Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

As a d williams owner i am hopnig for 12 to 14 carries and 4 to 5 catches per game with 8 to 10 tds. and 1350 total yards. If we get that I can live with the round 2 price I paid. Espn has him for 4 dollars in auctions now and no one lets him go for 4 dollars in auctions that is just insane. Last night he still went for 33 in my yahoo auction.

16 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Says history 

So any coach who has not won a super bowl will never win a super bowl?

I know you and copter are broncos fans so I understand the hate for the walrus but he is a hell of a football coach

Why is this an either-or proposition? I think both guys will have value. Only difference is instead of Damien being a locked in RB1, both he and Shady will likely be RB2s most weeks. It seems clear to me that Reid is going to go with a hot hand approach, so I’ve got them ranked about evenly, with a slight nudge to McCoy since he’s been a better back and Reid loves him. And Darwin Thompson is now back to deep league bench stash/handcuff status for me, and will probably only be useable if McCoy or Damien gets injured.

To the Damien truthers, I’ll say this: McCoy is not washed. If you watched him last year, he has plenty left. And he couldn’t be going to a more perfect situation. Reid was talking of using a committee even before bringing on Shady, then he went and got him as soon as he was available, so it’s clear he doesn’t fully trust Damien to be the man.

To the McCoy truthers, read Shady’s comments yesterday. Even he recognizes he’s not going to be a bell cow. He just wants to win at this point in his career.

As usual, the truth will be somewhere in between the two extremes. So cool your jets, guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If both guys get 12 to 14 carries and 4 catches per game both are high rb2s in that offense. Prob best for both so both will be around for the jan stretch run instead of one of them taking the ball 370 times and then being close to out of gas in january. 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So any coach who has not won a super bowl will never win a super bowl?

I know you and copter are broncos fans so I understand the hate for the walrus but he is a hell of a football coach

Let me clarify

Reid is a brilliant offensive mind.   The chiefs are lucky to have him, and his career record speaks for itself.   

However....when the chips are down and you need to straight outplay and outcoach the other team... Well you’ve seen it.   Clock errors, terrible penalties,  huge comebacks....  They put up huge numbers reg season and then buckle time and again when it matters.   I don’t claim to fully understand but it is a thing for Reid.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

As a d williams owner i am hopnig for 12 to 14 carries and 4 to 5 catches per game with 8 to 10 tds. and 1350 total yards. If we get that I can live with the round 2 price I paid. Espn has him for 4 dollars in auctions now and no one lets him go for 4 dollars in auctions that is just insane. Last night he still went for 33 in my yahoo auction.

That's what he averaged last year as a bellcow. You're asking for a lot if it's split

IMO Andy Reid didn’t sign Shady McCoy for no reason. Not to bag on D. Williams, but he is injury prone going back to his MIA days, especially the hammy. Does Andy have enough faith in Williams staying healthy all season. I don’t think so.....Both players can ball under this scheme but smart money on Shady

10 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Why is this an either-or proposition? I think both guys will have value. Only difference is instead of Damien being a locked in RB1, both he and Shady will likely be RB2s most weeks. It seems clear to me that Reid is going to go with a hot hand approach, so I’ve got them ranked about evenly, with a slight nudge to McCoy since he’s been a better back and Reid loves him. And Darwin Thompson is now back to deep league bench stash/handcuff status for me, and will probably only be useable if McCoy or Damien gets injured.

To the Damien truthers, I’ll say this: McCoy is not washed. If you watched him last year, he has plenty left. And he couldn’t be going to a more perfect situation. Reid was talking of using a committee even before bringing on Shady, then he went and got him as soon as he was available, so it’s clear he doesn’t fully trust Damien to be the man.

To the McCoy truthers, read Shady’s comments yesterday. Even he recognizes he’s not going to be a bell cow. He just wants to win at this point in his career.

As usual, the truth will be somewhere in between the two extremes. So cool your jets, guys.

