too bad for any pass catcher and QB. The heavy rain all game long was unreal.

But hey, Engram got poked in the eye by Terrell Suggs. So there is that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 904kc said:

I miss Eli Manning...

Me too. At least he knows to Target Engram

• Like 1

That was the most disappointing result from what should have been a huge game that I can remember in recent history

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

That was the most disappointing result from what should have been a huge game that I can remember in recent history

Because fantasy football right? I’m going to fade any matchup noise going forward and just start whomever regardless of matchup...matchup contains way too much noise now. I.e. bears are getting obliterated on the ground now- they don’t look like a stay away defense anymore. 

also some other things to think about is when the offenses improving and stay in the field, it’s way beneficial for defenses who have been struggling to gain a bit of extra rest. Cardinals d was OK yesterday and they’ve won 3 straight. 

don’t own this guy anymore but I thought his bucs game was really what he could do...but he’s also seeming fragile a bit