Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

He’s basically Rex Burkhead when he returns. Will get a few touches but only fantasy relevant if someone else gets hurt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He’s basically Rex Burkhead when he returns. Will get a few touches but only fantasy relevant if someone else gets hurt.

Andy Reid tell you that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know it’s hard to accept that a guy who was drafted to be 1 of your starting RBs is no longer valuable, but that is the case with Damien Williams. You can hold him and take the loss, or you can try to trade him for any type of value or drop him for a player on the way up like Ronald Jones. Even if Williams comes back healthy soon, it’s quite possible that he is 3rd on the depth chart now. The other Williams has the trust of the coaches and has been receiving larger workloads. McCoy is a better player than Damien Williams and also is in good standing with the coaching staff. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I know it’s hard to accept that a guy who was drafted to be 1 of your starting RBs is no longer valuable, but that is the case with Damien Williams. You can hold him and take the loss, or you can try to trade him for any type of value or drop him for a player on the way up like Ronald Jones. Even if Williams comes back healthy soon, it’s quite possible that he is 3rd on the depth chart now. The other Williams has the trust of the coaches and has been receiving larger workloads. McCoy is a better player than Damien Williams and also is in good standing with the coaching staff. 

Thanks, I’m totally going to take your advice and drop him 🙄

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ponchsox said:

3 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Yep, still the worst thread on rotoworld right now. Carry on

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I dropped him last week for Chris Thompson because I already have McCoy and Darrel Williams and dont feel like owning the entire Chiefs backfield when I only have 5 bench spots. He was my 3rd round keeper pick I only paid $5 for thankfully, but I think he's lost his starting job. Reid has done it to more talented backs in the past. FWIW, he was immediately picked up by someone else in our league.  

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

Awe this thread had all its fun sucked out of it.

Not saying he’s going to live up to his ADP, but it’ll be entertaining again when Damien returns and resumes his half share of the workload. 

3 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Awe this thread had all its fun sucked out of it.

Not saying he’s going to live up to his ADP, but it’ll be entertaining again when Damien returns and resumes his half share of the workload. 

I agree with this  8-10 Carrie's and 4 catches once he returns with Darrell going to the bench.

Im.planning on starting Damian and mccoy.  Should net me 150 all purpose yards and at least 1 td.  Did same thing last year with saints 

8 minutes ago, jbarretta said:

I agree with this  8-10 Carrie's and 4 catches once he returns with Darrell going to the bench.

Im.planning on starting Damian and mccoy.  Should net me 150 all purpose yards and at least 1 td.  Did same thing last year with saints 

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Damien is better than Darrel? 

2 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Damien is better than Darrel? 

He has eyes

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jbarretta said:

Pure speculation obviously, and I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure Darrel gets phased out. He's been too productive. How the snaps will be distributed is just impossible to predict right now. For fantasy you just gotta hope it's 1A/1B because if all three are equally involved none are really viable.

Just now, Impreza178 said:

He has eyes

The only reason Damien was perceived as better was that he was announced as the KC starting RB going into the season. The coaches obviously aren’t that high on Damien, which is why they went and got McCoy, who has taken over the starting gig from Damien. If Damien comes back healthy at some point and McCoy is hurt, it would still be a time share between the two Williams. The coaches actually trust Darrel because he’s a superior blocker and a capable receiving back. If McCoy stays healthy and Damien comes back healthy, Damien is looking at the backend of a 3 RB committee. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

The only reason Damien was perceived as better was that he was announced as the KC starting RB going into the season. The coaches obviously aren’t that high on Damien, which is why they went and got McCoy, who has taken over the starting gig from Damien. If Damien comes back healthy at some point and McCoy is hurt, it would still be a time share between the two Williams. The coaches actually trust Darrel because he’s a superior blocker and a capable receiving back. If McCoy stays healthy and Damien comes back healthy, Damien is looking at the backend of a 3 RB committee. 

Lots a Darell truthers in this thread  why wasn't Darell the starter last year or this year   job was wide open in camp.   Coaches like the Damian/mccoy combo it's pretty clear 

9 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Dont think so.   Darrell is rough in the receiving game.   He’s a good blocker and a steamroller at the GL.   That’s a good option with a banged up McCoy and Damien on the shelf- as they don’t trust Thompson.    Protecting Mahomes is priority uno.  

Mahomes literally hit ole Darrel in the back on a dump off.  He didn’t even turn around lol.   That was just the most egregious example.   

Damien’s job is quite safe.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

just likle how cincy wasnt high on gio bernard, which is why they drafted jeremy hill and joe mixon. Oh wait, they just gave Bernard an extension.

You can be high on someone and still grab another player at the same position

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 1

Just now, jbarretta said:

Lots a Darell truthers in this thread  why wasn't Darell the starter last year or this year   job was wide open in camp.   Coaches like the Damian/mccoy combo it's pretty clear 

It’s also pretty clear they like the Darrel/McCoy combo. I’m not denying it’s possible that Damien regains his starting job at some point, but it’s also possible that Darrel has leap-frogged him in the pecking order. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. It’s not like Damien is loaded with talent. His value comes solely from being a running back on Kansas City. If I owned Damien and there was a manager in the league who perceived him as still being the lead back on KC, I would consider trading with him to get good value while I still could. 

14 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Pure speculation obviously, and I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure Darrel gets phased out. He's been too productive. How the snaps will be distributed is just impossible to predict right now. For fantasy you just gotta hope it's 1A/1B because if all three are equally involved none are really viable.

Thank you for posting what should be pinned at the top of the threads of all 4 KC running backs. Between the 4 backs, there are over 500 pages of rubbish from posters who declare with conviction how this backfield is going to play out. There is no more fluid backfield in the NFL than this one. It was in preseason. It was though the first 4 weeks. And it will likely to continue to be so throughout the rest of the season. It's hard enough to figure how this backfield will play out next week, yet alone 5 weeks from now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

The 5 consecutive awesome games he had at the end season may have had something to do with it...

Just now, y2jbones said:

It’s also pretty clear they like the Darrel/McCoy combo. I’m not denying it’s possible that Damien regains his starting job at some point, but it’s also possible that Darrel has leap-frogged him in the pecking order. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. It’s not like Damien is loaded with talent. His value comes solely from being a running back on Kansas City. If I owned Damien and there was a manager in the league who perceived him as still being the lead back on KC, I would consider trading with him to get good value while I still could. 

Wrong again.    Where do people get this stuff?    Damien’s value comes primarily from his abilities in the passing game.   He’s exceptional at route running, receiving, and pass pro.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, y2jbones said:

I see you got all your bases covered. 

I believe when Damien is healthy the KC backfield will be McCoy & Damien. 

24 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Dont think so.   Darrell is rough in the receiving game.   He’s a good blocker and a steamroller at the GL.   That’s a good option with a banged up McCoy and Damien on the shelf- as they don’t trust Thompson.    Protecting Mahomes is priority uno.  

Mahomes literally hit ole Darrel in the back on a dump off.  He didn’t even turn around lol.   That was just the most egregious example.   

Damien’s job is quite safe.  

He caught the other 3 targets, so that was the only example. One of those catches up the seam was very impressive for a RB