lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

25 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Simple he owns one of them and doesn't own the other. Freeman owners where doing the same last year when lindsay arrived and took over after freeman had the high ankle sprain.

Lindsay is the starter. Freeman is the backup.

If the coaching staff thought Freeman was better, he'd be starting.

There is no bias in what I'm saying. The starting running back has more value than his backup.

I agree Freeman has had a few nice runs this year. I'm not changing my opinion, or going against the actual team's depth chart because of that. That would be knee-jerk, myopic, and illogical. 

6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Lindsay is the starter. Freeman is the backup.

If the coaching staff thought Freeman was better, he'd be starting.

There is no bias in what I'm saying. The starting running back has more value than his backup.

I agree Freeman has had a few nice runs this year. I'm not changing my opinion, or going against the actual team's depth chart because of that. That would be knee-jerk, myopic, and illogical. 

Freeman had 43 snaps compared to 39 snaps.

Not sure if there is a clear “starter”

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

yup its pretty much a 50/50 split unless one really falls off/gets hurt

• Like 1

Is there any upside here anymore. Definitely could buy very low. My initial thought would be lindsay would be fairly useful in the beginning of the season but his value would fall off as Royce got more work in order to better prevent lindsay from wearing down like last year. Havent seen the games has he looked like the worse back?

4 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

It’s an even timeshare.  Can’t really play either guy unless you have injuries or bye week issues.  

They are both solid flex options and they are both averaging 15 touches a week... 

Once Broncos D steps up, things are looking up for both!

11 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

Except Lindsay has started all 4 halfs. He's the starter. 

3 hours ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Is there any upside here anymore. Definitely could buy very low. My initial thought would be lindsay would be fairly useful in the beginning of the season but his value would fall off as Royce got more work in order to better prevent lindsay from wearing down like last year. Havent seen the games has he looked like the worse back?

Of course there is upside. If one gets hurt the other becomes instant RB2

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Except Lindsay has started all 4 halfs. He's the starter. 

What difference does the "starter" make if they're playing virtually the same amount of snaps? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

What difference does the "starter" make if they're playing virtually the same amount of snaps? 

Especially when the “starter” is being outplayed by the “backup”...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Over the course of a season, the guy who starts every half is going to get more snaps. That's just math. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Over the course of a season, the guy who starts every half is going to get more snaps. That's just math. 

What? That's not true, as proven by the last game. Freeman 43 snaps, Lindsay 39. Starter does not make a difference in this obvious backfield split. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

False. Game script & performance dictates who gets more snaps. Both backs are interchangeable at this point, but Freeman is built for more carries & the GL work. I think you’ll eventually see Lindsay’s role reduced to mostly runs between the 20’s, spread formation sets & obvious passing situations. 

57 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

That's some fuzzy math but ok

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

False. Game script & performance dictates who gets more snaps. Both backs are interchangeable at this point, but Freeman is built for more carries & the GL work. I think you’ll eventually see Lindsay’s role reduced to mostly runs between the 20’s, spread formation sets & obvious passing situations. 

Nothing so far in practices, games, or media has indicated this is in the works.    As fantasy players, we of course want a clear delineation of roles.  More certainty, less risk. However, Lindsay and Royce are both competent between the tackles and in the passing game. 

Just plan on 10-15 rushes and 3-5 catches for each back every week.  Sucks but that’s reality.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nothing so far in practices, games, or media has indicated this is in the works.    As fantasy players, we of course want a clear delineation of roles.  More certainty, less risk. However, Lindsay and Royce are both competent between the tackles and in the passing game.

I think it’s common sense to speculate this is how things can shake out. Freeman outweighs Lindsay by 30+ lbs & can move piles forward, while Lindsay simply can’t. Lindsay’s quickness & speed in space is where he has the advantage. DEN will get more out of Lindsay by not beating him up between the tackles

39 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I think it’s common sense to speculate this is how things can shake out. Freeman outweighs Lindsay by 30+ lbs & can move piles forward, while Lindsay simply can’t. Lindsay’s quickness & speed in space is where he has the advantage. DEN will get more out of Lindsay by not beating him up between the tackles

If you want the defense to get a read on your  play selection- sure.  

But all signs point to balanced touches moving forward.   I’m all ears if you come across information otherwise. 

Edited by Impreza178

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If you want the defense to get a read on your  play selection- sure.  

But all signs point to balanced touches moving forward.   I’m all ears if you come across information otherwise. 

I totally agree on the telegraphing of plays. That’s why I hate RBBC, yet teams constantly do it anyway. Don’t get me wrong, Freeman & Lindsay have versatile skills. I think DEN can be more fluid than most teams in various situations. Just thinking more often than not it will probably shake out that way

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

That's some fuzzy math but ok

WTF?! 

If the two alternate drives, and Lindsay is starting every half, he will see more drives. 

That's not fuzzy math, that's crystal clear. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

WTF?! 

If the two alternate drives, and Lindsay is starting every half, he will see more drives. 

That's not fuzzy math, that's crystal clear. 

Then how come that doesn't translate to real life snap counts ?

Does this kid run between the tackles? Seems like every time he has the ball he wants to bounce it outside. I get that's his strength but it seems like teams know what he's gonna do when he's out there

3 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Then how come that doesn't translate to real life snap counts ?

It will. In a small sample size something weird can happen.

The Broncos go three and out with Lindsay on the field and then have a 12 play drive with Freeman. For one game, a weird number like that can skew the numbers. 

I'd bet my entire fantasy budget that Lindsay has played more snaps at year's end (barring injury).

The backfield so far has been what I expected.  A split workload one a mediocre to bad offense, with neither player being good enough to start.  Hopefully that changes for the sake of both Lindsay and Freeman owners.  There's nothing worse than holding a player that you can't start, can't drop, and don't expect to get you more than 8 to 10 points on the regular.  One of the 2 taking the reigns for whatever reason would be beneficial to the owners of both players.   I invested in Freeman because I figured this might be how things looked, he was a lot cheaper on draft day, and I personally feel he's the better back.  Right now if you have to play one or the other you're hoping for a TD to help make the score salvageable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If last week is any indication, Lindsay is no longer anything but a flex.  

Hope I am wrong.

• Like 1