lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

How ya doing copter?   

Getting amped up for the season to start! Although I got offered tickets to the game on Thursday and passed lol

X2-   Freeman is a fine pounder who can run well in a straight line— but it’s Lindsay and Sanders who stir the drink for this offense. 

Agreed. Any other Bronco outside the defense is a purely speculative add. I'd love for Sutton to step up big time but everything I've heard and seen hasn't been very inspiring

• Like 1

Just now, lolcopter said:

Getting amped up for the season to start! Although I got offered tickets to the game on Thursday and passed lol

Agreed. Any other Bronco outside the defense is a purely speculative add. I'd love for Sutton to step up big time but everything I've heard and seen hasn't been very inspiring

U mean u didn’t want to fight traffic and be extorted for parking to see third stringers in a snooze fest?   LOL.   Can’t blame u.  

Sutton I have come down on too- but it may just be a matter of more time.   He doesn’t have the dog in him that Sanders does and it’s apparent when they’re out there.   

U mean u didn’t want to fight traffic and be extorted for parking to see third stringers in a snooze fest?   LOL.   Can’t blame u.  

Don't wanna miss $22 beer night!

Sutton I have come down on too- but it may just be a matter of more time.   He doesn’t have the dog in him that Sanders does and it’s apparent when they’re out there.   

Yeah he just seems to play much smaller than his size ala DT. Hopefully once the season opens up we get some Flacco 50/50 bombs since that seems to be one of Sutton's strong points. Sanders on the other hand looks amazing already, and I think Lindsay will be just fine once the live action starts. They seem to he emphasizing his involvement in the passing game which is great!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Don't wanna miss $22 beer night!

Yeah he just seems to play much smaller than his size ala DT. Hopefully once the season opens up we get some Flacco 50/50 bombs since that seems to be one of Sutton's strong points. Sanders on the other hand looks amazing already, and I think Lindsay will be just fine once the live action starts. They seem to he emphasizing his involvement in the passing game which is great!

Good comp- I also see a lot of DT there.   Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing considering Demaryius was a top 5 wr before the hip slowed him and he sort of lost interest in football.  

Anyway back to Lindsay-   50/30/20 is my best guess on snap share.    Touches will go up from last season.  How do u feel about the Oline?   Schlereth was saying Leary is an IR or cut candidate 😢 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Anyway back to Lindsay-   50/30/20 is my best guess on snap share.    Touches will go up from last season.  How do u feel about the Oline?   Schlereth was saying Leary is an IR or cut candidate 😢 

Leary has been a tremendous waste of money, that much is for sure. I cannot wait until Garrett Bowles is off this team, he is still a massive liability. Like the rookie a lot, but overall the whole line is really thin talent-wise. Might be another long season back there.

Where are people getting this about Freeman being more involved and that hurting Lindsay's value?  Freeman will get some carries, yes, but Lindsay is still the back to own in Denver.  Nothing's changed.

Edited by kraftwrk_5

No clue why they would limit his work load.  Guy is a stud, averaged 5.4 ypc on a crap team.  But his adp is garbage, the Freeman angle is a real thing.  If you’re to win games, why would you put a trash player like Freeman on the field more than you need to.

3 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

No clue why they would limit his work load.  Guy is a stud, averaged 5.4 ypc on a crap team.  But his adp is garbage, the Freeman angle is a real thing.  If you’re to win games, why would you put a trash player like Freeman on the field more than you need to.

I agree, and don’t think they will. I haven’t seen one article saying the coaches were going to feed Freeman (I’m a Broncos fan, so follow them closely), which is why I was asking. Lindsay is still the #1 back, and it’s not close. He’s a much better receiver than Freeman too. The Broncos are going to hide Flacco as much as they can, have long drives with long times of possession, and try to win games with their defense. So I forsee Lindsay getting a lot of work, both rushes and dump offs from Flacco. Freeman will get some work too, but he’s more of a change of pace/handcuff guy. Lindsay is the man there, and I’m pretty bullish on him this year. He was basically the only part of the Broncos offense I really wanted, lol.

• Like 2

People need to get on the boat now, while they still can.

In the last 10 years Flacco has had a running back lead the team in receptions 4 times... he also utilizes his pass catching backs often as check downs.

Lindsey is the most electric tailback the Broncos have. He should easily see 50% of the rushing work ((8-15 carries)) and get multiple targets ((approx. 5)) every week. 

If Lindsey isnt a top 20 in PPR this year I'd be shocked. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Why does nobody like this guy.   Is there something I’m missing?  Fangio should lead a run heavy team.  Could be a big season

• Like 1

Agreed - Lindsay’s a stud, and he’ll be used even more this year as the Broncos attempt to grind out games, hide Flacco, and win games with their defense. Big night coming tonight against the Raiders. I’m excited.

Just now, lolcopter said:

Expecting an Ekeler-esque performance tonight with less TDs maybe

😲🙏 

i have no idea what to expect from this O line 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

😲🙏 

i have no idea what to expect from this O line 

Holding calls in crucial moments of the game

• Haha 3

looks closer to 50/50, passing work will help him stay as lead back

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

looks closer to 50/50, passing work will help him stay as lead back

Freeman was in on a lot of passing downs.

Broncos offense is a mess, and their new OC looks clueless as to how to use Lindsay. I'm not feeling good after what I saw tonight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wize1 said:

Freeman was in on a lot of passing downs.

Broncos offense is a mess, and their new OC looks clueless as to how to use Lindsay. I'm not feeling good after what I saw tonight.

Really hope Lindsay can take over RB duties like he did last year. At this point, both he and Freeman are bench players.

I see freeman taking a lot of touches from this dude. Really glad I saw that coming and didn’t draft him. 50/50 split coming in Denver, freeman underrated as a pass catcher 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Why does nobody like this guy.   Is there something I’m missing?  Fangio should lead a run heavy team.  Could be a big season

freeman taking snaps in a nearly even timeshare 

inept coaching staff

you saw some of both tonight which is more of the same from last year

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

Yeah it looks bad but it was a trap game.  Oakland was amped for this one and jumped on them from the start.  I think he’ll get some decent receptions which is a start.  But yeah we’re probably screwed

• Like 1

Stay calm, boys. 

Let's keep in mind he got 50% of the carries and was targeted a BUNCH. Flacco looked uncomfortable and Fangio was having a hard time calling plays tonight. 

It will get better. 

• Thanks 1

Last season Lindsey only got 227 touches. Last night he got 15 including 4 catches on 6 targets vs Freeman's 1 target. The more Denver is behind this year, the more Lindsey will play and it looks like they're going to be behind most of the season. If 15 is what we can expect him to beat that 227 mark

Not worried, yet.

7 hours ago, Guwop said:

freeman taking snaps in a nearly even timeshare 

inept coaching staff

you saw some of both tonight which is more of the same from last year

He was a fringe rb1 last year before the wrist injury Christmas Eve.   Let’s hope it’s more of the same.   

Great passing game usage-  losing Jawuan James early was a big blow. 

I avoided this backfield in general, but avoided Lindsay just about everywhere at his price.  I think this is going to be a frustrating backfield to be a part of, and of the 2 backs I think Freeman is the better runner.  I took Freeman late in a couple of drafts because of that, and because of the bargain price vs Lindsay.  If the Broncos are playing from behind a lot then that definitely helps Lindsay in the touch department.  I could see a fairly even split here for the foreseeable future tho, on an offense that may leave a lot to be desired.  As a roster piece with an eye to the future I'm ok with either. As someone I'm depending on as a starter right now I'd be worried.

• Like 1