lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Lindsays best game of the season was against the chargers.  Any chance of a repeat performance?

thoughts on this week matchup @ hou?  theyre not great against the run, phil just hasnt been able to find the endzone recently.

2 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Safe to trust him today in the snow?

Denver should be looking to run the ball all day....

• Like 2

Had him safely in my lineup but just noticed he did nothing against KC at home in their first matchup. Offense is in better shape now though and they should run a lot in the snow but torn here.

• Like 1

Just now, Finisher said:

Had him safely in my lineup but just noticed he did nothing against KC at home in their first matchup. Offense is in better shape now though and they should run a lot in the snow but torn here.

I think you can throw out anything from that first game. Flacco was just horrible. Lock is already a significant upgrade and has shown he’ll make teams pay if they stack the box. The Broncos have also fully committed to Lindsay as their starter whereas Freeman was getting almost half the work before. I think the snow may actually help the running game. I’m flexing Lindsay with confidence and hoping for a big day.

• Like 1

How are we feeling about Lindsay this week?

He's been a very frustrating player to own this year and I have very little confidence in him or the Broncos offense.  I'm also constantly irritated that Freeman continues to play 40-50% of the snaps every game.

That said, not sure we could ask for a much better matchup for Week 16 at home against the Lions.  This should be a game the Broncos probably stay out in front and should provide Lindsay 15-20 touches.  He feels way overdue for a solid game and a big play.

Rolling with Lindsay or pivoting? 

Lions fan here: The season-long numbers may not reflect it, but they've stiffened against the run the past several weeks. Obviously you can beat them through the air easily, but I don't trust that Lindsay's gonna get enough targets. I survived his dud last week, but opted to drop him this week and will start Drake, Singletary, or Hunt in his place (PPR).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueBlazer05 said:

Lions fan here: The season-long numbers may not reflect it, but they've stiffened against the run the past several weeks.

Really really didn't need to read this. Gonna now be stressing over who to flex lmao. You're right though, looking at the numbers Detroit has been stingier against the run than one would anticipate.

2 hours ago, BlueBlazer05 said:

Lions fan here: The season-long numbers may not reflect it, but they've stiffened against the run the past several weeks. Obviously you can beat them through the air easily, but I don't trust that Lindsay's gonna get enough targets. I survived his dud last week, but opted to drop him this week and will start Drake, Singletary, or Hunt in his place (PPR).

Since week 10, the Lions have only allowed 83.1 rushing yards per game which is the second lowest amount in the NFL during that span. During that same time frame, opposing teams have only gained 3.1 yards per rushing attempt against them which is lowest in the entire NFL.

These are the RBs that have faced the Lions from weeks 10-15 and their results:

Week 10-

David Montgomery: 17/60/0 (3.5 ypc) - 0/0/0 rec

Tarik Cohen: 3/14/0 (4.7 ypc) - 4/23/1 rec

Week 11-

Ezekiel Elliott: 16/45/1 and a fumble (2.8 ypc) - 2/28/1 rec

Tony Pollard: 2/12/0 (6.0 ypc) - 4/44/1 rec

Week 12-

Derrius Guice: 10/32/0 (3.2 ypc) - 1/6/0 rec 

Adrian Peterson: 10/27/0 (2.7 ypc) - 1/22/0 rec

Week 13-

David Montgomery: 16/75/0 (4.7 ypc) - 2/12/1 rec

Tarik Cohen: 3/9/0 (3.0 ypc) - 4/26/0 rec

Week 14-

Dalvin Cook: 18/62/1 (3.4 ypc) - 2/13/0 rec

Alexander Mattison: 14/46/0 (3.3 ypc) - 2/18/0 rec

Week 15-

Ronald Jones: 11/23/0 (2.1 ypc) - 1/26/0 rec

Peyton Barber: 10/17/0 (1.7 ypc) - 2/23/0 rec

-

Pretty shocking for a team that has lost 7 straight to have been so solid against the run during that span. David Montgomery’s 87 scrimmage yards in week 13 are the most that the Lions have allowed to a single player over this stretch as well. Add in the fact that Lindsay hasn’t had a 100 yard scrimmage game since week 5 and that Freeman has gotten 9.3 touches (to Lindsay’s 15.0) per game over the Broncos last 3 games and I just don’t like it. At all.

He’s a sit for me unless you’re desperate.

Yeah, this is a strange situation.

At first glance, it appears to be a dream matchup.  I mean, on ESPN when you look at Lindsay and see that opponent ranking against run being a "green" 29, it looks fantastic.

But when you dig deeper at Detroits performance the last 4-5 weeks ,they've played much better against the run than their ranking would suggest.

I'd say who I'm considering over Lindsay but probably then it'll get flagged for AC content so I won't.  But between the Lions better play and Lindsay being capped at about 50% of the snaps with very little pass game involvement, this isn't feeling like as good of a start as it might appear on the surface.

I don't know what I'll do.  I do feel like Lindsay is "due".  He just had one of his worst games of the season last week and think he'll bounce back.  But, that's not really based on any facts and is just a gut feeling.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, tts42572 said:

Yeah, this is a strange situation.

At first glance, it appears to be a dream matchup.  I mean, on ESPN when you look at Lindsay and see that opponent ranking against run being a "green" 29, it looks fantastic.

But when you dig deeper at Detroits performance the last 4-5 weeks ,they've played much better against the run than their ranking would suggest.

I'd say who I'm considering over Lindsay but probably then it'll get flagged for AC content so I won't.  But between the Lions better play and Lindsay being capped at about 50% of the snaps with very little pass game involvement, this isn't feeling like as good of a start as it might appear on the surface.

I don't know what I'll do.  I do feel like Lindsay is "due".  He just had one of his worst games of the season last week and think he'll bounce back.  But, that's not really based on any facts and is just a gut feeling.

This is my feeling too. The split with Freeman and the lack of passing involvement is a big time concern. 

In his last 9 games he has 16 receptions for 45 yards. That’s 2.8 yards per catch with an average of 1.8 catches & 5 yards per game. 

He is only adding about 2 ppr points per game and playing 1/2 the snaps. You really are banking on a 20 carry-100+ yard-2 TD game and based on how the Lions have played the run recently that may not be as easy as you think. 

• Like 1