Flyman75

Evan Engram 2019 Outlook

On 10/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, 904kc said:

I miss Eli Manning...

Eli made every one of his playmakers better. The biggest myth in FF the last few years is that Eli was somehow holding back his playmakers. Literally the exact opposite has proven to be true. Think about it:

OBJ = lower Fantasy value without Eli

Engram = lower Fantasy value without Eli

Saquon = lower Fantasy value without Eli

• Haha 1

Damn, vs my Cardinals I thought Engram was going to FEAST... now I'm wondering if I need another TE to rotate with him.

Will likely give him 1 more week as unquestioned starter, cmon bro, show out to make up for last week!

24 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Damn, vs my Cardinals I thought Engram was going to FEAST... now I'm wondering if I need another TE to rotate with him.

Will likely give him 1 more week as unquestioned starter, cmon bro, show out to make up for last week!

Yeah all of us were disappointed , kid bummed it. But just 2 weeks ago he was considered a top3 TE . I think he deserves a few more weeks , not just 1 , as a set & forget TE . Daniel Jones needs to play better as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philnutz said:

Is he still dropping a lot of balls?

Here and there, although last Sunday I'll give his disaster of a game a pass due to being poked in the eye by Terrell Suggs. Also, I don't have much of a choice.

1 hour ago, dropshadows said:

Here and there, although last Sunday I'll give his disaster of a game a pass due to being poked in the eye by Terrell Suggs. Also, I don't have much of a choice.

The poke in the eye shouldn't be too bad. Drops happened because of the heavy rain. It was pouring down all game like crazy and all players had issues with the turf and footing. I don't really get why people complain about stats in this game, like Kyler Murray not airing it out or Larry Fitzgerald with just 1 catch, when circumstances didn't favor passing at all. This was almost like a snow game.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realize the weather played a roll in this game, I guess I feel a little better going forward

Just traded for him, really hope he delivers moving forward and salvages my roster from TE hell.  The sked is certainly favorable, but honestly i'd rather see Eli back under pivot at this point.

6 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

There were drops. I cant figure out why it was raining and he wasn't wearing gloves 

In rain most WRs and RBs playl without gloves. Let alone in heavy rain. If you've played under such conditions you know what I'm talking about.

Engram has always had solid hands. For every drop that happens he will make up for it with 2 or 3 big-time catches. There is no TE who never drops a pass. TEs play in traffic more often and therefore are more prone to drops. It's a non-issue with Engram if someone tries to make one out of it.

The main issue, regardless of the outlier rain game, is Daniel Jones being a rookie and rattled too soon, which makes the quality of his passes much worse. Eli sucks, but he won't get rattled as easiy and will complete passes to his playmakers at a predictable rate. Can't say that about Daniel Jones yet. In the long run though, Jones-to-Engram will be a fine combo.

• Thanks 3

the brace is off, the weather is good, and he'll be motivated to improve from last week.

TE1 numbers coming this week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pooskay said:

the brace is off, the weather is good, and he'll be motivated to improve from last week.

TE1 numbers coming this week.

And we need him now more then EVER.  It's time Mr. Engram.  Time to step up your game and deliver us to the FF playoffs.

• Like 2

Hi Shurmur,

Can you stop having your TE with 4.3 speed run 4 yard curl routes the entire game?

Best,

CroNY

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Hi Shurmur,

Can you stop having your TE with 4.3 speed run 4 yard curl routes the entire game?

Best,

CroNY

Slants and seems baby!

Dude is made of glass, doesn't help the idiotic coach has him running 4 yard curls getting clobbered by linebackers the second he catches the ball. Using a 4.3 speed TE in that role is ridiculous, Tate should be more of the security blanket underneath. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CroNY said:

Dude is made of glass, doesn't help the idiotic coach has him running 4 yard curls getting clobbered by linebackers the second he catches the ball. Using a 4.3 speed TE in that role is ridiculous, Tate should be more of the security blanket underneath. 

Agree, just idiotic play calling. 

Elite talent and you can't be creative to get your best WR/TE the ball in space?   

Here we go, I partially blame Shurmur for this I know it's only Wednesday but the routes he has him running are ridiculous.. 

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Dude is made of glass.. that being said Shurmur is also to blame for this he took multiple cringe worthy hits in the Dallas game because the moronic head coach has him running 4 yard curls.