Can you show me what he said? I watched his interview and he said in Buffalo he was used to being THE guy and now it's different because the Chiefs already are rolling and have their guys set and he is excited to fill his role. He is talking about Mahomes, Kelce, Hill when in my opinion when he says he won't be the featured offensive player, not Damien and Darwin. "When I come here, I'm down in the grouping. You got the quarterbacks and Wide receivers and even the backfield has good players."  Shady said he thinks the Chiefs can help him return to the production he had before. 

He was explicitely asked what he thinks about Damien and Darwin and his role and he deflected the question and said he wants to win and that that Reid's decision. 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Haha 1

This thread is AIDs. Nobody knows wtf is gonna happen or why it happened and you're arguing like you do. All that is for certain is Dwill is getting first crack to impress and keep his job

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, scheibler said:

This thread is AIDs. Nobody knows wtf is gonna happen or why it happened and you're arguing like you do. All that is for certain is Dwill is getting first crack to impress and keep his job

Golfclap 👏 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bronco Billy said:

Moving forward I believe each guy may get starts and their work load adjusted on a hot-hand/game situation basis.  I do believe this parallels the Staley/Westbrook/Buckhalter situation that Reid had in PHI.  He’s going to give each some work and see which guy emerges as the most productive guy who can also do some of the other things like pass protect or force Ds into mismatches.

How do the 2019 Chiefs parallel the 2003 Eagles?

The 2003 Eagles didn't use their receivers very much.  The Chiefs have an elite WR in Tyreek Hill and a legitimate secondary WR in Sammy Watkins.

The 2003 Eagles didn't use their TE's very much.  The Chiefs have the undisputed #1 TE in the league.

The 2003 Eagles used a 3 headed RBBC whose ages were between 24 and 28.  The Chiefs RBs have a 27 year old Damien Williams (around 350 career touches), a 31 year old LeSean McCoy (over 2,800 career touches), and a 23 year old rookie Darwin Thompson.

Just now, Watitdookie said:

IMO Andy Reid didn’t sign Shady McCoy for no reason. Not to bag on D. Williams, but he is injury prone going back to his MIA days, especially the hammy. Does Andy have enough faith in Williams staying healthy all season. I don’t think so.....Both players can ball under this scheme but smart money on Shady

I mean I think McCoy deff has a part in this offense for sure but not sure where the DWill injury prone label is coming from unless it's not documented because he didn't miss games 

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/damien-williams/7168

5 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

How many games has Williams missed as a pro? 

2 hours ago, wekko368 said:

Are you aware that when McCoy signed with the Chiefs, there was literally less than a week left before the start of Week 1?

The season starts this week?  I had no idea.

What's your point?  You clearly don't understand mine, that Reid was not going to leave 300 carries to Darren stinking Williams.  That's why he drafted Thompson, signed Hyde, and quickly upgraded at the first opportunity w/ McCoy.  WHO was going to absorb the carries in this backfield aside from Williams, was never a debate for the Anti-Williams crowd.  We just knew it wasn't going to be Williams.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

How do the 2019 Chiefs parallel the 2003 Eagles?

The 2003 Eagles didn't use their receivers very much.  The Chiefs have an elite WR in Tyreek Hill and a legitimate secondary WR in Sammy Watkins.

The 2003 Eagles didn't use their TE's very much.  The Chiefs have the undisputed #1 TE in the league.

The 2003 Eagles used a 3 headed RBBC whose ages were between 24 and 28.  The Chiefs RBs have a 27 year old Damien Williams (around 350 career touches), a 31 year old LeSean McCoy (over 2,800 career touches), and a 23 year old rookie Darwin Thompson.

Did you happen to read the immediately proceeding sentence for a little bit on context instead of launching into WR/TE comparisons and reviewing RB ages?

2 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

What's your point?  You clearly don't understand mine, that Reid was not going to leave 300 carries to Darren stinking Williams.  That's why he drafted Thompson, signed Hyde, and quickly upgraded at the first opportunity w/ McCoy.  WHO was going to absorb the carries in this backfield aside from Williams, was never a debate for the Anti-Williams crowd.  We just knew it wasn't going to be Williams.

