lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

All you that are butthurt about freeman taking touches needa give you head a shake... Lindsay is nowhere near as good as half you guys think he is. This is either gonna be a split backfield or freeman is gonna take lead duties.. he’s always been the better rb

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, cking10 said:

All you that are butthurt about freeman taking touches needa give you head a shake... Lindsay is nowhere near as good as half you guys think he is. This is either gonna be a split backfield or freeman is gonna take lead duties.. he’s always been the better rb

theres-the-door-take-it.jpg.563a17bbf7d4

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He’s outplayed Lindsay for two weeks now...

Fair. I dont have a dog in this fight as I declared lindsay DND based on his adp a few pages ago and folks had a field day saying freeman didn't matter and said I was crazy. Just letting folks know that the idea of the coaching staff wanting freeman to be involved was talked about since the end of last season and all preseason and the writing was on the wall. And this is from a former lindsay owner

Edited by Guwop

9 hours ago, cking10 said:

Hey now FWIW he was a low end RB1 for free last year and did pretty well. Being healthy and having a scheme can change things lol

On 8/26/2019 at 9:10 PM, ajs723 said:

The Lindsay/Freeman narrative officially gets my "dumbest narrative of the offseason" award. 

Lindsay got basically 40% of the snaps last year and was roughly an RB1. It'll likely be a 40-40-20 split between Lindsay-Freeman-Booker/Riddick. 

Lindsay's pass catching and big play ability should keep him a strong RB2, while Freeman offers solid upside later in the draft. That's it. 

If you think Lindsay is DND, or Freeman is going to become a workhorse superstar back, you're working backwards from that conclusion because of some other bias. 

Hmmmmm 🤔

I like Lindsay and owned him last year, but he really hit a wall toward the end of the year and started coming back to earth. He is never going to be a bellcow back. He is not big enough to take that kind of beating each week

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

How did everybody not see this coming?

See what coming?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

See what coming?

His regression. It was apparent late last season the magic had run out. I am not sure Lindsay loses his job, but we can't expect a repeat of what happened last year. 

6 minutes ago, atdharris said:

His regression. It was apparent late last season the magic had run out. I am not sure Lindsay loses his job, but we can't expect a repeat of what happened last year. 

His adp reflected some anticipated regression.  If people thought he would have repeated the same numbers as last year he would have been a second round pick. I think what went unseen was a 50/50 split with freeman.

51 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

How did everybody not see this coming?

Most folks either didn't own him or forgot how last year came about. Freeman was supposed to be the lead but lindsay out played him week one then freeman had a high ankle sprain and lindsay took over. When freeman came back they made it a tandem with lindsay having the higher share. But freeman was the rb they talked up big before last season. They talked him up again this yea with the new coaching scheme. 

It's not time to bail on lindsay imo but as long as freeman is healthy he's not doing what he did last year

17 minutes ago, atdharris said:

The magic ran out when DT was traded, Sanders went down, and Denver lost its 4th starting O lineman.   Devoid of weapons and blockers- the offense stagnated. 

Maybe some were expecting 20+ touches a week this year-  but that was never happening.   He’s always been an efficiency play, not volume.   Especially not week 2 vs the bears.  

Edited by Impreza178

His efficiency has tailed off.  A timeshare in a below average offense isn’t good for anybody.  Both guys are bench stashes

41 minutes ago, herschel said:

His adp reflected some anticipated regression.  If people thought he would have repeated the same numbers as last year he would have been a second round pick. I think what went unseen was a 50/50 split with freeman.

He was in a 50/50 split with Freeman last year when Freeman got hurt.

24 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He was in a 50/50 split with Freeman last year when Freeman got hurt.

Exactly. The split has been a thing and was hyped up as a thing all preseason. 

3 hours ago, Guwop said:

Hmmmmm 🤔

Hmmm, what? It's been 60-40 Lindsay. I'll take Lindsay over Freeman by a decent margin still. Freeman has played well, but Lindsay is still the better back. 

19 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Hmmm, what? It's been 60-40 Lindsay. I'll take Lindsay over Freeman by a decent margin still. Freeman has played well, but Lindsay is still the better back. 

How "lindsay being better" helping you fantasy when Freeman is getting too much work for lindsay to produce.

You dismissed Freeman's impact on Lindsay's touches which would limit his ceiling. The coaches clearly want to use both. The impact is already there. Ironically lindsay owners are sounding like freeman owners did last year lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Guwop said:

How "lindsay being better" helping you fantasy when Freeman is getting too much work for lindsay to produce.

You dismissed Freeman's impact on Lindsay's touches which would limit his ceiling. The coaches clearly want to use both. The impact is already there. Ironically lindsay owners are sounding like freeman owners did last year lol

I don't get it. I said 60-40, it is 60-40. Lindsay is the better player, that's why he starts. And Freeman is the lesser half of the share. Lindsay had a mediocre game against the best D in football and I'm supposed to be worried. 

At the end of the year, Lindsay will be a solid RB2 and Freeman will be an RB3 with weekly upside. 

Literally nothing has changed, and my prediction for this backfield has been proven exactly correct. 

You might be forgetting that people thought Freeman was going to be the workhorse and Lindsay was going to be a pass catching back. 

• Thanks 2

I kind of regret getting involved in this backfield. I don't think either Lindsay or Freeman is particularly great. I guess Lindsay is a decent flex and bye week filler but I'd hate to use him as anything but. Let's see how he does against a lesser defense. Oakland's defensive front is pretty stout, clearly their secondary is the weakness and the Bears have talent at pretty much every position.

13 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I don't get it. I said 60-40, it is 60-40. Lindsay is the better player, that's why he starts. And Freeman is the lesser half of the share. Lindsay had a mediocre game against the best D in football and I'm supposed to be worried. 

At the end of the year, Lindsay will be a solid RB2 and Freeman will be an RB3 with weekly upside. 

Literally nothing has changed, and my prediction for this backfield has been proven exactly correct. 

You might be forgetting that people thought Freeman was going to be the workhorse and Lindsay was going to be a pass catching back. 

I get being optimistic, but it sounds like you've convinced yourself Lindsay is the better back, when through two games Freeman has looked better. So I'm curious what you're basing your assumption of Lindsay being more talented than Freeman on, considering the limited sample size with Freeman being injured last year. 

• Like 1

Tl;dr: you should be pleased with his workload based on where you likely drafted him, and his first two matchups suppressed his numbers relative to where they’ll likely be in an average matchup. 

17 touches and 66 scrimmage yards isn’t that bad against the best defense in the league. You can see based on the Raiders game plan that both games they’ve basically stacked the defense up front to stop the run and pressure the QB while leaving receivers in single coverage, making the opposing QB beat them downfield. Worked against Denver, obviously had no chance of working against KC.

I expected so little this game that I benched him even though I drafted him to be an every week Flex. I drafted him thinking he had a ceiling of about 15 touches until Freeman got injured or Lindsay pulled away from him on performance. That he got 17 touches is very promising. He will do much more damage on those touches in more favorable matchups

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

I get being optimistic, but it sounds like you've convinced yourself Lindsay is the better back, when through two games Freeman has looked better. So I'm curious what you're basing your assumption of Lindsay being more talented than Freeman on, considering the limited sample size with Freeman being injured last year. 

Agreed. I'm big on Lindsay but even going back to last year, Freeman has been seen as the best talent. And what happened last year was a product of inept coaching. That's one reason why I grabbed both of them. However, this split is very frustrating.

36 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Simple he owns one of them and doesn't own the other. Freeman owners where doing the same last year when lindsay arrived and took over after freeman had the high ankle sprain.

• Like 1