You emphasized that the Chiefs signed McCoy the day he became available.  I'm simply pointing out that when the season starts in less than a week, time is of the essence.  You can't assume it speaks to projected usage.

16 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Can you show me what he said? I watched his interview and he said in Buffalo he was used to being THE guy and now it's different because the Chiefs already are rolling and have their guys set and he is excited to fill his role. He is talking about Mahomes, Kelce, Hill when in my opinion when he says he won't be the featured offensive player, not Damien and Darwin. "When I come here, I'm down in the grouping. You got the quarterbacks and Wide receivers and even the backfield has good players.  Shady said he thinks the Chiefs can help him return to the production he had befor. 

He was explicitely asked what he thinks about Damien and Darwin and his role and he deflected the question and said he wants to win and that that Reid's decision. 

"Those are some pretty good backs,'' McCoy said. "That's for Coach Reid to [decide]. The good thing about that is he's been doing that for a number of years with different guys like Duce Staley and [Brian] Westbrook, who had really good careers. I'm open to working hard and competing. The ultimate goal is to win. That's one thing I haven't done yet. I've had good numbers. I've done good things. But I want to win. I need to be with a winning team, and whatever it takes to get that done, we'll do."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27522425/reid-mccoy-will-ready-sunday

Pretty obvious to me he knows he’s not being handed the lead role, especially his line about coming in and competing. He’s not worried about putting up numbers, he just wants to win at this stage of his career.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I knew this when I drafted Williams. He was never going to be a bell cow in this offense but he doesn’t need to in order to put up big fantasy points. Reid would be foolish not to upgrade his running back corps with McCoy since the Chiefs have Super Bowl aspirations. I’m more interested in Williams staying healthy all season. He’s still a weekly must start in all leagues.

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This was when Damien Williams was the Dolphins 3rd down back, even referenced him as a 3-down type back earlier in his careeer.Anyways He was getting more carries during that stretch of the season when he got injured. His workload expanded, and got more banged up. He may have only missed 5 games, but definitely been more if the season was longer. To add on, I just remember all the Rotoworld blurbs, blurbing that’s he’s nicked up when he was a dolphin, I don’t why I remember this stuff ,BUT I REMEMBER so hey!!!

Edited by Watitdookie

3 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

"Those are some pretty good backs,'' McCoy said. "That's for Coach Reid to [decide]. The good thing about that is he's been doing that for a number of years with different guys like Duce Staley and [Brian] Westbrook, who had really good careers. I'm open to working hard and competing. The ultimate goal is to win. That's one thing I haven't done yet. I've had good numbers. I've done good things. But I want to win. I need to be with a winning team, and whatever it takes to get that done, we'll do."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27522425/reid-mccoy-will-ready-sunday

Pretty obvious to me he knows he’s not being handed the lead role, especially his line about coming in and competing. He’s not worried about putting up numbers, he just wants to win at this stage of his career.

That's a thoughtful, yet generic response that you would expect from a professional. To take those words and to somehow translate them into McCoy not wanting to play or that McCoy will not play is wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

This was when Damien Williams was the Dolphins 3rd down back, even referenced him as a 3-down type back earlier in his careeer.Anyways He was getting more carries during that stretch of the season when he got injured. His workload expanded, and got more banged up. He may have only missed 5 games, but definitely been more if the season was longer. To add on, I just remember all the Rotoworld blurbs, staying that’s he’s banged up when he was a dolphin, I don’t why I remember this stuff ,BUT I REMEMBER so hey!!!

How many games has dalvin cook missed?

33 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

How many games has Williams missed as a pro? 

Kinda hard to get injured and miss games when you’re not playing

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Chiefs offense is built around creating open space, and getting the ball to your players in that open space.  That is where McCoy eats.  He was not signed just to sit and watch.  He was signed because he perfectly fits the offense.  His age will prevent bell cow use, but barring injury, he will lead the team in touches.  I expect around 50/40/10 split in snaps and touches.  

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Kinda hard to get injured and miss games when you’re not playing

True since Miami is such a great evaluator of talent.

• Haha 1